Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

Default Re: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This, but there should almost be NDSU gear up front. You see the NDSU gear, stop look at the first display upfront, then you spot the one in the back. It gets you in the door and gets you to walk through the door...that would be a better strategy. Either way, when I want NDSU gear, I just go to scheels...and pretty much any sports related items. Too much of an institution in this town and they are great to the community.
    I agree THEY SHOULD HAVE some NDSU gear upfront to draw in customers. But thats their business decision. Why some here take it personal is way over the top IMO.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

This thread reminds me of the video of the 'Bama parents threatening to take their kid into the Auburn store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v924jYvOGCk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    woah..west acres has a lids now?

i dont even remember the last time ive been in that mall.
    lol. yeah i've been living in fargo for almost 4 years now and i've only been to west acres twice lol

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was in JC Penny's and couldn't find any Bison socks, so I yelled at the lady at the fragrance counter for awhile, then went and got an Orange Julius. I feel much better now.

"Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Easy solution: shop at Scheels

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    I was in JC Penny's and couldn't find any Bison socks, so I yelled at the lady at the fragrance counter for awhile, then went and got an Orange Julius. I feel much better now.

Speaking of Orange Julius, I yelled at them for over twenty minutes for not carrying Thundar Juice as a drink option. I was really mad at them for not supporting the Herd. Finally somebody came out of the back with a specially made Thundar Juice. It tasted kinda salty, but not too bad.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    1 of my girlfriends is managing at forever 21 in mall. I just left there, sports city in front of store STILL has 5 stands of und shirts in front. ZERO ndsu stuff !!!!

I walk in say, where's the ndsu stuff? He's like.
    oh, right back there.
    me: why back there?
    him: if u were a bus owner, you'd know why
    me: laughing in his face, oh our boycott of you worked huh.

him:Ahhhhhh
    me: your an idiot, this is Fargo, change your shit or go down.

keep up the boycott, just morons!!
    Lakes - while I agree that it would be "nice" to have NDSU gear displayed and I myself would think it would make sense from a business standpoint.

However, how many little shops in the mall can you say that have been around since ~1986....thats almost 25 years as a sole proprieter with a little niche that could easily turn into a fad (it started as SportsDome in a small corner of the mall).

The guy obviously knows what he is doing. He has survived Scheels expanding, Nascar store opening up next door, Lids, etc....as being the little guy.

So before you go bashing him and his business practices, I think he has seen and survived a little more than your little boycott and rants.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Guys, you should all shop at the new NDSU Bookstore (fka Varsity Mart). The renovations to it have just been completed, and the place looks AMAZING!!! It now looks just as nice as UND's Barnes & Noble bookstore, and Varsity Mart doesn't even have a corporate sugar daddy.
    Does UND not run their own bookstore anymore? I guess I am in the dark...a trend on campuses is to sell out the bookstore to a cororation?

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post

Bwahahahahaha!

It's been 1 day since Lakesbison has asked for a email-writing campaign or boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Does UND not run their own bookstore anymore? I guess I am in the dark...a trend on campuses is to sell out the bookstore to a cororation?
    R we speeking in Forum tak know?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]