Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More good news out of gopher land

Default Re: More good news out of gopher land

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I still don't believe that these kids are that good. So what if they have 3 or 4 stars by their name. We played against these star players at MN and CM and I didn't see too many of them standing out. I see lots of problems ahead for Brewster. Did anyone see how good Missouri is doing this year? I bet they have never had a top anything recruiting class.
    You guys make it so difficult when its so very simple. Glen Mason was a horrible recruiter hence the lack of athletes on his team. Also hence why Glen Mason's defense had a tendancy of struggling. He never recruited speed or athletes, he recruited guys that fit his system which was a horrible defensive system hence the struggles against the top tier teams. Sometimes a coach needs to change his system, which Mason struggled to do. Brewster was stuck with Glen Mason's horrible recruiting classes, hence why none of them stuck out. NDSU had considerable more speed on the defensive side of the field which is horribly sad nothing against NDSU.
    Also Missouri's recruiting class this season has actually really been solid this year, they have even landed a blue chip quarterback. Currently they rank in the top 25 and have the potential to be a top 10 recruiting class with the success of their team so far which has no doubt helped. They have also ranked considerably better then Minnesota the past 5 years averaging 35th overall where Minnesota averaged 52nd. It also shouldn't be a huge shocker then that generally the top teams have the top recruiting classes outside of teams like Boise St and Kansas.
    I also am curious if you guys would have been saying how horrible of coaches of Mark Mangino and even Ron Zook since they struggled their first couple of seasons. I'm not saying Minnesota or Brewster will ever be a potential BCS top 5 team, but generally it takes atleast 3 to 5 years to make a fair assessment of a coach. Who would have thought 5 years ago Kansas being in the top 10? Who would have thought Illinois being able to compete with Ohio St, Michigan, and the top teams of the Big Ten?

Quote Originally Posted by SirHinn View Post
    You guys make it so difficult when its so very simple. Glen Mason was a horrible recruiter hence the lack of athletes on his team. Also hence why Glen Mason's defense had a tendancy of struggling. He never recruited speed or athletes, he recruited guys that fit his system which was a horrible defensive system hence the struggles against the top tier teams. Sometimes a coach needs to change his system, which Mason struggled to do. Brewster was stuck with Glen Mason's horrible recruiting classes, hence why none of them stuck out. NDSU had considerable more speed on the defensive side of the field which is horribly sad nothing against NDSU.
    Also Missouri's recruiting class this season has actually really been solid this year, they have even landed a blue chip quarterback. Currently they rank in the top 25 and have the potential to be a top 10 recruiting class with the success of their team so far which has no doubt helped. They have also ranked considerably better then Minnesota the past 5 years averaging 35th overall where Minnesota averaged 52nd. It also shouldn't be a huge shocker then that generally the top teams have the top recruiting classes outside of teams like Boise St and Kansas.
    I also am curious if you guys would have been saying how horrible of coaches of Mark Mangino and even Ron Zook since they struggled their first couple of seasons. I'm not saying Minnesota or Brewster will ever be a potential BCS top 5 team, but generally it takes atleast 3 to 5 years to make a fair assessment of a coach. Who would have thought 5 years ago Kansas being in the top 10? Who would have thought Illinois being able to compete with Ohio St, Michigan, and the top teams of the Big Ten?

My point is I think Brewster is all talk and no show. I bet anything if you ask someone on our coaching staff to rate the coaches we have played against the the Gopher crew would rank dead last.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    My point is I think Brewster is all talk and no show. I bet anything if you ask someone on our coaching staff to rate the coaches we have played against the the Gopher crew would rank dead last.
    Probably. It sure can be a situation where Brewster looks back on the year, thinks about what he needs to fix, and then make significant progress forward into next year and improving tenfold as a coach.