Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo City Commission Race

Default Re: Fargo City Commission Race

I don't care who gets elected to the Commission as long as their name is not Mike Williams. I don't mind Coates, I've actually heard her speak a few times and came away with a much better opinion of her then I had prior. Gotta respect her passion for the arts and the fact she is not Mike Williams. I'll definitely be voting for Piepkorn and Coates.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    (strategy note) vote for Piepkorn only.
    Using this strategy, you may well allow Williams to get more votes than Coates. Vote for two.

533 In a row

Coates is hugely pro-NDSU. She's a big Bison fan. You don't have to worry about her doing things that will mess up NDSU. We need at least one person who supports arts and culture in the city commission. And PLEASE vote out Mike Williams. I'm sure all the bitter und grads in this city will be voting for him. They need anything they can to hold NDSU back.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Vote Dave Piepkorn Former Bison Member Of The 1983 National Championship Team.++++++++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Linda and Dave! OUT with Williams!

Coates may be pro-university, but it seems to me she's just another problem in this town as one of the people that thinks they are a moral majority and everyone under the age of 30 is evil.

Then again, from what I've seen...she's "pro-whatever" wherever she happens to be at the time.

Smile Re: Fargo City Commission Race

Vote David Piepkorn ++++++++++++

Got a card in the mail for a Campaign Kickoff for Dave Piepkorn on friday at the Fargo Dome. www.DavePiepkorn.com is his website.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Coates wants $63 million Art complex, are you KIDDING ME?

how bout $63 million expansion to the Fargodome, make it up to 30,000 and add the 7500 basketball arena attached with the money.

Arts... what the hell, anyone down in minneapolis has seen how the GUTHRIE destroyed Vikings/Twins Tailgating.
    Mike Williams flat out sucks and will not budge. He has no vision for the future and votes down everything. I will not vote for him. I won't try to sway him because he's set in his ways.

Linda Coates is a mystery but I think she is open minded and could be swayed by the people who elected her. She's open enough about growth that she's supporting the 63 million dollar arts center. I would never use it but at least she has a vision.

Here's the key.

We can't act like it's only for NDSU Baskeball because there is always an anti Bison crowd. The feeling among the average joe is it's a new stadium and a new tax for NDSU. That is not the case at all. It's not a tax period. It's the same cash we already approved and it's for upgrades.

Yes, NDSU will use it and pay for half of it and let them use the land for $1...but the expansion needs to be pushed as an entertainment facility that will change the face of entertainment in the area. And yes NDSU will also rent it.

We will see more concerts. We will see more trade shows, boat shows, home shows, and yes... ART SHOWS!

The dome is so overcrowed the football team cannot even practice. We're missing concert dates. When the dome is full, that means Fargo is losing out to shows in Grand Forks or they are not happening at all. The Alerus Center, Ralph, and Betty are very competitive and I'm sick of driving to Grand Forks. Let's keep the money here. (What happened to the days of the dome hosting the Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica... they all went to Grand Forks)

The key is to let the City Commission know you support it because the anti NDSU crowd will certainly come out in full force. They will be uneducated and spreading BS. Let's get out there.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The city commision will support it if it comes out of the Dome Authority (I think that is what it is called) meeting with the recomendation to go forward. The key is the size, it has to fill the niche that is not already present. If Rob Sobolik thinks he can make it work that will be a huge step in the right direction.