Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Party Help

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Party Help

Quote Originally Posted by phpguru View Post
    Area Reservations and Bison Bowling Birthday Parties: 701-231-8417

from the website at : http://mu.ndsu.edu/rec_outing_center/rec_center/

Hope your kid enjoyed it as much as my nephew did.
    Thanks I would the web link this morning and fired off an email. Will call later in the week if I don't hear back from them.

Now if only planning my daughters would be as easy. She will be 12 so I am thinking of getting adjoining rooms at one of the local hotels that has a pool so she can have a slumber party. But trying to find something for them to do when they are not swimming may be difficult. Might have to enlist a friend that sells Mary Kay or Avon to do makeovers.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

For those of you with kids I thought I would post the information I received regarding the Memorial Union.

But just FYI, our Rec and Outing Center here in the Memorial Union has birthday party packages that range in price from $50.00 to $100.00, depending on how many lanes and what kind of food you would like. The total package price also depends on how long you would like to bowl. Our birthday party packages are priced for one hour, however it is just $25.00 extra for every additional hour. Also, a special appearance by NDSU's Thundar the Bison is an additional $30.00.
    Now I need to figure out a date that works for me and the location. My son does not know that I am working on this. I think he was only expecting a room decorated with the school colors, a football cake and maybe a pinata. He will be really excited if I can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    For those of you with kids I thought I would post the information I received regarding the Memorial Union.

Now I need to figure out a date that works for me and the location. My son does not know that I am working on this. I think he was only expecting a room decorated with the school colors, a football cake and maybe a pinata. He will be really excited if I can make it happen.
    Sounds exciting! I hope you get a couple pictures that you can share.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Yes I will be taking lots of pictures and will get my BIL to bring his video camera as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post

I wonder if there is an age limit on this? I want a Thundar BD party.

Did the party happen?

Quando omni flunkus moritati. "When all else fails, play dead". (Red Green) Keep you stick on the ice.

"I have always said I wouldn not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." "My experience when I lived and worked in NORTH DAKOTA with my fellow ranchmen, on what was then the frontier, was the most important educational asset of my life." Theodore Roosevelt - America's 26th President

Quote Originally Posted by NDFAN2 View Post
    Did the party happen?
    His birthday is next month so still putting the finishing touches on it.

Well logistics came into play so the party will be in Casselton instead of at the Memorial Union. (with the change in venue more of his friends will be able to attend) I am still making it a Bison party for him so it should be a great time for the kids.

Since it will be closer to home I will be able to do some decorating.

The room will be decked out in Green & Gold and the invitations going out later this week will football shaped (if I can find a template) with green & gold lettering.

I have a football shapped pinata and will be having a football cake made as well.

Does anyone know where I can buy some Bison tatoos and some green & gold pompoms?

I think we will be doing some face painting as well if I can come up with an easy design.

I am planning on having Thunderstruck playing in the background and if I can jack into the tv's will bring my portable dvd player along to show the Bison - Gopher game.

I would guess that the Varsity Mart may have some stuff for you. Party America also probably has green and yellow beads.

Quote Originally Posted by bisongirl View Post
    I would guess that the Varsity Mart may have some stuff for you. Party America also probably has green and yellow beads.
    Thanks I will check into both of these.