Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Student Section?

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Best Student Section?

This is more a question for people that go to road games. I was wondering how our student section stacks up against other FCS teams? What about conference teams? Do we have the best student section in FCS? I know we could do better, but how do we do agaisnt the competition?

Default Re: Best Student Section?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    This is more a question for people that go to road games. I was wondering how our student section stacks up against other FCS teams? What about conference teams? Do we have the best student section in FCS? I know we could do better, but how do we do against the competition?
    Central Michigan had a pretty loud student section (probably alcohol induced) but they were mostly out of there by the second half. They were completely in the end zone.

Western Illinois had one side that was GA mixed with students, and while there were quite a few there at the beginning of the game, they didn't do much for noise.

Minnesota, well everyone was there for themselves.

Mississippi Valley State did not have a visible student section. The band was loud however.

To answer your question, when our student section is full, they rock compared to almost all of the other student sections that I have seen! Wearing the yellow shirts really helps identify where they are in the dome.

533 In a row

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the Central Michigan student section was pretty good too, especially how they were in the end zone in that U-shaped stadium. When we first walked in I thought, "Oh, man, this is going to be a hostile, tough place to play". And it was pretty loud, to start with. Luckily, the Bison stuck it them early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Central Michigan had a pretty loud student section (probably alcohol induced) but they were mostly out of there by the second half. They were completely in the end zone.

Western Illinois had one side that was GA mixed with students, and while there were quite a few there at the beginning of the game, they didn't do much for noise.

Minnesota, well everyone was there for themselves.

Mississippi Valley State did not have a visible student section. The band was loud however.

To answer your question, when our student section is full, they rock compared to almost all of the other student sections that I have seen! Wearing the yellow shirts really helps identify where they are in the dome.
    CMU (and obviously the U of M) are FBS still though. From these posts, it seems that we are doing very well as far as FCS goes. Anyone disagree?

Central Michigan was good, but I recall the fans down at Georgia Southern being quite vocal right away. Like the CMU game, though, the GS students got quiet in a hurry when things started going the Bison way.

I wnet to Georgia Southern last year. They were loud the first half. Then we got on a roll and were very impressed of NDSU.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not compared to FBS (no central michigan or minny) just the FCS. I think they are up there

In the College Sporting New's fan rankings we finished in like 16th last year. Haven't seen them this year.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    I wnet to Georgia Southern last year. They were loud the first half. Then we got on a roll and were very impressed of NDSU.
    Who's house? Our house!

They were good but not better than NDSU fans. I don't think they appreciated us singing, "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" toward the end of the game.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Who's house? Our house!

They were good but not better than NDSU fans. I don't think they appreciated us singing, "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" toward the end of the game.

Ah, the memories! That was just plain FUN.