Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

Default Re: Boycott Sports City @ West Acres!!!

well. i got them to put NDSU stuff in his store and kept him alive for 10 years.. but he gone now

STORE CLOSING SALE!
    After 26 years of business, Sports City in the West Acres Mall will be closing. Ron, the owner will be retiring. We appreciate all of our customers over the years and loved being part of the Fargo community. We will have a store closing sale through July 31. Our online sales at www.sportscityhats.com will continue to operate after the store closes.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Why should we boycott?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Look man if people need to be NDSU boycotting a store at West Acres, it’s Lids. They literally have the same amount of NDSU and UND hats (for a grand total of one each). If you had to guess the location of the store based on their hat selection you would have no geographic idea.

I'm getting concerned about the mall. Not because of the mall itself. West Acres is still busy and has great traffic.

I'm worried about the number of national retail chains that are going to go out of business who happen to be in West Acres. I'm also worried about commercial real estate in general once the fallout happens from closures outside of the mall. Lots of vacancies from K mart to Pier 1 to Toys R Us. It's going to get worse.

I think they had better change things up and re-invent themselves.. maybe go for a bit more of a local flavor but I guarantee most local shops can't afford mall rent. They might in a few years.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Make it a giant indoor go-kart track and water park with a few stores on one end.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm getting concerned about the mall. Not because of the mall itself. West Acres is still busy and has great traffic.

I'm worried about the number of national retail chains that are going to go out of business who happen to be in West Acres. I'm also worried about commercial real estate in general once the fallout happens from closures outside of the mall. Lots of vacancies from K mart to Pier 1 to Toys R Us. It's going to get worse.

I think they had better change things up and re-invent themselves.. maybe go for a bit more of a local flavor but I guarantee most local shops can't afford mall rent. They might in a few years.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Make it a giant indoor go-kart track and water park with a few stores on one end.
    As crazy as it sounds, that could probably do some good business. Drivers was a cool place (indoor electric gokarts) but I dont think the population was ready to support it in the late 90s. We got almost 100k more people now. A really good indoor water park is needed, especially in the winter months. Throw in some other entertainment, a stage, games, pool tables and bar for adults and that would be cool. Dave & Busters apparently wont come here since they want a population of 400k

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

To Sports City’s credit, after the Bison started winning a few titles, they did start stocking Bison gear, and had it in the front of the during football season. Weird, they realized making money is a primary goal of business. Still always went to the bookstore or Scheels for Bison gear.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Columbia Mall has to be on it's last legs. I went there today for the first time in the covid era. At 10:15 there were only 2 stores open on the Scheels side of the mall, Scheels and the vacuum store. Do the other stores open later? Always felt like 1 in 3 spots were empty in that mall prior to covid. I'm not expecting it to be West Acres, but Bismarck and Minot have far nicer malls.

They've been struggling since the mid-90's.

Ever since Royal Fork closed.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Since moving back to Fargo 5 years ago, I think I've been inside the mall 3 times and one was to pick up a web order at Penney's. The other two were shopping for Christmas presents with my sister who does all of her shopping after flying into Fargo.
    It's OK to not be OK.