Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Teammakers

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Teammakers

I wish Teammakers would allocate priority pts. for being an alumni.

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    My employer's matching donation showed up today, nice!
    So this counts towards priority points as your donation? I guess I never thought about it... never have thought to ask my employer to match...

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    I wish Teammakers would allocate priority pts. for being an alumni.
    The sheepskin should be worth some points. Between undergraduate and graduate school, I am somewhere in the $50k range given to the school. Others are even higher.

I wonder what percentage of teammakers are not alumni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bit in Bison Illustrated about teammakers. 95% of donations go right to the source. Only 5% administrative fees. Paid 175k for practice turf, first time venturing into stuff like that

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The sheepskin should be worth some points. Between undergraduate and graduate school, I am somewhere in the $50k range given to the school. Others are even higher.

I figure that I already got good value for paying my tuition to NDSU. It's what enables us to earn enough to donate now.

Now, the money that students pay in activity fees to NDSU that goes directly to athletics? I could see counting that toward TM points, less the value of tickets that were made available, of course.

How much of that 50 actually went to athletics? As far as alumni is concerned how do you categorize alumni? Of course graduating gets you in. How about attending NDSU but didnt graduate?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How much of that 50 actually went to athletics? As far as alumni is concerned how do you categorize alumni? Of course graduating gets you in. How about attending NDSU but didnt graduate?
    First of all, I do think it is unfair to separate academics and athletics at this level. They feed off each other. Like you, I am sure, I am just as concerned about the state of the education as I am about the football team. So as a student, my tuition and fees were mostly to support the education side and help provide an educational experience attractive enough to recruit quality student/athletes. Now most of donations, like teammakers and scholarship fund, go towards athletics because I feel a successful athletic program fees academics through increased national exposure.

As car as those who attended and didn't graduate, or those who never went to Ndsu and are boosters, it is awesome they are part of the support system. That being said, I also feel the university and athletic programs insure greater long term success by going out of their way to capture the vested interest and loyalty of those with the sheepskin. If giving a few points to NDSU graduates encourages more to participate, it will continue to grow the Bison community even stronger.

There is no exclusion, just rewarding an education commitment to Ndsu on a different level.

First of all, I do think it is unfair to separate academics and athletics at this level. They feed off each other. Like you, I am sure, I am just as concerned about the state of the education as I am about the football team. So as a student, my tuition and fees were mostly to support the education side and help provide an educational experience attractive enough to recruit quality student/athletes. Now most of donations, like teammakers and scholarship fund, go towards athletics because I feel a successful athletic program fees academics through increased national exposure.

As car as those who attended and didn't graduate, or those who never went to Ndsu and are boosters, it is awesome they are part of the support system. That being said, I also feel the university and athletic programs insure greater long term success by going out of their way to capture the vested interest and loyalty of those with the sheepskin. If giving a few points to NDSU graduates encourages more to participate, it will continue to grow the Bison community even stronger.

There is no exclusion, just rewarding an education commitment to Ndsu on a different level.

I'm in, as I am sure most former NDSU athletes would be(as vast majority graduate)-->get points for being on varsity team AND for being a graduated Alum!!!

Where do I sign the petition?!?!?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Dunno. Sounds like entitlements to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dunno. Sounds like entitlements to me.
    I see what u did there!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.