Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why our ancestors left Norway.....

Default Re: Why our ancestors left Norway.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't make our health system so crappy....
    No complaints from me. I've had to deal with our health care system.

BRING BACK SNORTY

I have fond the answer to my problem with the $13.00 beer........we went over to my wife's relatives and drank theirs!!!! So, my advice is to mooch off the relatives as much as possible when here......

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I have fond the answer to my problem with the $13.00 beer........we went over to my wife's relatives and drank theirs!!!! So, my advice is to mooch off the relatives as much as possible when here......
    Some truths are true no matter where you are

A little late in this case, but my advice for travellers to Norwegian family / friends is to (1) grab an incredibly 'highly priced' bottle of scotch at a duty free store on the way in. (2) Offer it up as a 'happy to see you' gift. (3) Drink their beer freely. (4) Everybody wins.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    A little late in this case, but my advice for travellers to Norwegian family / friends is to (1) grab an incredibly 'highly priced' bottle of scotch at a duty free store on the way in. (2) Offer it up as a 'happy to see you' gift. (3) Drink their beer freely. (4) Everybody wins.

In my case I brought 4 fantastic bottles of wine from Sonoma!

How was the Rignes?

Where is your family from over there. I had some relatives in Oslo, Gjøvik, Rørvik, and some in the Hallingdahl area. Visited there in 2001, great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    How was the Rignes?

Where is your family from over there. I had some relatives in Oslo, Gjøvik, Rørvik, and some in the Hallingdahl area. Visited there in 2001, great trip.
    My relatives we visited were in Eidfjord, which is at the eastern end of Hardanger Fjord. My wifes relatives were in Oslo. When in Eidfjord you drink a beer called Hansa, and in Oslo we drank Ringness. Good beer but to expensive. Next trip for me is back to Latin America. Good beer, cheap prices!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Yup, they come down here for our super-dee-dooper awesome #44 ranked health care system. Tucked safely on the list just behind Indonesia and Russia.

(I will end this political debate right here)
    While I'm sure someone rates it as #44, I seriously doubt that's true. If making sure everyone has health care is a priority, then I'm sure some rate higher than ours. While I feel the responsibilty to provide my families healthcare lies with me, you can pay for your own, thanks.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

My relatives we visited were in Eidfjord, which is at the eastern end of Hardanger Fjord. My wifes relatives were in Oslo. When in Eidfjord you drink a beer called Hansa, and in Oslo we drank Ringness. Good beer but to expensive. Next trip for me is back to Latin America. Good beer, cheap prices!!!!
    Yep, had some Hansa as well, plus a local brew while we were in Trondheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    While I'm sure someone rates it as #44, I seriously doubt that's true. If making sure everyone has health care is a priority, then I'm sure some rate higher than ours. While I feel the responsibilty to provide my families healthcare lies with me, you can pay for your own, thanks.
    Actually, I have been in healthcare administration for years and American healthcare ranks rather poorly in the industrialized world. A recent study by the ACP (American College of Physicians) ranks ours below most european systems.