PDA

View Full Version : U-Mary Gets Early Admission

Velva Bison
07-24-2007, 11:54 PM
I do not know if this was posted but I noticed on tonights news in Bismarck that the University of Mary was granted full membership into the NCAA. They will be playoff eligible this fall. This means that their transition time was cut three years short. According to the news this was a complete suprise to the Univeristy of Mary and it something that the NCAA just did becuase of Mary's success to this point. If that is the criteria where is NDSU's early admission or is that coming.

Bisonguy
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
This is fairly common in DII. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe Upper Iowa was afforded a reduced probationary period in their recent move to DII.

DI is an entirely different story. Heck, NDSU has even found out that medical redshirts are much more strict in DI than DII. NDSU will have to wait until 2008 for the playoffs.

sambini
07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Good luck Mary in your new Division 2 endeavors+++

RodentiaX
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
D-II makes the move to D-II easy. A lot of people have said that they make the move too easy. If D-I made the D-I move that easy, wouldn't D-I have the same problems that D-II has? You could well have teams moving to D-I, and then immediately pushing to lower the scholarship limits. Goodbye 63 scholarships, hello 45?

sambini
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
D-II makes the move to D-II easy. A lot of people have said that they make the move too easy. If D-I made the D-I move that easy, wouldn't D-I have the same problems that D-II has? You could well have teams moving to D-I, and then immediately pushing to lower the scholarship limits. Goodbye 63 scholarships, hello 45?Right on Rodentia++++

56BISON73
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
D-II makes the move to D-II easy. A lot of people have said that they make the move too easy. If D-I made the D-I move that easy, wouldn't D-I have the same problems that D-II has? You could well have teams moving to D-I, and then immediately pushing to lower the scholarship limits. Goodbye 63 scholarships, hello 45?

Any team moving to Div I from II wouldnt have the juice against the big boys to lower the schollies. If they want 45 schollies and can only afford the same then stay in II. Thats one of the reasons for the long transition period. PL

onbison09
07-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Why can't we move up b/c of success? It's been pretty much unheard of what we have done? The transition time has seemed like decades.

imabison
07-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Why can't we move up b/c of success? It's been pretty much unheard of what we have done? The transition time has seemed like decades.
D1 rules vs the waterdown DII rules.

Tatanka
07-26-2007, 12:08 AM
D1 rules vs the waterdown DII rules.
++

No offense to Mary, but this is EXACTLY why D-II was not the place to be for the Bison.

Yo
07-28-2007, 12:15 AM
++

No offense to Mary, but this is EXACTLY why D-II was not the place to be for the Bison.

Very well said with again no offense to Mary. I also wish them the best of luck.

sambini
07-28-2007, 04:33 AM
I wonder how many other Dac 10 schools will follow?

Bisonguy
07-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I wonder how many other Dac 10 schools will follow?

Why not Minot? :confused:

4mcruenomore
07-28-2007, 03:01 PM
None of the other schools have enough money IMO to move up, Minot included.

sambini
07-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Mary do they have the financial backing? Good booster club or alumni?

roadwarrior
07-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Didn't Minot State just look into the issue of moving up and decided not to at this time?

MinotBison
07-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Didn't Minot State just look into the issue of moving up and decided not to at this time?

They did, and I think they'll move up eventually. The biggest concern for them in trying to decide was having a conference to join before making the move.

TheDoctor
07-29-2007, 04:47 AM
Very well said with again no offense to Mary. I also wish them the best of luck.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++;)

DORMIE
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Some of you have forgotten. The time frame for Div I is 5 years, because thats the way the NCAA wants it. Remember, we still have to go through the on campus evaluation that will take place during this years school year.

OCBison
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I do not know if this was posted but I noticed on tonights news in Bismarck that the University of Mary was granted full membership into the NCAA. They will be playoff eligible this fall. This means that their transition time was cut three years short. According to the news this was a complete suprise to the Univeristy of Mary and it something that the NCAA just did becuase of Mary's success to this point. If that is the criteria where is NDSU's early admission or is that coming.

The cutting short of the probationary period has anything to do with on-field success. It has everything to do how quickly they were able to come into compliance with the NCAA DII rules.

The transition from DII to DI is a much more formative process and given the potential pool of funds that are available to a school that is able to make a successful transition the NCAA is quite right to stick to a mandatory length for the transition and to NOT shorten it for anyone.

Once again it's NOT about on-field performance it's about off-field compliance.

sambini
08-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks OC for the insight on this subject.

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks OC for the insight on this subject.

++++++++++++++++;)

BisBison
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Not related to early admission, but Mary hosted Augustana this Saturday in Bismarck in front of an anounnced crowd of 6,501 (1500 more than und's playoff game last year) and nearly beat them, losing 26-19 in the final seconds after leading much of the game. und is on the way to being the third most popular program in the state.

Green-N-Gold
08-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Not related to early admission, but Mary hosted Augustana this Saturday in Bismarck in front of an anounnced crowd of 6,501 (1500 more than und's playoff game last year) and nearly beat them, losing 26-19 in the final seconds after leading much of the game. und is on the way to being the third most popular program in the state.

Mary....Already NoDak's premier DII university.

BISON Thunder
08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Mary....Already NoDak's premier DII university.

So they have a hostile nickname?

4mcruenomore
08-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Not a bad game at all, but in desperate need of better coaching. I thought there were some very conservative play calling going on, and some screw ups. I mean, when you don't have the depth of the team you are playing, you have to go for it. I knew the defense would get tired and let go eventually, which is what happened in the 4th. Same thing at St. Cloud last year. It will come eventually, but I'm worried if they keep losing like that, people in Bis will not show up anymore.

sambini
08-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Myron still the coach out there?

BisBison
08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Myron still the coach out there?

Yes he is.

4mcruenomore
09-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Umary loses to St. Cloud with 50 seconds left by a field goal. I am curious to see how these NCC schools (Aug. and St. Cloud) fair against UND with all their smack talk as of late. Mary has a damn good defense, and a hella QB. Good job guys, tough loss!

Bison_Pride
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
By looking at the rest of their schedule the Marauders should be able to get a few wins under their belt this season. It won't be easy with Concordia-St.Paul coming up, they are fairly stout this year.

http://umarymarauders.com