Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertens

Default Mertens

Kolpack has a nice column on Mertens today. Kid sounds like a natural Leader, Walker was great, but I can't wait to see a 6'1", 215lb, mobile QB in the backfield!

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...full&id=195647
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mertens

Can't wait to see him finally get his chance, i dont think many people have much confidence in him, but look at all my other posts from day 1 when we started talkin about him, this kid is gonna be a stud

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    Can't wait to see him finally get his chance, i dont think many people have much confidence in him, but look at all my other posts from day 1 when we started talkin about him, this kid is gonna be a stud
    I think most fans have confidence in Mertens. It's the lack of depth and the fact the coaching staff didn't recruit a QB for two years that scares some of us. I have sensed very little apprehension regarding Mertens as the QB. He'll be a dandy.

He'll be the best QB at handing the ball off in all of Division 1 AA!!

Too bad he is kind of short. Only knock I can make against him. But, Walker wasn't that tall either, and he did great!

Can't wait to win our first national title in D1.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Too bad he is kind of short. Only knock I can make against him. But, Walker wasn't that tall either, and he did great!

Can't wait to win our first national title in D1.
    Are you being sarscastic?

Mertens is 6'1" and gargantuan compared to Brecke and the new scholie QB from CA (Mohler), both of those guys about 5'11", and maybe not that tall.

So, if you think he is kind of short, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Why do you think they recruited all of the OL this past season who are 6'2" instead of the 6'4" to 6'6" they had been recruiting?

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

dont judge kids on their size, it really means nothing....otherwise your saying shamen shouldnt be playing football...he's barely bigger than most junior high kids, but is the most electrifying player on the field

Interesting, as far as the Bis. Tribune article today we are still up in the air of who is the starting QB, even quoted Perles.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

There was a Bison article in teh Bismarck Tribune? Glory Hallelujah! It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Of course, it was probably buried on one of the back pages after the three-page pictoral spread of UND football players doing situps and talking up their fall schedule.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    There was a Bison article in teh Bismarck Tribune? Glory Hallelujah! It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Of course, it was probably buried on one of the back pages after the three-page pictoral spread of UND football players doing situps and talking up their fall schedule.
    Close................ It was wedged in after the three page article about the huge third place conference hooky win by the Whioux.