Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo Dome Expansion Potential???

Question Fargo Dome Expansion Potential???

Just wondering if anyone knows if and how much seating could be increased in the dome?

Default Re: Fargo Dome Expansion Potential???

I don't think there is any cost effective way to expand the dome.

The basketball arena is the priority right now.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by rdh701 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows if and how much seating could be increased in the dome?
    I don't want to be a naysayer, but we need to see the Fargodome sold out for a year at least, maybe 2 before talking about expanding seating for Football. As Roadwarrior stated the Basketball Arena is a definite priority.

Hey maybe after that is built it could be used as SRO for Football with video on screens...

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I don't think there is any cost effective way to expand the dome.

The basketball arena is the priority right now.
    I'm no archtect but there's really no space to put seats. The corners have the supports so you really couldn't put a significant number of seats there without some major view obstruction. And you really can't go up unless you raise the roof and that would be some bukoo dollars. I've always had and idea of them putting in a second floor in at least 2 of the corners. Kinda like a patio area that you would have to walk up to. You would still have the standing room only in the corners but then the second level could be the alcohol area or patio where you could grab a beer and watch the game from. That would take money too but I though it would be cool if they ever allowed alcohol at the games plus it would increase the standing room only area.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I don't want to be a naysayer, but we need to see the Fargodome sold out for a year at least, maybe 2 before talking about expanding seating for Football. As Roadwarrior stated the Basketball Arena is a definite priority.

Hey maybe after that is built it could be used as SRO for Football with video on screens...
    I would have to second the sold out statement, and go a step further. We need to see the dome sold out and fans actually in the sold seats. I noticed many many empty seats looking across at the west side. Sold out is great but eventually if there is that much constant demand then those seats will not only be sold but have butts in them as well.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also second the sold out statement. But this is just talk so here goes I think one way that you could add seating is remove the sloped part of the roof, then add a small upper deck, such as 10-12 rows, above the seats now. Then put the roof back on with less pitch or a flat top. Do this on all four side and you'll get a couple 1000 more. This brings up some questions as to how the bison will play with construction going on. It too bad the coners cant get filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by mhd1283 View Post
    I would have to second the sold out statement, and go a step further. We need to see the dome sold out and fans actually in the sold seats. I noticed many many empty seats looking across at the west side. Sold out is great but eventually if there is that much constant demand then those seats will not only be sold but have butts in them as well.
    c'mon we need contigency plans like they do up north. I for one, would love to build a 110,000 seat domed football staduim with a retractable roof. You know we are going to need it after a couple of FCS championships and the move to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post

Hey maybe after that is built it could be used as SRO for Football with

video on screens...
    There is an old saying that "you dont build a new church for Easter Sunday".
    There is alot of excitement right now. This momentum needs to be carried and shown for 3-5 years at least to establish the new fan base. When they sell out every game AND have a waiting list when the team is 6-5 or 5-6 then you have a solid fan base.
    FB has a great venue. BB needs a new one. PL

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There is alot of excitement right now. This momentum needs to be carried and shown for 3-5 years at least to establish the new fan base. When they sell out every game AND have a waiting list when the team is 6-5 or 5-6 then you have a solid fan base.
    Agreed ++++++

Minnesota has a student base of around 50,000 and they had a hard enough time finding 290 million to build a stadium that holds over 50,000 people. And that is while the program is down, imagine if it had been successful over the last 10 years. If and when NDSU decides to build a new stadium, it will not be a short process. NDSU has an enrollment of just over 12,000 and a surrounding metro area of 120,000, throw in the whole state of ND and that adds another 500,000. The twin cities metro has between 3 and 4 million people, not to mention that they are pumping 4 times as many alumni out each year. Let's be realistic when we think about needing a new stadium. The resources are just not there.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I love it, haven't heard that saying in awhile. I agree that it's a bit premature to be talking new stadium. However, give it 10-15 years and it might be realistic.