Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Austin Peay=Cheap Season Tickets

Default Re: Austin Peay=Cheap Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Hey, now we're talking my game and I will assume you are asking about what AP football is really like. If not, tough.

In 2007 AP tied for 3rd in the Ohio Valley Conference with a 5-3 record, 7-4 overall. It was their first year in the conference. In conference play they were 4-0 on the road, pretty good. They averaged 25 pts/gm, allowed 24.8 pts/gam. They averaged 174 yds rushing/gm, gave up 152 yds/gam. They averaged 151 yd/gm passing but gave up 234 yds/gm. (Ouch) They had a 30% 3rd down conversion rate and about 6000 fans/gm attended their five home games.

AP beat Indiana State 32-17, not bad.

In 2006 they were 3-8, 2-9 in 2005 and 2004 in the Pioneer League (non-scholarship) I believe. If not a member, they played most of the teams in that league each year but the Pioneer League stats list only 2007 so it is tough to tell.

If the Bison wanted to get Mertens and the passing game in a rhytm, it looks like AP might be a good opportunity.
    Some more facts for you all:

We have a VERY good basketball & baseball program.

2007-2008- Won OVC Regular Season and Tournament, NCAA Lost to Texas in NCAA Tournament first round
    2006-2007- Won OVC Regular Season and Lost to EKU 63-62, NIT Bid
    2004-2005- Lost to EKU 52-46 in OVC Championship game
    2003-2004- Went 16-0 in OVC Regular season, Lost OVC Champioship game to Mu**ay State 66-60, Beat Belmont 65-59 in NIT Opening Round and lost to George Mason 66-60 in 2nd round of NIT
    2002-2003- Won @ Memphis 81-80, Won OVC Regular Season and Tournament, Lost to Louisville in NCAA Tournament First Round

Other notable players from Austin Peay-

Bubba Wells- drafted by Dallas Mavericks in 1997, now Assistant Coach for the Governors.

James "Fly" Williams-Probably one of the greatest Austin Peay basketball players who's number has yet to be retired (which is a sore subject for a lot of AP fans).

Baseball since 2003:

Regular Season Champs in 2003, 2004 and 2007
    OVC Champs in 2005 & 2007

Notable games & wins

2007- won a 2 game sweep against Miss. State

2007 NCAA Tournament-Lost to @#1 Vanderbilt 2-1 in 11 innings, Beat Memphis 18-7, Lost to #1 Vanderbilt 11-5
    ---------------------------

And there is quite a bit more but thats enough for now

You can check out more at http://www.apsugovernors.com/HomePag..._ID=16900&KEY=

$50 for season tickets is what UND is charging. You do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by apsufan82 View Post
    Some more facts for you all:

We have a VERY good basketball & baseball program.

2007-2008- Won OVC Regular Season and Tournament, NCAA Lost to Texas in NCAA Tournament first round
    2006-2007- Won OVC Regular Season and Lost to EKU 63-62, NIT Bid
    2004-2005- Lost to EKU 52-46 in OVC Championship game
    2003-2004- Went 16-0 in OVC Regular season, Lost OVC Champioship game to Mu**ay State 66-60, Beat Belmont 65-59 in NIT Opening Round and lost to George Mason 66-60 in 2nd round of NIT
    2002-2003- Won @ Memphis 81-80, Won OVC Regular Season and Tournament, Lost to Louisville in NCAA Tournament First Round

Other notable players from Austin Peay-

Bubba Wells- drafted by Dallas Mavericks in 1997, now Assistant Coach for the Governors.

James "Fly" Williams-Probably one of the greatest Austin Peay basketball players who's number has yet to be retired (which is a sore subject for a lot of AP fans).

Baseball since 2003:

Regular Season Champs in 2003, 2004 and 2007
    OVC Champs in 2005 & 2007

Notable games & wins

2007- won a 2 game sweep against Miss. State

2007 NCAA Tournament-Lost to @#1 Vanderbilt 2-1 in 11 innings, Beat Memphis 18-7, Lost to #1 Vanderbilt 11-5
    ---------------------------

And there is quite a bit more but thats enough for now

You can check out more at http://www.apsugovernors.com/HomePag..._ID=16900&KEY=
    Thanks for the info... I did some research and it looks like Jeff Gooch, a linebacker for the Bucs and Lions for 9 years went to Austin Peay. Being the Bucs used to be in the NFC North, I remember that guy. Solid player.

We're not trying to sound like snobs. I'm 99% sure we're going to win but I know it could be a competitive game... something I'm hoping for because nobody loves a blowout. I think if you guys stay close early it could be a good game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    We're not trying to sound like snobs. I'm 99% sure we're going to win
    Well I would hope you think that. NDSU is your team and I say the same thing about the Govs.

Quote Originally Posted by apsufan82 View Post
    Well I would hope you think that. NDSU is your team and I say the same thing about the Govs.
    apsufan82: As I posted before on another thread...I don't think a 2nd yr scholly school can come into the dome and beat the Bison. I think the Bison have too much depth and talent for the Govs....but "on any given saturday"

Hope it is a good game, 1st games are usually filled with mistakes, but if it is 3 td's I would be surprised

Good luck to the Govs

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    apsufan82: As I posted before on another thread...I don't think a 2nd yr scholly school can come into the dome and beat the Bison. I think the Bison have too much depth and talent for the Govs....but "on any given saturday"

Hope it is a good game, 1st games are usually filled with mistakes, but if it is 3 td's I would be surprised

Good luck to the Govs
    You might be right but as you said "on any given saturday"

Or in our case "on any given Thursday"

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Our season tix prices (without TM donation):

Sideline - $120
    Endzone - $90

Purely from a businessman's point of view (and not a fan's point of view) and considering the state of Bison football, do you think that's too cheap or too expensive??

I saw a thread on the d2mess.com and most D2 schools charge no more than half our prices, yet I know there are quite a few fellow FCS schools who charge a LOT more for their tix than we do.
    With the talk of season ticket prices, there were plenty available less than 10 years ago. Prices have doubled since 2008. Good investment for those Bison fans that bought prior to the championship run. What was there, 12,000 fans for the first playoff game against Robert Morris. I saw a lot of empty seats that day. Sure it was on Thanksgiving weekend, but IMO, a TG weekend game would sellout today.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scary! I read the gobison.com recap of that Austin Peay game, and Nick Mertens' name is highlighted in the first sentence. My, how far the Bison have come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    If this is any indication on whether Austin Peay will be good or terrible....

Season Tickets
    Adults-50
    Youth-30

(prices are for ALL seats)

http://www.letsgopeay.com/
    Lets go pea over there.....