PDA

View Full Version : Minor Leauge Tragedy

onbison09
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Didn't really know were to put this; On July 22, 2007 the Tulsa Drillers of the Texas Leauge (Double A baseall leauge) lost their 1st base coach Mike Coolbaugh in a game. A ball was hit out towards first and struck him in the left side of the head. We go to the Frisco RoughRiders frequently and I just wanted to let people know about this tragedy. It was on ESPN on Monday and it's just a sad story. You can read about it at http://www.texas-league.com/news/?id=8270.

bisonaudit
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
This was a terrible thing to see. It's really unfortunate. I feel bad for everybody, his family, and friends, the team, the poor kid who hit that foul ball.

We tend to forget how dangerous a game baseball can be. Just because guys aren't running into each other every play like our other major sports doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly fast, violent, and dangerous.

I guy got beaned in the bigs last night too. The whole left side of his face swelled up. Didn't see anything official but sure look like he's going to have a broken bone or two.

onbison09
07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
That guy that got beaned has a broken bone in his cheek I think but all else is fine. A 12 year girl playing softball got hit in the head during practice and died. Sad, Sad deal.

sambini
07-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Our Prayers For The Families

TheDoctor
08-04-2007, 05:33 AM
That guy that got beaned has a broken bone in his cheek I think but all else is fine. A 12 year girl playing softball got hit in the head during practice and died. Sad, Sad deal.

You must be talking about another story. The original story posted here, that coach died. ;)

Hammersmith
08-04-2007, 05:41 AM
A guy got beaned in the bigs last night too. The whole left side of his face swelled up. Didn't see anything official but sure look like he's going to have a broken bone or two.

You must be talking about another story. The original story posted here, that coach died. ;)

onbison09 was referring to this part of bisonaudit's post. I saw the clip too, but I can't remember the player or team.

bisonaudit
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Close scrape for the Twins in Cleveland the other weekend. We were there and saw 3rd base coach Scott Ulger get smoked by a line drive in the dugout. He turned his head at the last second and it got him in the jaw instead of the cheek or eye but it was pretty scarry even from 100 yds away. A couple inches one way and his face is all bused up a couple inches the other and we could have been looking at a repeat of the minor league tradgey.