Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Teammakers

Default Re: NDSU Teammakers

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Tony, That's a bit simplistic---It became more than a charity when they got into the seating business.

Anyway, I have been asking the freaking question for 6 years (how to get involved) All you ever get is contact Simmers----been there done that---- no information). Very frustrating!

I simply want to check it out and see if its worth my time and money----I think my experience and desire to assist brings something to the table, but a guy cant even get an email back. The pisser of TM being run like it is or seems to be, is that NDSU suffers. If I was treated a bit better (you know like given some information and invited to participate, I would probable stoke them the annual $5k+ check, but hey I guess that leaves more for the Shriners. Maybe I am looking at this all wrong---just seems like an odd way to treat those who either can and or offer to contribute.
    No, it's not simplistic. Team Makers exists for one purpose and one purpose only. If you don't think that its purpose is worthy of your effort, don't join.

All you have to do to get involved is write a check for $100. Outside of Team Makers, I bet that NDSU could use volunteers for track and wrestling meets too.

What other questions do you want answered? The point system was not instituted until just before the first championship playoff run (less than two years ago) so I know that you haven't been asking questions about that for six years. In particular, what questions did you ask Pat Simmers that you couldn't get answered?

Below is a link to all the benefits of being a Team Maker:
    http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204977344

Below is a link to the current year's meetings. They'll probably post the schedule for next year pretty soon.
    http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=620110

Note: I don't speak for Team Makers and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    IMO, the most important thing to know about Team Makers is that the sole reason for its existence is to fund scholarships at NDSU. Everything else is superfluous. This is what you should have known before joining.

Of course, that's just my opinion, here's a link to a FAQ about Team Makers: http://www.gobison.com/pdf8/814856.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=2400

The least important aspect of Team Makers, in my opinion, is doling out perks to members. It is a charity, after all.

A couple posts back Sambini gave an excellent rundown on how Team Makers is governed - one thing is certain: I'll never be involved in running TM because I have no patience with people who join a charity and then start acting like they bought something with their donation.

Anyway, with your Team Maker stuff, there should be a list of when the club meets (used to be on Tuesdays for lunch.) I've never been to a meeting but if you want to know more, that would be the place to start.
    Good info. So if my math is correct, up until last year we were close to filling all the scholarships but last year we exceeded it. Thats awesome. Maybe thats why TM kicked in for the new turf because they had a surplus? If true thats flipping awesome! That's exactly where we need to be at. Who knows someday they could help fund coaching raises like they did at UNI basketball or work on other projects

Agree on the charity part to an extent. I feel like when I join TM I bought success of NDSU athletics.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Teammaker donation to NDSU last year did not cover the entire costs of scholarships. They did raise more money than the athletic dept had budgeted for them to raise.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    IMO, lining up at the asscrack of dawn is definitely part of the tailgating experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I actually enjoy waiting in line. (As long as i get a spot) In a strange way its kind of fun as there are thousands of fans to talk with. #1 its about the game and #2 its about tailgating but the cupcake games it's probably about even. With tailgating, even if we lose I have a great time with friends . You're guaranteed to go. 500 every week
    The issue with waiting in line for me is two-fold: 1. I live in Bemidj, so after spending 2 1/2 hours in a car, I don't feel like spending more time sitting in a line; 2. I have two children under the age of four. Yes, someone can watch them, but waiting in line takes my time away from them.

Like I said, if I can't get reserved spots, so be it...Ill just table gate. My commitment to NDSU both as a fan and financially won't go down.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    The issue with waiting in line for me is two-fold: 1. I live in Bemidj, so after spending 2 1/2 hours in a car, I don't feel like spending more time sitting in a line; 2. I have two children under the age of four. Yes, someone can watch them, but waiting in line takes my time away from them.

Like I said, if I can't get reserved spots, so be it...Ill just table gate. My commitment to NDSU both as a fan and financially won't go down.
    I hear ya. Sounds like you need to get a hotel and stay overnight. I usually walk around but I don't have 2 young kids either. Just one and hes older and i live in town

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

This is actually a really good thread. Enjoying the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I hear ya. Sounds like you need to get a hotel and stay overnight. I usually walk around but I don't have 2 young kids either. Just one and hes older and i live in town
    I stay overnight...Doesn't mean I want to get up early and sit in my car for a couple hours. The kids love to tailgate...they wouldn't want to wait in line.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Tony, I generally respect what you have to say, but you don't know what you are talking about. I have been writing checks for 6 years I am a member! I have put forth my name several times. Not once have I received any information concerning how to vote on an issue, how to elect an officer, or any other information concerning the inner workings of the organization. I used to go to the lunches, TM governance is not discussed at these events. The dozen or so I attended, were nothing but Coaches talking about SU etc. (NOTE: I asked to be part of the fundraising for the new VB upgrades back in the day----not even an call back).

What I am asking and have been asking for 6 years is this: How is the organization run, who is a voting member on issues, how do you become a voting members on issues, where can I get the bylaws. The sites you put forth do not give info to this depth, its all about what you get for donating (Same shit that's been up forever). I am looking to do more; however, it seems as if the powers that be do not want any new blood in the game, they just want a check.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    No, it's not simplistic. Team Makers exists for one purpose and one purpose only. If you don't think that its purpose is worthy of your effort, don't join.

All you have to do to get involved is write a check for $100. Outside of Team Makers, I bet that NDSU could use volunteers for track and wrestling meets too.

What other questions do you want answered? The point system was not instituted until just before the first championship playoff run (less than two years ago) so I know that you haven't been asking questions about that for six years. In particular, what questions did you ask Pat Simmers that you couldn't get answered?

Below is a link to all the benefits of being a Team Maker:
    http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204977344

Below is a link to the current year's meetings. They'll probably post the schedule for next year pretty soon.
    http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...&ATCLID=620110

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I stay overnight...Doesn't mean I want to get up early and sit in my car for a couple hours. The kids love to tailgate...they wouldn't want to wait in line.
    Yeah 2 kids under 4... you'd be pressing your luck! Fun but challenging ages.

speaking of tailgating... mid 60s Saturday!