Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cally out at NU.....

Default Re: Cally out at NU.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybears View Post
    Think about what your writing there for a moment. CSU is a better job then NDSU.
    You probably don't know anything about NDSU, so I'll give you a pass.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    That was very kind of you.

Glen Mason? Please remove the crack pipe, seriously. Here is what is going down in Nebraska. Nebraska has hired a search firm to come up with a pool of candidates and Dr. Tom Osborne will have the final say. Word of the street that I've been hearing today in Nebraska is that he wants someone who has experience head coaching at the major level. That eliminates Turner Gill and Bo Pelini (sp?). All week those have been the two names flying around, Gill and Pelini. The name I've been hearing tonight is Jim Grobe, the head coach for Wake Forest. Word down here is that Grobe's people have already been contacted about the NU job. Who knows though, any speculation is just that, speculation.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The rumors floating around the past couple weeks about Pellini to Ole' Miss. are finally starting to make sense......

And, Mason is on a few radars, but I heard is not even plan b or c at NU.

I know quit a bit about NDSU. I've been following the old ncc for a long time.

I know you're an NDSu fan but you must get your head checked if you really believe NDSU is a better job then Colorado State. I don't even like CSU and I'll say it. If NDSU is a better job then CSU why did your basketball coach leave the bison for the rams?

You better get you head checked if you are trolling around on a small time D1AA school's website on a Saturday night. Thanks for your opinion...go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Swany View Post
    Glen Mason? Please remove the crack pipe, seriously. Here is what is going down in Nebraska. Nebraska has hired a search firm to come up with a pool of candidates and Dr. Tom Osborne will have the final say. Word of the street that I've been hearing today in Nebraska is that he wants someone who has experience head coaching at the major level. That eliminates Turner Gill and Bo Pelini (sp?). All week those have been the two names flying around, Gill and Pelini. The name I've been hearing tonight is Jim Grobe, the head coach for Wake Forest. Word down here is that Grobe's people have already been contacted about the NU job. Who knows though, any speculation is just that, speculation.
    So, you say that Mason isn't going to Nebraska, you also continue to ramble on and on only to point out that everything you just said was pure speculation. We don't care what the word on the street is, we care about the facts. The facts are Tom Osbourne said he's a big fan of Glen Mason and how he runs a program and feels he got the short end of the stick at Minnesota. Even if he doesn't get the job, he'll certainly get a look.

I know you're an NDSu fan but you must get your head checked if you really believe NDSU is a better job then Colorado State. I don't even like CSU and I'll say it. If NDSU is a better job then CSU why did your basketball coach leave the bison for the rams?
    What was the better job back in the day, coaching at Youngstown State or coaching at Toledo or Miami of Ohio? Jim Tressel would certainly argue he'd take winning national championships over being mediocre in a mediocre conference. The Colorado State job isn't going to be highly coveted anyways. Craig Bohl would have more to gain by staying at NDSU and winning a ship over going to a horrible situation like that.

I have lived in Fargo and have spent time in Greeley and Fort Collins. And, I do know that I personally would rather spend my time establishing a powerhowse at NDSU than starting at the beginning with Colorado State.

I don't have an answer for your BB question. I suspect it has something to do with Coach Miles' relative youth and the difference between needing a team of 15 versus a team of 85 to be successful.

I can't speak for Coach Bohl, but personally would find a number of other career opportunities as providing more satisfaction.