Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gateway to FBS, Would we go?

Default Re: Gateway to FBS, Would we go?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Hell, maybe they should add some equestrian sport just to keep an old An Sci grad like you happy. :>)
    IMO. Waste of money and resources that could be spent on teaching and research of "production" agriculture. The equine sciences program has brought a lot of new students to the department but has pulled resources(money) away from programs dealing with animals that we eat.

Equestrian would help with compliance issues so the sports that matter don't get shorted.
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This thread from Illinois St. about moving to FBS, they they seem to think UNI, ISU, MSU, SIU are the ones that will make the jump and NDSU, SDSU, INDY. ST, Drake, YSU, Valpo etc. will stay in a "Gateway type conference" by 2013. If the MVC jumped to FBS would you be in favor of SU in 2013. Remember this is just MESSAGE BOARD TALK TO PASS THE TIME TILL KICKOFF

http://www.redbirdfan.com/msgforum/v...php?f=4&t=8863

Seems to me like the FBS has a lot of conferences already, but that's just my opinion. NDSU joining the Mountain West has possibilities though.

That would be swell. NDSU in the Mountain West, while the Fighting Sioux (or other team name for U.N.D.) are in the Great West.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison101 View Post
    Seems to me like the FBS has a lot of conferences already, but that's just my opinion. NDSU joining the Mountain West has possibilities though.

That would be swell. NDSU in the Mountain West, while the Fighting Sioux (or other team name for U.N.D.) are in the Great West.
    You think 10 conferences is too many?? That's only 4 more than what college hockey has.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    You think 10 conferences is too many?? That's only 4 more than what college hockey has.
    Eleven, actually, but I agree that there's room for another(it is my pet dream after all).

In light of the topic about Team Maker dues, how much would they go up to support an FBS move?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While the Mountain West is a nice thought, I'd prefer and FBS Missouri Valley to the MW. There are a lot of reasons, the least of which is playing in the central time zone.

Missouri Valley compared to the MAC or WAC? No contest, FBS Missouri Valley by far!!! The MW would be my 2nd favorite choice, but NDSU will not have a MW, MAC or WAC choice. I do believe, however, that our Missouri Valley option will come true w/i the next 5 years.

MVC would be the far better choice if they moved the ENTIRE conference! MW, WAC travel is a huge issue with either of those.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

IMO if we can't get the funding and facilities to go Big Ten or Big 12 we should stay where we are at. I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond than a minnow in the ocean. And yes, I thought the jump to FCS was the right choice at the time because it fit our funding and facilities.
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by westriver bison View Post
    IMO if we can't get the funding and facilities to go Big Ten or Big 12 we should stay where we are at. I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond than a minnow in the ocean. And yes, I thought the jump to FCS was the right choice at the time because it fit our funding and facilities.
    Even with the funding I doubt this would happen FOR A LONG LONG LONG LONG time, if ever. I still think a FBS gateway/mvc would become a pretty solid conference, with maybe a few more schools jumping in!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Isn't there a morotorium(sp?) on moves until 2013? Gives us plenty of time to upgrade all facilities involved, and figure out a way to get way above the 15000 average attendance that I believe you need to be FBS.