Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIU completes 2008 football schedule....

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU completes 2008 football schedule....

Lennon won't play to lose this game but the third stringers will get quality minutes in the game. This is his little pay back to und to give them one real game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    yea.. and ONCE again.. it'll be tainted.

because you know once SIU is up 21... that Lennon will milk it, and not push it..... thats the problem with all this, i'll tell you that already
    you never know, he may hang 50 on them if he gets the chance too!! GO DALE!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I love Dale Lennon.........

A) He leaves them high and dry during recruiting when nobody thought he was leaving.
    B) He takes their best recruit to SIU even after the kid recommitted to Mussman.
    C) He says sure....We will play UND at SIU...but we won't return the favor and go back to Grand Forks. Classic.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you on a couple of your points. Firstly, "nobody thought he was leaving"? Many thought it was a strong possibility, including myself. It was no secret he was looking. He'd been offered one job and was finalist for another in the last three years. Secondly, Ian Rosario was and is widely considered UND's best recruit. Also, the kid of which you speak, never recommitted to Mussman. He verbally committed to Mussman the day after Lennon left. Thirdly, UND isn't in a position to be expecting a return game in Grand Forks. But Lennon said last night that will probably change in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you on a couple of your points. Firstly, "nobody thought he was leaving"? Many thought it was a strong possibility, including myself. It was no secret he was looking. He'd been offered one job and was finalist for another in the last three years. Secondly, Ian Rosario was and is widely considered UND's best recruit. Also, the kid of which you speak, never recommitted to Mussman. He verbally committed to Mussman the day after Lennon left. Thirdly, UND isn't in a position to be expecting a return game in Grand Forks. But Lennon said last night that will probably change in the near future.
    Lennon will do what's in his own best interest and after a year in the Gateway his scheduling ideas may change. If Mr. Rosario is your best recruit well - lets put it this way 6 -6 and 320 coming out of HS and all the big boys pass you over? What's wrong with him? This is the size most FSC teams will always take a chance on. PS: I doubt anyone thought he would leave at the time he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Lennon will do what's in his own best interest and after a year in the Gateway his scheduling ideas may change. If Mr. Rosario is your best recruit well - lets put it this way 6 -6 and 320 coming out of HS and all the big boys pass you over? What's wrong with him? This is the size most FSC teams will always take a chance on. PS: I doubt anyone thought he would leave at the time he did.
    Agree about the timing of his departure. Rosario is from Alaska. Chris Kuper, also from Alaska, steered him to UND quite a while ago. By the time the bigger schools showed interest, he had his mind made up on UND. And seeing Kuper's career path kept him committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Agree about the timing of his departure. Rosario is from Alaska. Chris Kuper, also from Alaska, steered him to UND quite a while ago. By the time the bigger schools showed interest, he had his mind made up on UND. And seeing Kuper's career path kept him committed.
    Well I guess we'll have to see how he turns out.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Flanders, you may have seen it coming, but most UND fans (they only put 5,000 fans in the seats for a playoff game, so we aren't talking a ton, it is a hockey school) really thought he was there for the transition. I know he was up for a couple of other jobs, but it wasn't like the public knew he was interviewing at SIU.

He left them high and dry. Ok...so he took their 2nd best recruit with him after he told Mussman he was staying at UND. Kid was a solid recruit.

No return trip to UND doesn't help them. they need home games. This is just a guaranteed loss for Mussman.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Flanders, you may have seen it coming, but most UND fans (they only put 5,000 fans in the seats for a playoff game, so we aren't talking a ton, it is a hockey school) really thought he was there for the transition. I know he was up for a couple of other jobs, but it wasn't like the public knew he was interviewing at SIU.

He left them high and dry. Ok...so he took their 2nd best recruit with him after he told Mussman he was staying at UND. Kid was a solid recruit.

No return trip to UND doesn't help them. they need home games. This is just a guaranteed loss for Mussman.
    Lennon looked at the recruiting class and said, "Hey, I'm too classy to take their #1 recruit, I just won't do that. Now, #2 (which the fighting poo are all about) is fair game."*

*Used a subtle play on words. Bonus points to those that can figure it out without a calculator

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Lennon looked at the recruiting class and said, "Hey, I'm too classy to take their #1 recruit, I just won't do that. Now, #2 (which the fighting poo are all about) is fair game."*

*Used a subtle play on words. Bonus points to those that can figure it out without a calculator
    I didn't need a TI-85 to figure that one out!
    Last edited by aces1180; 02-20-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    I didn't need a T-85 to figure that one out!
    HP 48SX FTW!!!!
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved