Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays draft mention

Default Re: Joe Mays draft mention

Here is David Coulson of the FCS draft outlook from the Sports Network:

Below is a list of the top 25 FCS players, heading into the draft:

Player School Position Projected Round

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State, CB, 1 2. Joe Flacco, Delaware, QB, 2 3. Dexter Jackson, Appalachian State, WR, 2-3 4. Josh Johnson, San Diego, QB, 3-4 5. Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky, CB, 3-4 6. Kendall Langford, Hampton, DE, 3-4 7. Jerome Simpson, Coastal Carolina, WR, 3-4 8. Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb, 4 9. Arman Shields, Richmond, 4-5 10. Kerry Brown, Appalachian State, OG, 5-6 11. Jerome Felton, Furman, FB, 5-6 12. Chad Rinehart, Northern Iowa, OG, 5-6 13. Corey Lynch, Appalachian State, FS, 5-6 14. Thaddeus Coleman, Mississippi Valley State, OG, 5-6 15. Bryan Smith, McNeese State, OLB, 5-7 16. Brandon Keith, Northern Iowa, OT, 5-7 17. Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State, P, 6-7 18. Demetrius Bell, Northwestern State, OT, 6-7 19. Chad Simpson, Morgan State, RB, 7 20. Jason Foster, Georgia Southern, WR-KR, 7 21. Tim Hightower, Richmond, RB, 7 22. Rudolph Hardie, Howard, DE, 7 23. Joe Mays, North Dakota State, ILB, 7 24. Brennen Carvalho, Portland State, C-OG, 7 25. Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman, FS, 7

17. Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State, 6-6, 212, Punter

Dragosavich caught the attention of the NFL when he averaged 46.5 yards per punt as a sophomore in 2005. He followed that up with a 46.2 average in 2006 and 45.4 as a senior. Though there were few doubts about his leg strength, Dragosavich turned heads at the Senior Bowl with three punts for a 58-yard average, including kicks of 68 and a game-record 69 yards. Extremely athletic for a kicker, Dragosavich also played baseball in high school. Runs in the 4.9 range and is a competent tackler. The two-time All-American also has shown ability as a passer, completing a key 47-yard pass in a tight win over Sam Houston State in 2007. Dragosavich placed 11 of 27 punts inside the 20-yard line as a senior, but scouts think he still needs more work on placement. There are also some minor concerns about the length of his stride and the quickness of his delivery, but those are fine-tuning things that should be worked out in the NFL. Dragosavich is ranked as the No. 2 punter in the draft by most sources and should get a call in the sixth or seventh round.

23. Joe Mays, North Dakota State, 5-11, 245, Inside Linebacker Mays was a big force for NDSU as it made the transition from Division II to FCS, but he was somewhat overlooked until turning in a solid pro day performance. His stock rose after Mays ran a 4.6 40-yard dash, alleviating concerns about his speed. Opposing teams made obvious efforts to build game plans away from him during his senior year, hurting his tackle numbers (90 in 10 games). Showed his versatility with 240 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 25.5 tackles for loss, 11 quarterback hurries, three interceptions, four forced fumbles and 10 passes defended during his final three years. Placed eighth in the Buchanan Award balloting and made back-to-back All-America teams. Had a solid week at the Texas vs. The Nation all-star game. Size is a bit of a concern as an inside linebacker, and Mays really doesn't have the speed to switch to the perimeter. But he could find a niche in the right system, particularly one that utilizes the 3-4, where his blitz ability could be harnessed. Some team could take a chance on him in the last round, or he could fight for a position as a priority free agent.

The rest of Coulson's player by player analysis can be found here:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...nd_the_fcs.htm

Nice find OB. Anyone notice that every report on Joe, whether it is print or video can't find anything wrong to say about him, other than the fact that he is short? He's going to be just fine! I know it AND I can't wait to see it all happen for him.

talked to joe.. dude is just jacked..

out of top 25. only 1 from the gateway conference. (NDSU wasnt in it last year, so im not including drago.joe)

whats up with that?? seriously.

So I run into "Lakes" at the Hub last weekend with his buddy....who is actually a really nice guy and honest. Anyway, Lakes says....Hey, you know that girl (insert name)....yeah, we were just with her. My group is like....who cares.

His buddy says....Lakes, we weren't with her, we were in the same bar as her....that is all. It was absolutely priceless. To trust lakes would be pretty difficult. The guy means well, but he would say anything on here to make people think he has some rube cred.

Sorry Lakes. Thanks for the beer!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    talked to joe.. dude is just jacked..

out of top 25. only 1 from the gateway conference. (NDSU wasnt in it last year, so im not including drago.joe)

whats up with that?? seriously.
    You seem to be saying that there was only one Gateway player in Coulson's top 25 FCS draft picks. Is that correct? If that is what you are saying you are wrong and you must not have read the column. There are two lineman from UNI on that list, the LT and RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The guy means well, but he would say anything on here to make people think he has some rube cred.

Here's a good truth-checker. Let Lakes prove his rube cred by answering one question about Joe. Then sit back and wait for the answer. If Lakes is right, he will have proven his worth. If Lakes is wrong, then everyone can gladly go back to working him over. In the meantime, I'm sure that most will just assume that he's wrong and continue beating the poor guy down.

Here's my question for Lakes: With which finger of which hand does Joe Mays pick his nose?

*i'm talking habitually here, not "that one time back in freshman english"
    **absolute proof is needed, lakes. i'm pulling for you. don't screw this one up. reps if you're right. good luck.
    Last edited by UTH; 04-17-2008 at 04:32 AM.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

thanks for the info old bison!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

BURGANDY!!! WhAT THE !!

1st of all. it was the "FARGO MAXIM GIRL" and yes I gave you her real name.

#2. she was at sports bar and yes she talked to me. and at the hub after you walked away.. but alas.. I did construe that as hanging ....

#3.. dude that nite at the hub was crazy!! I didnt do anything to get myself in trouble at up in the soki bar.

#4... im takin that beer back that we gave you!

#5 ill ask joe which finger.. but that's not very nice to ask him

While everyone is having a pissing match to figure out who knows who and who picks what with what, I thought I'd mention that Joe called last night from Cincinati and said he had a great day meeting the coaching staff and working out for the Bengals. One more team to add to the list of potential suitors. I said "wow, they bought you a ticket and flew you out there. Thats more behavior of a team that is looking to draft someone in the late rounds, than a team that might be interested in letting someone come in as a free agent." Either way, things are shaping up very well for Joe and I couldn't be any happier for him and proud of him.

yes sir B1son.. cinci yesterday, new york today..

JOE is a jetsetter for shizzle!!!!

burgandy= out of the loop