Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays draft mention

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Joe Mays draft mention

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Joe Mays, OLB, North Dakota State: The All-American linebacker is a fiery one-gap defender effective in run defense and pass coverage. Mays, a consistent three year starter, is being pursued by the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles.

Default Re: Joe Mays draft mention

Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post

Joe Mays, OLB, North Dakota State: The All-American linebacker is a fiery one-gap defender effective in run defense and pass coverage. Mays, a consistent three year starter, is being pursued by the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles.
    The Colts would be a great fit for Joe. They've never shy'd away from a guy due to size.

Oh man. If he ended up in Philly I'd be a happy man. They need some size in the middle of the linebacking corp. He'd probably need some time to pick up on Jim Johnson's complicated defense, but you don't have to teach Joe how to hit.

No doubt man...I would love to see him playing on Sundays.

Joe reminds me of HB Blades, played middle linebacker for Pitt and got drafted in the 6th round by the Redskins last year. He got in some playing time for London Fletcher from time to time, but HB is an inch shorter and about 6 lbs heavier. But their style of hard hitting, sideline to sideline is very similar.
    Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Joe would be very happy on either team.

He'd be even happier on the Bears.

But he'd be even happier if he was on the Bears with Drago!

I just hope he ends up somewhere where he has the best shot at making the team. Joe is a great guy and he deserves great things. I am nerviously awaiting the draft for both Joe and Drago.

I read somewhere, don't remember in what rag, that it is likely both Drago and Mays will be undrafted free agents. Many teams don't waste a draft pick on a punter, much less one from a lower division. That may actually be better for them given what happened to Craig Dahl. He was able to pick and choose where he had the best opportunity to make the team. That won't happen if either are drafted.

And really, what is the difference between being drafted in the 7th round versus being a FA?

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    I read somewhere, don't remember in what rag, that it is likely both Drago and Mays will be undrafted free agents. Many teams don't waste a draft pick on a punter, much less one from a lower division. That may actually be better for them given what happened to Craig Dahl. He was able to pick and choose where he had the best opportunity to make the team. That won't happen if either are drafted.

And really, what is the difference between being drafted in the 7th round versus being a FA?
    I agree. What's the difference? The difference is that your agent gets to hook you up with the team you have the best shot making. If your drafted in the 7th round, your stuck with that team. However, Joe wants to be drafted. He feels the greatest feeling would be hearing his name called, no matter what round it is.

Eagles fan right here... Would love to see him in a Philly uniform

Good comparison for Joe Mays, Zach Thomas. Both were tackling machines in college, both loved to make the big hit, both were said to be undersized for their position, and both will be known as guys who have proven critics wrong.