Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of game do you want on Saturday?

Default Re: What kind of game do you want on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by westriver bison View Post
    What kind of game do I "want" on Saturday? I want the Bison to put a beatdown on the Gophers like Nebraska did a few years ago. ~70-14

What do I expect? I expect a hard fought, physical game that is won or lost in the last minute of the game.
    I agree too. Deep down in my heart, I want a Bison butt wooping! I think this Bison team deserves it!

What will happen on Saturday will be quite different I'm afraid, but I still think the Bison will win by at least 1 TD.

I'd love to see plenty of a rolling pocket play for Walker, and plenty of D!

Quando omni flunkus moritati. "When all else fails, play dead". (Red Green) Keep you stick on the ice.

"I have always said I wouldn not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." "My experience when I lived and worked in NORTH DAKOTA with my fellow ranchmen, on what was then the frontier, was the most important educational asset of my life." Theodore Roosevelt - America's 26th President

Hate to say it but i think it will be won by a field goal, and of course it will be the Bison on the winning end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'd like to see the Bison win in overtime since the Gophers can't seem to win any overtime games.

On second thought, I'd prefer a 21-point win.
    The Goofers are actually 1-2 in OT games.

I want to see a big win by the Bison regardless. A bigger margin of victory will be outstanding. I would love to hear PA & Dubay and the rest of rodent land make excuses the next week after a butt whooping. What is it Gopher fans........the mighty Big Ten that is vastly superior regardless, or a bad Minnesota team even if they have 20 more scholies that are vastly better talentwise?
    If I hear one more time this game is more important to NDSU I am going to puke. That is the statement of loser fans, loser coaches and a loser Goofer program.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I wanna see Tyler 'Roll' and Walker have one of his best days as a Bison. I want people watching the Big Ten network to see just how gifted he is. I want our linebackers to dominate and to apply some real pain on their QB & backs. I want Joe M. to have a career day and to leave the field with a huge smile on his face this time. I want the offensive line to dominate so that we can control the tempo of the game, and give the backfield a chance to do their thing. I want the SU crowd to take over the baggie and humiliate the Minnesota crowd. I want our outstanding group of receivers to peck away at their D-backs without mercy. I want to see Paschal and Blincoe have a few big runs. I want one or two outstanding returns by Shamen & Majeski. I wanna see a punt take out one of the lights. I want our emerging defensive line to continue to build its confidence and to have a strong game. Stop the run. Suffocate the run.

Control the ball. Control the ball. And then...control the ball. Take the legs away from Minnesota's defense. Have them begging to be taken out of the game because they can't feel their legs.

Tyler needs to role...big-time. That will be a HUGE key. HUGE

If Tyler gets going, the Gophers are in deep sh.. He needs to show that he is an FBS caliber back with great power...which he is...and has.

Roehl, offensive line, and Walker must...I say must...control, and take care of the ball. Long, nice, pesky drives that finish with touchdowns...this time. Finish the job.

No stupid tripping calls.

And I'd like to fly up and be there, but I can't afford it.

That's all.
    Hey, nice job, I agree with everything. Ball control will be critical. Given their ability to move the ball and score a lot of points, our best defense will be our offense controlling the ball and limiting the touches the Goofer O gets.

I also want our coaches to coach smart. Despite the comment on tripping, and others about missed field goals, last years game was lost because the coaches went for it on 4th and 3 or so yds just inside Gopher territory (Gopher 47 yd line?). We didn't get the first down, Walker threw incomplete to White. That gave the Gophers a short field and they put a drive together ending in the only TD scored in the game.

So, besides the players showing up and doing what they are capable of doing best, and limiting penalties and TOs, we need our coaches to coach smart and not cost us the game like they did last year, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Da_bison View Post
    I would take any win first and foremost, but would love to see a total domination of every aspect of the game, similar to Central Michigan and a bit more. To launch the Bison further into the national spotlight and give us some additional props for recruiting and possible votes in the FBS poll.

Just think of all the recruits that will be at the game for both us and UM.
    We will likey have recruits there, but interesting enough, we are not allowed to invite recruits to an opponents game. I didn't know that until Bohl said that last night on his WDAY radio show.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm driving in from Kansas City. I'm not driving all that way to watch them lose. I'm hoping we can roll over them but I'm afraid it will be a close game. Maybe a 20-17 win for the Bison.

I'd like to see a 49-42 gopher win.

If we lose the game, how many people will fall off the bandwagon and call for Bohl's firing?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If we lose the game, how many people will fall off the bandwagon and call for Bohl's firing?
    Probably about the same number as last year.

Quando omni flunkus moritati. "When all else fails, play dead". (Red Green) Keep you stick on the ice.

"I have always said I wouldn not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." "My experience when I lived and worked in NORTH DAKOTA with my fellow ranchmen, on what was then the frontier, was the most important educational asset of my life." Theodore Roosevelt - America's 26th President