Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicating Threads

Default Duplicating Threads

The Bisonville community has obviously been growing pretty fast this season and it seems that many more people are posting than during previous seasons. This has naturally led to an insane number of new posts and threads to keep track of (don't get me wrong - that is a good thing).

I know that there is very little that the admin / moderators can do to enforce this, but I hope that members put more effort into making sure that they aren't duplicating anything. I've been getting that deja vu feeling quite a bit lately.

The bottom line - Please look around a little before starting a new thread or posting a news story.

*yes, I looked a little to make sure that I'm not duplicating a thread.
    Last edited by UTH; 10-26-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Default Re: Duplicating Threads

If you do see duplicate threads, PM one or all of the mods and there are nondestructive actions that can be taken (such as merging threads, etc.).

With all the threads, it can be a lot of work to make sure there aren't duplicates or even threads in the wrong forums.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Can the two CMU threads in Football be merged?

Quando omni flunkus moritati. "When all else fails, play dead". (Red Green) Keep you stick on the ice.

"I have always said I wouldn not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." "My experience when I lived and worked in NORTH DAKOTA with my fellow ranchmen, on what was then the frontier, was the most important educational asset of my life." Theodore Roosevelt - America's 26th President

Did anybody see that that jacka$$, NDB, started another thread on duplicate threads!

This is like staring into a mirror with one behind you, the reflections repeat infinitum.....
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Did anybody see that that jacka$$, NDB, started another thread on duplicate threads!

This is like staring into a mirror with one behind you, the reflections repeat ad infinitum.....
    That little bastard. I'll help keep an eye out for him. I heard he posts from his office computer at the Department of Redundancy Department.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

I think someone should start a thread about bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    I think someone should start a thread about bowl games.
    Speaking of bowl games, since we have discussed that worthless topic to death, since we can't go to the playoffs, maybe we should petition the NCAA to give Walker, Mays and the rest of the seniors one more year of eligibility so they can play in the playoffs. If the NCAA refuses we just sue them!

*I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a topic this stupid, and then this thread came along! Thanks guys!

*For those with collars a little too tight and underwear pulled up a little too high...I was just joking. Take a deap breath. I don't really want to sue the NCAA or send in a petition. There...flame away (As Tatanka would say!)

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Aaah, what the heck, I give up. I invite admin / moderators to rename this thread to Bowl Thread Six. Maybe this time something good will come of it. This new thread name certainly rings better than "Ndsu Bowl" or "Idea for post-season play".
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

So you're saying there's a chance?

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance?

YES!!!

There is always a chance.

Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB