Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Dahl last action of the preseason

Default Craig Dahl last action of the preseason

Craig had a good game for the Gmen tonight. Second on the team with 6 tackles (5 solo) and also had the only pick of the game.

I didn't get to watch the game so I don't know the particulars, but hopefully this helps his resume.

Default Re: Craig Dahl last action of the preseason

I was just going to start this thread. Looks like Craig had a pretty good last preseason game. He picked off Testaverde in the third QTR at the Giants 15 yrd line and returned it for 21 yrds.

That should quite those friggin' New Yorkers some.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Hopefully it was enough (and what the coaches say in practice) to keep him on the 53 man roster...

Quote Originally Posted by mn-bison View Post
    Hopefully it was enough (and what the coaches say in practice) to keep him on the 53 man roster...
    Lets hope so...

Obviously this is just one guys opinion - "Safety Craig Dahl had his first solid game of the preseason. Unfortunately for him, it probably wasn't enough to save his job."

Linky

Im hoping that douchebag didnt spill his dorito's while typing that article with his fat fingers... its just some Fans opinion, doesnt matter!!

WORST CASE, Dahl is on practice squad making money!

Actually worst case is that he is cut and not put on the practice squad. Sometimes we need to take of our green and gold colored glasses and see things for what they are. Can Dahl play with the big boys? Probably. Did he get his chance? Yes. In my opinion he just didn't put his best foot forward, and unfotrunately it's hard to get 'another chance' in the NFL.

Unless of course you can run a 4.3. 40 and have vertical of 40".

Quote Originally Posted by mhd1283 View Post
    Actually worst case is that he is cut and not put on the practice squad. Sometimes we need to take of our green and gold colored glasses and see things for what they are. Can Dahl play with the big boys? Probably. Did he get his chance? Yes. In my opinion he just didn't put his best foot forward, and unfotrunately it's hard to get 'another chance' in the NFL.

Unless of course you can run a 4.3. 40 and have vertical of 40".
    I have to disagree with this one and agree with Lakes. I think any rookie who finishes with a game like that, but gets cut on the final cuts, is going to be close to a lock for a practice squad spot. Why? They will realize he played small college football and he he has done this well, he may have a future (see Todd B. from St. Cloud St.). I would bet he even has an outside chance at a regular roster spot if he excelled at all in special teams.

Maybe. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to put him down. I just think sometimes we tend to believe our kid isn't the one putting the tack on the teachers chair.

He must have impressed somebody. His name is on the list for voting for the game ball on the Giant's HomePage.

http://www.giants.com/index.asp
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif