Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Results 1/3/08

Default Re: Results 1/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I am confused by what you call a Doubleheader. NDSU are playing 2 games on Jan 5, not sure about the other dates.

One must keep in mind that NDSU nows sells 2 separate ticket packages. ! for Women, and 1 for Men. There HAS to be time between games for the BSA to be cleared.

Why? Because if you only bought Mens tickets, someone may have the same seat for the Womens games.
    Summit League schools have the option of scheduling the four possible doubleheader dates back-to-back(ex. W@6pm M@8pm) like the old NCC days or the way NDSU has chosen to do it(W@2pm M@7pm). I hadn't considered the ticket problems you brought up, but there are ways around that if NDSU had thought the back-to-back games were worth it. In pre-computer days, it would've been a major hassle to set up three seating patterns(Men's, Women's, & D-Headers) and keep them updated, but these days it would take about an afternoon of thought and a few keystrokes to accomplish the same thing. I guess the athletic admins didn't think it was worth it. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, I was just surprised that they didn't take advantage of the attendance possibility of doubleheaders after having only two in the past three years(both in 05-06).

Most of the Summit schools separate the saturday games into two games rather than a true doubleheader.

533 In a row

Not SDSU and UMKC, we buck the trend.