Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football vs. hunting

Default Football vs. hunting

Ok, each year it seems we have a game or games where attendance is hurt by hunting. Question to the hunters.....how do the dates of this year's game match up with key hunting dates?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: Football vs. hunting

Western Illinois is on Pheasant opener otherwise I do believe we miss most of the opening weekends.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know about the ND season or how many people from MN come to games but here is the deer hunting for MN

11/08/08 Deer hunt Firearm opener

11/08/08 - 11/14/08 Deer hunt - Firearm - Zone 3A

11/08/08 - 11/23/08 Deer hunt - Firearm - Zone 1A

11/08/08 - 11/16/08 Deer hunt - Firearm - Zone 2A

11/22/08 - 11/30/08 Deer hunt - Firearm - Zone 3B

11/29/08 - 12/14/08 Deer hunt - Muzzleloader season

ND dear opener is 11/07/08, so that's good news.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Football vs. Hunting..............

Jessica Alba vs. Charlize Theron

choices, choices, choices

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.-Joshua J. Marine

Like I stated last year... (besides not caring about MN deer season). The biggest factor is that the largest hunting unit in ND (which also includes Fargo for the most part), is no longer a split season. That gave a lot of us more weekends to choose from to go out and hunt instead of just one which was the opener.

Pheasant hunting...I don't understand the big push to go out for opening weekend. I just make the first weekend that isn't during a home game, all the mob-hunters are out of the field by then.

I still think that they'd help the cause by moving the games during deer hunting season to later in the day. I think you'd get more attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I still think that they'd help the cause by moving the games during deer hunting season to later in the day. I think you'd get more attendance.
    Four of the six games are at night, including the two that are actually being played during "deer hunting season".

Homecoming is homecoming (Oct 4), it is what it is, and that game time will never be changed to anything other than an afternoon game, that is just the way it is going to be considering all of the other activities associated with it.

That leaves only one game that could be moved to later in the day, this year anyway, and that is the Oct 11 game at 3PM against W Ill and it is my understanding that time was dictated by the network televising the game. But as a technicality, are there any places around here that hunt deer that early? I don't know, I'm asking.

So, not sure there are a lot of opportunities to move game times later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Ok, each year it seems we have a game or games where attendance is hurt by hunting. Question to the hunters.....how do the dates of this year's game match up with key hunting dates?
    I find that to be really lame. You can hunt anytime but the game is only played once. Take some vacation time and hunt during the week!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Four of the six games are at night, including the two that are actually being played during "deer hunting season".

Homecoming is homecoming (Oct 4), it is what it is, and that game time will never be changed to anything other than an afternoon game, that is just the way it is going to be considering all of the other activities associated with it.

That leaves only one game that could be moved to later in the day, this year anyway, and that is the Oct 11 game at 3PM against W Ill and it is my understanding that time was dictated by the network televising the game. But as a technicality, are there any places around here that hunt deer that early? I don't know, I'm asking.

So, not sure there are a lot of opportunities to move game times later in the day.
    Bow season is probably going on at that time. But I dont think that it would have an impact like the firearm opener. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I find that to be really lame. You can hunt anytime but the game is only played once. Take some vacation time and hunt during the week!
    NO you cant hunt just anytime. For certain seasons there are small windows of opportunity. For many the opening weekend is the only chance they get as vaction time is alloted to family etc. Plus Deer firearm in MN only lasts from Nov 8th and ends on the 16th. So ANYtime doesnt work for most. The FB season lasts from the end of Aug to the end of Nov.

I find it lame that you get upset that people have other interests in there life. PL

ps its just a game
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."