Most Popular Blogs

1. Looking at the Robert Morris Offense.

Preview Ė Robert Morris University offense

Robert Morris will have their hands full with NDSU. Looking at their schedule, a 7-4 season would be considered a huge success for the Colonials. I predict them to have 4-5 wins. Here is what I feel is an objective look at what RMU will bring to the Fargodome. Although it is hard to be objective, Iíll attempt to back it up with some statistical data. Go Bison.

Robert Morris returns a veteran quarterback in Jeff Sinclair. ...

Updated 08-29-2012 at 06:33 PM by Scooter1

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Looking at the RMU defense.

At 2-9 RMU didnít have much to hang their hat on for 2011. The bright spot for this team is that they return a number of seniors from the defense. They should be better than last season. Looking at the numbers, when RMU faced what would be called an average FCS team they were outscored 37-11 on average by teams ranked from 35-70 GPI. This is a defense that needs some confidence. They lost the final six games of last season and over that period of time, allowed an average of 33.8 PPG . Going ...

Updated 08-28-2012 at 12:08 AM by Scooter1

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wofford Terriers - Throwing the dogs a bone.

Let's play a little Jeopardy game.

ALEX : "In 2009, which FCS team went 2-6 in their conference, failed to score 25 or more points in over 6 of their 11 games, lost by more than 17 points to a team from a major BCS conference and went 3-8 overall accounting for their only losing season since Craig Bohl started coaching at NDSU?"

Player 1 : "Who is NDSU?"

ALEX : "Ooh, incorrect."

Player 2 : "Who is ...

Updated 12-06-2012 at 04:28 AM by Scooter1

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Help, Bison to much for my Bobcat!!!

When I was younger I used to help out on my uncle's farm. We had an older Bobcat that we used for chores. My uncle used to remind us not to overload the little workhorse because he couldn't afford to have it break down. Like my uncle Gary, Montana State has done the exact same thing; recognizing the limitations of the Bobcat. Congrats to the Montana State Bobcats, you know the Bison on the schedule is way to much for the little kitties.

What perplexes me is that the Montana State ...

Updated 02-22-2013 at 03:48 AM by Scooter1

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    Oregon plays FCS (Division I-AA) nearly every season as warm-up. I think they know the level of talent.
    Ha ha ha! As was pointed out elsewhere... maybe Oregon knows the level of talent they've faced when playing other FCS teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    Exactly. I'm not disputing NDSU isn't heads and shoulders about the rest of the FCS but there is an obvious gap from FCS to FBS. Just like there is a gap between P5 and most non-P5 schools in FBS.
    Ha ha ha! If you are talking about the "average"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast