Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 recruits

Default 2008 recruits

Just a discussion here.... but Could these 3 No Dak kids place in Minnesota State Wrestling?

Im very familiar with Minnesota Wrestling being in the highway 10 corridor myself, Im friends with Paynesville and GreenBush coaches and with the Apple Valleys, and Simley's and teams in the cities, how would these 3 compete in Minnesota for titles??

help me out, people.

Default Re: 2008 recruits

Yes they could..... Bismarck wrestling has had kids wrestle D1 over the years. And also many have wrestled for Bucky also. The Steiner twins wrestled for Iowa and Dan Gable back 15 years ago. Both were national champions for the Hawkeyes.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    Yes they could..... Bismarck wrestling has had kids wrestle D1 over the years. And also many have wrestled for Bucky also. The Steiner twins wrestled for Iowa and Dan Gable back 15 years ago. Both were national champions for the Hawkeyes.
    Glasser (Bismarck) wrestles for the Gophs and he was doing great until he hurt his knee.

BRING BACK SNORTY

yea, 1 or 2 here or there.

I was just hoping someone would talk about the last year class I guess.

but you 2 are right, those are good examples.

Tyler Johnson took 2nd at nationals in Virginia this year

A truer statement has not been muttered in much long time.

*too lazy to bother putting the long list together at this time. maybe tomorrow...
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

There was another young man from Bismarck that wrestled at Oregon State. I just can't remember his name. I believe he was a 177 pounder?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

There was another young man from Bismarck that wrestled at Oregon State. I just can't remember his name. I believe he was a 177 pounder?
    Chad Renner, early nineties? Believe he graduated from BHS in 1991.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Tyler Johnson won the prestigous MN Christmas Tournament with ease and was a National Runner Up at High School Nationals. Justin Solberg was a Junior National RunnerUp and took 3rd this year at high school nationals. They are both ranked in the country. I hope that answers your question as far as the two being competitive in Minnesota.

Come to think of it, Troy Sabot went out that way, too (Century, mid-late 90s or so). He was a lot lighter than 177 though, if I remember correctly.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB