Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

Default Re: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Does UND not run their own bookstore anymore? I guess I am in the dark...a trend on campuses is to sell out the bookstore to a cororation?
    The bookstore on the campus I went to in Missouri several years ago was a Barnes & Noble as well. I'd say of the campuses I've visited it's a pretty even split between corporate and home-grown (a la Varsity Mart).
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Off-topic but B&N closed its UND store in 2008.

http://www.dakotastudent.com/2.5857/...doors-1.865828

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    R we speeking in Forum tak know?
    Nope.....I need to replace my keyboard....LOL!

U guys really aren't bison fans, you should want ndsu prominently displayed , but whatever you make excuses for them, and most of you never been to the mall. A lot of visitors go thru and if they see that as the only university, than we lose.

This owner is an idiot, its like a sports store in Lincoln putting 5 racks of Oklahoma stuff. They'd be run out of town, not here you get patted on the head by PL and other small minded people, gee great.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the owner is obviously a und fan, what makes you think he would want to put anything ndsu up front in his store? most of the visitors that come to fargo to shop also go to scheels, the place with the large supply of ndsu apparel thats conveniently located at the front of the store.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Still wonder how much of this comes down to marketing? Does NDSU go out to local small businesses and encourage them to carry NDSU gear? Or do they wait for the businesses to come to them? Unless NDSU is hands off and its strictly up to the distributor to distribute. It would be interesting to compare NDSU and UND's approaches.

Similar to when I was complaining about not being able to find NDSU gear in DL. I found it curious that Lakeshirts makes shirts for NDSU, but does not sell them. Makes you wonder if NDSU licenses leaves enough room for margin?

Edit: looking back through the thread, it sounds like this isn't the case for SportCity, if he has NDSU gear and its just stashed in back.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    U guys really aren't bison fans, you should want ndsu prominently displayed , but whatever you make excuses for them, and most of you never been to the mall. A lot of visitors go thru and if they see that as the only university, than we lose.

This owner is an idiot, its like a sports store in Lincoln putting 5 racks of Oklahoma stuff. They'd be run out of town, not here you get patted on the head by PL and other small minded people, gee great.
    Lakes I am a Bison fan and I want NDSU prominently displayed....but once again you ignore my point and call me small minded?

The guy has been in business for 25 years? What an idiot...he is trying to make a living in what I imagine is a very tough niche. I am sure he cares a little bit more about making money then worrying about "A lot of visitors go thru and if they see that as the only university, than we lose"

Talk about small minded....geesh. Go and chew him out again...

I will chew him out. so he makes $10,000 after expenses, whoopiteedoo..

he looks like he lives in mommy's basement, so $10K probably is a lot to him.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Still wonder how much of this comes down to marketing? Does NDSU go out to local small businesses and encourage them to carry NDSU gear? Or do they wait for the businesses to come to them? Unless NDSU is hands off and its strictly up to the distributor to distribute. It would be interesting to compare NDSU and UND's approaches.

Similar to when I was complaining about not being able to find NDSU gear in DL. I found it curious that Lakeshirts makes shirts for NDSU, but does not sell them. Makes you wonder if NDSU licenses leaves enough room for margin?

Edit: looking back through the thread, it sounds like this isn't the case for SportCity, if he has NDSU gear and its just stashed in back.
    Lakeshirts has only made licensed clothing for a few years. However due to the licensing they own, they have to make product under the name "StepAhead". Scheels has been working with them now for a couple years and NDSU was one of the first schools that product was made in. We now sell it in most of our 20+ stores for many schools.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post

Lakes as usual you just dont get it. For one my opinion has nothing to do with how big of a Bison Fan Iam. It does have everything to do with realizing that the guy owns and runs his own business. If he chooses not to show case NDSU gear it certainly doesnt bother me. I really dont care whether he even sells NDSU gear or not. If he chooses not to cater to that clientele its his business. Granted it surprises me but I dont care. There are other places to take your business too.

To act like an asshat just because he doesnt have NDSU gear at the front of the store is more telling of you than of the owner.

And to think you said you had me on ignore.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."