Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon goes to SIU !!!

Default Lennon goes to SIU !!!

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Lennon to SIU????

Not again.....
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Wow, that would be a blow to UND. Is Dale willing to hang around for the Transition, or will the lure of a WELL established FCS team in one of the Best conferences in the Nation and not to mention they were in the Semis this year!! hmmm, GF or Carbondale?? I'd say SIU here I come if it were me!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Methinks Dale is exercising a little leverage for a raise, now that there's no AD at UND.

Seems to be a little too much of a coincidence that SIU was one of the top-paying FCS (Jerry Kill made over $165k at SIU) schools, and the Fargo media recently calling for Bohl to be paid more. I'm sure Dale feels a little left out.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

seems like a no brainer to me, gf say goodbye lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Methinks Dale is exercising a little leverage for a raise, now that there's no AD at UND.

Seems to be a little too much of a coincidence that SIU was one of the top-paying FCS (Jerry Kill made over $165k at SIU) schools, and the Fargo media recently calling for Bohl to be paid more. I'm sure Dale feels a little left out.
    Or hes not to thrilled with the current situation where hes at. He could walk into a Div 1 program and not have to build one from the ground up over the next 5 years. Plus considering the present turmoil-------
    PL

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Or hes not to thrilled with the current situation where hes at. He could walk into a Div 1 program and not have to build one from the ground up over the next 5 years. Plus considering the present turmoil-------
    PL
    I don't intend this as smack against either school (UND/SIU) or Coach Lennon (who's brother I had as a teacher in 10th grade, which is another story), but I personally would be upset if he left UND this year. It doesn't stem from wanting/not wanting to face him as a coach in the near future; it comes from a point of loyalty. I would certainly understand if he wanted to move up to a better program in a few years, but now? Coach Lennon has done so much for S*ck football in the past couple of years. To leave now, this early in their transition, and basically say "good luck" to the football program would be a very bad move on his part.

I respect the S*ck football team (except when playing NDSU). I wish them the all best for the next 5 years of hell. And here's to Coach Lennon staying with UND football the entire time.

And since we're on the topics of Lennons, I'll share with ya'll one of my favorite memories of Mr. [Don] Lennon from 10th grade history: we were studying WWI at the time. Mr. Lennon asked about the name of the Russian ruler, "...his last name was the greatest last name ever [obviously referring to Lenin]." One of my classmates jokingly answered "Marx" and Mr. Lennon said that the student just failed the class.

....Ok, maybe it's a "you had to be there" kind of a story, but I still find it funny.
    Last edited by TbonZach; 12-25-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: forgot a word

Dale Lennon is a good guy and a very good coach. He will not be leaving the Sue.

SIU wouldn't take lennon are you kidding me???

you guys get you panties in an uproar for NO REASON, he ain't even a candidate. .its just BS talk on a message board, and they even said the wrong guy. (they meant bohl) my gosh.

lennon aint good enough to goto SIU.

wow that board is really hot on Lennon! they say he is a finalist! that would be a real kick in the nuts for all the UND supporters...
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!