Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New QB under center....????

Default New QB under center....????

How much will Steve Walker's absence from under center be noticed this upcoming season?

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New QB under center....????

I honestly dont think it will be as bad as alot of people think, will we ever be able to replace a steve walker???? probly not, but with our Offensive line and Running game, i highly doubt our quarterback will be under much pressure, mertens is gonna raise some heads i have a feeling, the only part of our game i am worried about is our special teams

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    I honestly dont think it will be as bad as alot of people think, will we ever be able to replace a steve walker???? probly not, but with our Offensive line and Running game, i highly doubt our quarterback will be under much pressure, mertens is gonna raise some heads i have a feeling, the only part of our game i am worried about is our special teams
    I agree, don't think we will see major dropoff, but the D-line is my worry!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    Im sure there were the same worries when Bentrim and a few other storied QBs left. PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I have to agree with PL on this one, I'm sure people in bisonland were freaking when #1 graduated, then along came #10, etc....and we've had some pretty good QB's since Simdorn. I think we'll be just fine.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Nick will be just fine. He is a winner and will get the job done++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Might not have the miracle comebacks as often without Walker, but a Mertens led team, with all the vets coming back, could score a lot of points if the coaches let them.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

I think the Wyo game is going to be a tough one. My guess is they will throw everybody at the offensive line to stop the run. My guess is they will key in on the run with a rookie QB and make him beat them. Mark my words, that game will depend on Mertens arm. The run may open up, but only if Mertens burns them early.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I think the Wyo game is going to be a tough one. My guess is they will throw everybody at the offensive line to stop the run. My guess is they will key in on the run with a rookie QB and make him beat them. Mark my words, that game will depend on Mertens arm. The run may open up, but only if Mertens burns them early.
    This is true...It will only be his third game as a starter...I expect a lot of slants to Heck, drags to Wurzbacher and dumps to Roehl to start out the game....Kind of like Tyler's first TD run last year against the Gophers...I just hope our defense plays like they did have been known to do.

Not worried. Merterns could be average and we will be okay. Studs returning at almost every skill position, a solid o-line, and a defense that should be able to neutralize some mistakes. I can't wait for the season to begin.