Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on the rest of the season

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default My thoughts on the rest of the season

1) I was hoping our lack of pressure from the defensive line against SFA was a fluke. Turns out it wasn't; this is very disconcerting.

2) David Earl is a stud. And hats off to the secondary as a whole. That may sound weird after the night Bomar had, but considering thought #1 I thought they played very well.

3) Our offense cannot be stopped. The runnning game was not completely clicking but Walker was extremely efficient.

Overall, any team that runs the spread will give us a good game. The only way we can get pressure on a QB is to bring the LB's and the spread pretty much takes that option away. I think we may have to outscore quite a few teams this year.

Default Re: My thoughts on the rest of the season

I have the same concerns. If we have to outscore alot of teams to win, this year is the year to do it b/c we have all of the keys in place.

We can't forget about the penalties....unacceptable in my eyes. Some of those were ridiculous, and I can imagine they lead to scores for the bearkats.

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    We can't forget about the penalties....unacceptable in my eyes. Some of those were ridiculous, and I can imagine they lead to scores for the bearkats.
    I totally argee...the penalties are unacceptable

My thoughts on the season are that I'm glad we won't have to see Bomar again. The defense will pick it up, I think it just needs some time to gell. Lots of new players in the secondary.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    Agreed, but it was better than last week, and should only continue to improve. Unless the entire d-line finds a way to recreate what happened to Michael J. Fox in Teenwolf, we'll struggle against good teams from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Agreed, but it was better than last week, and should only continue to improve. Unless the entire d-line finds a way to recreate what happened to Michael J. Fox in Teenwolf, we'll struggle against good teams from here on out.
    Surf on the roof of a van? I don't see how that could help them in football.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    joe lardinois= michael j fox in teenwolf

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    joe lardinois= michael j fox in teenwolf
    Joe's much taller!

The yardage they gave up is concerning but I don't think we'll see another QB that can put the ball in such tight spots. When a team runs the spread offense and the QB is basically perfectly accurate, it's pretty much impossible to stop. This is one of the big reasons we're seeing so many upsets, it just takes a great QB and a few receivers and you can be competitive.