Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Football vs. hunting

Default Re: Football vs. hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If you just want to shoot ANY deer I can see what you are saying. BUT if you want to shoot THE DEER that is different. We also practice deer management on our lease so every deer isnt a shooter.
    Plus I have other families involved that we dont get to see but once or twice a year. Last year one of the games fell on the opener. I felt it would have been rude of me to take off to see a football game when these people came up to northern MN to hunt with me. They didnt have a problem with it but I did. Plus I has already been to 4 Bison games that year and 2 Iowa games.
    What I find funny is you have people who want the hunters to give up there hunting for a football game but you dont see the hunters complaining that people should be hunting instead of going to a football game.

I guess I just dont understand why some have to make a big deal about hunters missing a football game. Makes no sense to me.
    PL
    You got legit reasons with family. It's the people who just go off by themselves and hunt over the Bison games on a regular basis that I'm talking about. What really bothers me is the fact they don't give their ticket away and we have empty seats. Last year after we beat the Gophers I felt like it wasn't cool to have them come back to a 3/4 full dome to celebrate. That's just my take.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If you just want to shoot ANY deer I can see what you are saying. BUT if you want to shoot THE DEER that is different. We also practice deer management on our lease so every deer isnt a shooter.
    Plus I have other families involved that we dont get to see but once or twice a year. Last year one of the games fell on the opener. I felt it would have been rude of me to take off to see a football game when these people came up to northern MN to hunt with me. They didnt have a problem with it but I did. Plus I has already been to 4 Bison games that year and 2 Iowa games.
    What I find funny is you have people who want the hunters to give up there hunting for a football game but you dont see the hunters complaining that people should be hunting instead of going to a football game.

I guess I just dont understand why some have to make a big deal about hunters missing a football game. Makes no sense to me.
    PL

Christ, some people can't take a little ribbing. Dude, I was messing with you. Please don't lump me in with "you people". I'm a hunter, too. Just maybe better, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Christ, some people can't take a little ribbing. Dude, I was messing with you. Please don't lump me in with "you people". I'm a hunter, too. Just maybe better, I guess...
    Sorry. Didnt mean to come off that way. I kind of lumped in an explanation from two different posts. LOL PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    ND dear opener is 11/07/08..........
    "dear opener" huh? I'd say that if you are still single, that's a good way to get married, and if you are married, that's a sure fire way to get divorced. LOL.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ghost of Old Threads Past.

I just ran across this oldie. Does this conversation even exist given how hard it is to get tickets just 10 years later?
    Insert something clever here...

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just ran across this oldie. Does this conversation even exist given how hard it is to get tickets just 10 years later?
    The change in how difficult it is to get tickets over the past decade coincides with how much more difficult it is to get onto land to hunt.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Ok, each year it seems we have a game or games where attendance is hurt by hunting. Question to the hunters.....how do the dates of this year's game match up with key hunting dates?
    Mn deer hunting opener is on the same weekend as YSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

In the last 5 years I've spent my weekends chasing deer, geese, ducks, and pheasants during the football season.

Personally for me, I'd rather be in the field as I can record the game and watch it later. Being a Die-hard hunter and Die-hard bison fan, this is the best of both worlds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't find it lame people have other interests. Honestly, I'm not a big hunter and I only go once every few years. Not trying to sound like a jerk but I don't understand why so many people can't squeeze in 3 hours of their time to go to a game and go hunting. Maybe it's because I'm not that big of a hunting fan. I put it in the same category as fishing... I love to do it but I won't schedule around it. I suppose a lot of you guys live far away so it's a pain in the ass to hit both.
    Read this old post and will respond. If you are hunting right next to the dome I would give up 3 hours for the game. Kind of difficult when people live off in the hinterlands of ND, SD , MN to do that. You just cant squeeze it in.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I found tickets and I'm coming all the way from Montana. Have an archery hunter coming in tonight but I'm farming him out to one of my guides. Hopefully they'll be done by the time I get back Sunday afternoon......GO BISON!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!