Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Volleyball

Default Spring Volleyball

The Bison travel down to Brookings to take part in a 6 team tourney on Saturday for anyone interested.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Spring Volleyball

Bison won all their exhibition matches last weekend in Fargo

Other teams included SDSU, South Dakota, and NDSU alumni

How do we look for next year?

BRING BACK SNORTY

onbison09 ~ Plano West - quite the volleyball team for the Wolfpack this past year - Cal will definitely benefit from Hawari next year!

The Bison should do well next year, with a year of experience under the belt of 6 freshman returning - they're a little thin in the middle - but two middles coming in for '08 - Knuth is playing on M1 (one of the top 2 club teams in the Twin Cities), and starting in the middle, I heard she did very well at one of the major Junior qualifiers last month, so she will probably start in the middle, but there is still a question mark for the other spot.

Replacing Stuewe ('07 POY in Summit, which is a tremendous accomplishment to her and the coaching staff, considering where she was at when she came in to the program - kudos) will be especially huge, as well as Fagnan - all time leader in Digs, Digs per game, etc - all world rewrote the record books, they will both be missed.

That being said - you could expect Vandenberg a lock for OH, Hille as well, possibly at libero - or Perez - I could see Kelly Lopez on the right subbing for Johnson, with Jennifer hitting and setting in a 6-2, with Knuth in the middle, and the other middle being ??? That would be the combination to see - Lopez to Lopez for the next two years...okay, that's my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by pancake83 View Post
    onbison09 ~ Plano West - quite the volleyball team for the Wolfpack this past year - Cal will definitely benefit from Hawari next year!

The Bison should do well next year, with a year of experience under the belt of 6 freshman returning - they're a little thin in the middle - but two middles coming in for '08 - Knuth is playing on M1 (one of the top 2 club teams in the Twin Cities), and starting in the middle, I heard she did very well at one of the major Junior qualifiers last month, so she will probably start in the middle, but there is still a question mark for the other spot.

Replacing Stuewe ('07 POY in Summit, which is a tremendous accomplishment to her and the coaching staff, considering where she was at when she came in to the program - kudos) will be especially huge, as well as Fagnan - all time leader in Digs, Digs per game, etc - all world rewrote the record books, they will both be missed.

That being said - you could expect Vandenberg a lock for OH, Hille as well, possibly at libero - or Perez - I could see Kelly Lopez on the right subbing for Johnson, with Jennifer hitting and setting in a 6-2, with Knuth in the middle, and the other middle being ??? That would be the combination to see - Lopez to Lopez for the next two years...okay, that's my $.02
    Impressed!! We made state and one a set from a team that went undefeated. Thanks for the info!

BRING BACK SNORTY

Just finished up here in Brookings. Bison went 1-2 today. USD dominated the Bison, and the SDSU Alumni team won 2-1, the Bison beat the Jacks 2-0.

Lopez was walking around in a boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Just finished up here in Brookings. Bison went 1-2 today. USD dominated the Bison, and the SDSU Alumni team won 2-1, the Bison beat the Jacks 2-0.

Lopez was walking around in a boot.
    Lopez hurt her foot a couple months ago. NDSU desperately need some MH's. With the incoming recruits it should be a very young and inexperienced NDSU team this year, but Coach Hinterstocker will have them playing well together in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Lopez hurt her foot a couple months ago. NDSU desperately need some MH's. With the incoming recruits it should be a very young and inexperienced NDSU team this year, but Coach Hinterstocker will have them playing well together in no time.
    Judging by what I saw today and talking to Coach Hinterstocker, I think NDSU will be one of the top four teams by the end of the year. We might be facing a major rebuilding year in my opinion after watching some of the action today.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Judging by what I saw today and talking to Coach Hinterstocker, I think NDSU will be one of the top four teams by the end of the year. We might be facing a major rebuilding year in my opinion after watching some of the action today.
    I've watched him teach a few times in practice and have attended his coaching clinics.

Dudes volleyball knowledge is completely off the charts, even as an exaggeration. Or more specifically, the tools he uses to teach his athletes.

It's funny to listen to him talk about teaching tools and drill specifics to high school coaches because it goes completely over most of our heads most of the time.

I really don't see him being at NDSU for a length of time, but who knows.

How much of there spring schedule is left?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB