Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Football Schedules 2008 & 2009

Default Re: SDSU Football Schedules 2008 & 2009

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
    Give me a break. All I was responding to was the notion that SDSU is "never great enough to worry about". Did I say that we were a better team? Read all of my posts on this board, and you'll see there are no delusions of grandeur from SDSU based on one win.

You guys need to take off the green and yellow goggles and read a little more carefully. SDSU fans have tremendous respect for NDSU. Too bad so many of your fans don't recriprocate.

We're 2-2 since the move up. If I had to bet, I'd say it'll be 2-3 after next year because it's very, very tough to win in the Fargo Dome.
    The fact that you're bragging about being 2-2 against us just shows the separation between the two programs. SDSU had a nice win against NDSU...congratulations. Also, congratulations on setting up some tough schedules, I think it'll be very difficult but it will make the bunnies a better program. SDSU is now starting to appear in our rearview mirror. Kinda looks like a dot at this point.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
    What do the numbers 29-24 mean? Or how about 2-2 since that's the series record in FCS.

You said "never great enough to worry about". I pointed out that you maybe should have worried about us this year. NDSU is historically a great program. We just won our first conference title in my lifetime. Nobody's claiming parity.
    Actually, you quoted the wrong person...I never said anything about "never great enough to worry about." However, I was worried about that game. I had a bad feeling going down I-29 and it came true.

But overall, SDSU just need to face it, that it will never be in the same category overall as the Bison are in college football...It may be a harsh sentiment to swallow, but deep down in your heart you know its a fact, Jack.

NDSU football prior to the early 1960s was weak. The Bison made a commitment to be the best and it started showing in 1963 and even though there have been some down years since the mid-1960s, the Bison program has been a winner.

SDSU's football prior to the early 1960s was one of the top programs. In about 1963, SDSU's fortunes turned down and it was, even though there have been some decent years, a middle-level NCC program...until recently.

I think you're seeing SDSU going through one of those changes not unlike what the Bison did in the very early 1960s when there was an institutional commitment to a sport and renewed fan interest. SDSU's success is not necessarily a detriment to any other program. In other words, if SDSU become a consistent top-tier FCS football program, it does not mean NDSU or any other school in particular has to start having trouble. It does mean that NDSU and SDSU, since they are in the same region, will compete more heavily for some of the same recruits but I think both school have their "regions" so both can prosper.

I think some conclusions can be reached from the four Dakota Marker games. The home team has always won the Marker. SDSU won the first Marker in a storybook finish that some Bison called lucky as they walked out of Coughlin Alumni Stadium. NDSU won the next and while SDSU played tough, NDSU was the better team. NDSU won the third one but it was a much closer game with a punt run back eventually breaking SDSU's back. SDSU won it this year...they played better. If Walker had been able to pull it out, the SDSU fans would have walked away from the stadium calling NDSU nothing but lucky. SDSU's pass interception broke NDSU's final try, as far as momentum goes, it was not unlike the punt retrun in the 2006 game.

There's no question NDSU is clearly the program with the well-established winning tradition. The win-loss record proves the point. But I'm not looking any further back in time than the last game against the Bison. I know what's coming up in the future for SDSU. You know that Coach Bohl and his staff are not sitting in their chairs patting each other on the back about past win/loss records. They're thinking about what's coming up and I am confident in saying Coach Bohl and his staff are not as smug about the Jackrabbits as some of the posters on Bisonville. If they have the same opinions about the Jackrabbits, then you need different coaches.
    Go Jackrabbits!

I have a followup comment...
    I think the last time SDSU won a football game in Fargo was 1962 (it may have been '63). That is an amazing statistic. Playing in the FargoDome is probably more difficult than playing at the old outdoor field. I've been in the FargoDome for the last two SDSU games and it is hard to imagine a more hostile environment for a visiting football team. (I say that in a complimentary way...I think that's great when the home crowd can make that kind of noise.)

All winning and losing streaks come to an end. SDSU's program is poised to break two streaks in 2008: the embarassing losing record in Fargo; and the home team always winning the Dakota Marker.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Bison101 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    I have a followup comment...
    I think the last time SDSU won a football game in Fargo was 1962 (it may have been '63). That is an amazing statistic. Playing in the FargoDome is probably more difficult than playing at the old outdoor field. I've been in the FargoDome for the last two SDSU games and it is hard to imagine a more hostile environment for a visiting football team. (I say that in a complimentary way...I think that's great when the home crowd can make that kind of noise.)

All winning and losing streaks come to an end. SDSU's program is poised to break two streaks in 2008: the embarassing losing record in Fargo; and the home team always winning the Dakota Marker.

Yes.. it is an AMAZING statistic! You're first paragraph is totally awesome and I thank you.

And about that second paragraph. I like the first sentenece. but the second one.........

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We WANT the Marker Back ASAP. We flat out gave it to them this yr.

SDSU won the Dakota Marker this year. Watch a tape of the game.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    SDSU won the Dakota Marker this year. Watch a tape of the game.
    We can't, your AD didn't want it televised.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    nice bisonguy

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post

You think maybe they just lacked the proper technology to provide a live broadcast and were too ashamed to use that as a reason? Don't forget, this IS Brookings.

*banjo player out of town when photo was taken
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB