Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new BB marketing sucks

Default new BB marketing sucks

Last year we had some great marketing with the "Big Names. Big Games" campaign. This years "Step Up To The Summit" advertising is a HORRIBLE! It looks small time, bush league, and something like Jamestown or a D3 team would do.

I know they all can't be as good as this years "Will You Be There?" but is this the best we can do?

Default Re: new BB marketing sucks

yes, what ad wizard came up with THIS pile of poo?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Just jumped over here from the football threads...and have to agree with this one...real dumb ad. I wonder if that is something Flint Communications did. They are the ad agency that does the sports campaign for NDSU athletics. Looks like strike two if thats the case....first wiff came on that horrable intro for Bison Football. This being number two!

It is definately bad. To think that somone actiually gets paid pretty well to come up with stuff that bad.

As far as intro's are concerned they should NEVER go away from "Thunder Struck" as intro music for anything. It makes too much sense considering our mascot and to top it off it is a song that can get you pumped just from the energy of the song. They should have something similar for the starting line ups for basketball instead of our standard drum/clap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swat_Team10 View Post
    Just jumped over here from the football threads...and have to agree with this one...real dumb ad. I wonder if that is something Flint Communications did. They are the ad agency that does the sports campaign for NDSU athletics. Looks like strike two if thats the case....first wiff came on that horrable intro for Bison Football. This being number two!
    Let's not forget "Scream Yellow!"...Makes me cringe typing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Scene from the meeting where they developed that briliant idea....

Reaction from everyone after they sobered up and realized what they came up with....

I probably will not go to any games because the commercial is so bad. Yeah right! To me it really doesn't matter all that much in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Makes me have to pee.

Hey, scream yellow must have worked because there sure were a lot of fans here screaming about wearing YELLOW earlier this year!

The new step up to the Summit song reminds me of the Bears Superbowl Shuffle jingle.....the marketing went back to the 80's!