Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bismarck - Laramie Road Trip

Default Bismarck - Laramie Road Trip

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Stay in touch on the road trip. I've got 6 or 7 interested in going down, perhaps we can get a nice caravan of green and gold out of Bismarck/Mandan.
    Road Trip!!!

Haven't had much luck on my side yet, but it's only been a couple days. I'm hoping that we can get the numbers rolling in by mid-summer. Let's not forget that another bonus is Bismarck's central location in North Dakota. It should make a good rally point for road-trippers from Minot, Devils Lake, and Fargo to join in. I'd say that Everyone's invited.

We can call it the Cowboy Kicker Express, the Wyoming Bison Stampede, whatever... What's important is the places and the faces...

Thoughts on the idea? Let's discuss...

We can take the road less travelled

*not like this sort of trip would be stoopid crazy... ... or is it?
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Default Re: Bismarck - Laramie Road Trip

haha that's great! I like the last line on your back in time classified. Also, how would you like to be in the semi on the outside of the two passing!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by extremerouge View Post
    haha that's great! I like the last line on your back in time classified. Also, how would you like to be in the semi on the outside of the two passing!
    La carretera mas peligrosa del mundo ===> The most dangerous road in the world*... reminded me a lot of Kosovo, so I right-clicked / saved as. [linky]

Back to the topic at hand... How 'bout a head count of people friendly with the concept from the outset?

*ground travellers to baghdad international airport and wartime residents of sniper alley, sarajevo, might call
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're hoping to make the drive from fargo going down on friday and coming back Saturday and sunday. Our route would be through bismarck.

Just out of curiosity, why would you route through western ND and SD instead of taking the interstate all the way (i.e. through Omaha)?

Maybe I'm just too much of a city kid but wouldn't the interstate be a lot less hassle?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would you route through western ND and SD instead of taking the interstate all the way (i.e. through Omaha)?

Maybe I'm just too much of a city kid but wouldn't the interstate be a lot less hassle?

did mapquest for the shortest route. I-29 jogs east and then on the east-west interstate it dips south and then comes back up. I-94 is fairly straight and the road down to spearfish is as well. Then is is a little jog over to a road in WY that is fairly straight down until Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post

Depending on how well you follow speed limits.....

Driving to the western part of ND and then south cuts about 150 miles off the trip from Fargo.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Depending on how well you follow speed limits.....

Driving to the western part of ND and then south cuts about 150 miles off the trip from Fargo.
    80 mph on I-94 and 70mph or so on other roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    did mapquest for the shortest route. I-29 jogs east and then on the east-west interstate it dips south and then comes back up. I-94 is fairly straight and the road down to spearfish is as well. Then is is a little jog over to a road in WY that is fairly straight down until Douglas.

You need to cut over at Spearfish on I-90 to Gillette, then head south to Douglas. That's the Highway of a Million Rabbit Deaths. It also seems like you're driving in some really bad, grade-B horror movie. Two towns in about 100 miles (one of which is only a train town), and nary a farmstead or ranch to see from the highway.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Indeed you are correct. Microsoft MapPoint in its infinite wisdom estimates that I'll save time because of the difference in speed limit on the Interstates, even though its 150 miles longer.

via the Black Hills it is.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.