PDA

View Full Version : Fsn = Ndsu & Sdsu

lakesbison
07-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I HAVE TALKED WITH FSN. NDSU has talked with FSN.

FSN is VERY VERY VERY CLOSE to the SDSU GAME!

Lets just say that.

YES, Stephen Austin will be televised, Cal Poly (via comcast) Western Illinois, SDSU and of course Minnesota on FSN.

Central Michigan will be on video at SideStreet like Ball State last year.

*OVER AND OUT*

Till
07-24-2007, 06:14 PM
So FSN will still carry the UM game rather than the Big 10 Network?

Greenie
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I think FSN is considered a "lower-tier" option compared to the Big Ten Network. It's a trickle-down effect (ABC>ESPN>Big Ten Network>FSN for example) and the Big Ten Network just announced their list of games. FYI: the Big Ten Network is 51% owned by the Big Ten and 49% owned by NewsCorp (Fox and DirecTv).

I have also heard the Gopher and Jacks games will be on FSN, and the Western Illinois game will be on video/audio webcast.

Herd Mentality
07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Central Michigan will be on video at SideStreet like Ball State last year.

The WHOLE game....with AUDIO this time?

imabison
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
The WHOLE game....with AUDIO this time?
I am pretty certain that they worked out the issues they had last year during the Ball State game.

tcbison
07-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I emailed Sara Tanke about hosting a party at Sensor's for the TV games and this is what she wrote.

There are several TV discussions happening. The Stephen F. Austin game
will be on FSN North. TV contracts have to mostly done by August 1st.
That is when we will have an answer about a satellite game. We might be
having several parties. :)
Sara
Sara A. Tanke
Program Director
NDSU Alumni Association

mn-bison
07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
At least three games on FSN, that would be great. More exposure in the cities, Iowa, SD, ND and Wisconson. Get our name out as much as possible...

onbison09
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Also good for fans outside of North Dakota. Sounds awesome!! Is the Big 10 network going to be on DirecTV? The Ball State game was on gobison.com last year and it had the whole game so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

BisonCountry
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Also good for fans outside of North Dakota. Sounds awesome!! Is the Big 10 network going to be on DirecTV? The Ball State game was on gobison.com last year and it had the whole game so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

The technical difficulties were on the part of Sidesteet not the webcast. It was a good 20 - 30 minutes into the game when they finally got the video going, but they were unable to get the audio.

Bisonguy
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Is Jeremy Jorgenson getting the job done?

SDbison
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Who is Jeremy Jorgenson?

BisonCountry
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Who is Jeremy Jorgenson?

He filled the newly created NDSU Director of Sales and Broadcasting position.

NDSUFREAK
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
This is just awesome news! Plus with basketball games probably coming up on FSN North if football is this is one hell of a plus for NDSU!!

++++++++++++

TheBisonator
07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Awesome news about all these games!! If the Western Illinois game is indeed on webcast, then I will only have to listen to two games (Miss. valley St. and Cal-Poly) on the radio this year!!!:D:D:D

Also good to know that we have a couple home games on TV too!!

NDSUFREAK
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Awesome news about all these games!! If the Western Illinois game is indeed on webcast, then I will only have to listen to two games (Miss. valley St. and Cal-Poly) on the radio this year!!!:D:D:D

Also good to know that we have a couple home games on TV too!!
I don't think valley state should be a must listen to game. but it could be the most exciting game of the year! :p :p

Shawn-O
07-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Yes.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/managex/index.asp?ArticleSource=418

sambini
07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
This is just awesome news! Plus with basketball games probably coming up on FSN North if football is this is one hell of a plus for NDSU!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KC_Hats
07-25-2007, 02:32 AM

It sure sounds like it. I give him a big :bow: :nod: :D :nod: :cool: :cheers:

lakesbison
07-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa

Give Me A Big Hug!!!

*bows*

onbison09
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa

Give Me A Big Hug!!!

*bows*

He's still got it. :)

Bisonguy
07-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa

Give Me A Big Hug!!!

*bows*

Settle for a high-five??

sambini
07-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Settle for a high-five?? A Michelob Golden Draft Light?

TheBisonator
07-27-2007, 01:06 AM
So is it confirmed?? IS SFA, Minn and SDSU all going to be on FSN?? PLEASE say it's so!!!

lakesbison
07-27-2007, 08:08 PM
NO INK on SDSU yet!! but I'd say 80%

sambini
07-30-2007, 06:50 AM
Get it done Lakes++++

Bisonguy
08-01-2007, 04:41 AM
So is it confirmed?? IS SFA, Minn and SDSU all going to be on FSN?? PLEASE say it's so!!!

It was confirmed on WDAY(via the NDSU SID office) tonight that the SFA game will be on FSN.

TheBisonator
08-01-2007, 05:04 AM
It was confirmed on WDAY(via the NDSU SID office) tonight that the SFA game will be on FSN.

Hey Bisonguy, do you know if there will be a replay of the game, like later that night?? I'd like to see the replay of the game, since I'll be at the game in person.

X-Factor
08-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Great news! Is this the first time our home opener has been televised?

heymch86
08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
no, a few years back WDAY televised a home opener, think the Lamar era

BISON Thunder
08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
FOX news reported last evening three games are scheduled for FSN (SFA, MN, and SDSU) and one other game "on a regional network".

badger04
08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn-O
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
FOX news reported last evening three games are scheduled for FSN (SFA, MN, and SDSU) and one other game "on a regional network".

I tip my green and white cap to those involved. Very impressive.

Hammersmith
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Just trying to summarize here:

So according to KVRR(FOX-Fargo), the UM, SFA, and SDSU games will be televised on FSN-North and, according to KFYR's(NBC-Bismarck) advertising department, KVLY will be televising the UCD and SHSU games*. Do I have that correct?

That means we'll have 3 games carried regionally and 2 games carried statewide. Has it been only three years since the usual one statewide televised game?

*The KVLY info comes from BisBison's post in the "Gopher Game, TV Schedule?" thread with a few assumptions of my own added in.

lakesbison
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
summerization CORRECT

with CMU & WEST ILLINOIS VIA webcast, hopefully COMCAST picks up CAL game.

THEN, every game is avail via TV/WEB expect Miss Val St.

WELCOME TO THE BIG TIME BOYS!!!

tcbison
08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Last year's UC Davis game was on TV(Comcast). I wonder if the Cal Poly game could be as well?

Edit: Sorry I posted this after lakesbison posted his comment on Cal Poly.

Hammersmith
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Last year's UC Davis game was on TV(Comcast). I wonder if the Cal Poly game could be as well?

Edit: Sorry I posted this after lakesbison posted his comment on Cal Poly.
I would be a bit suprised if Comcast SportsNet West picks up the CP game. Not only do they not have a history with CP, Comcast doesn't have service in the SLO market(they carry UCD games because CSN-W is channel 34 in Davis). If you go to http://west.comcastsportsnet.com/ncaa-schedule.asp, you'll see that CP isn't listed as a possible college partner while UCD, SJSU and Santa Clara are, among others. Of course, I would've never predicted five televised games by this point, so what the hell do I know?

Hammerhead
08-01-2007, 04:34 PM
This is awesome news for all of us DirecTV subscribers. Now I can justify getting the sports pack so I won't have to drag my dedicated wife to the bar every time the Bison are on TV.

Bisonguy
08-02-2007, 02:30 AM

FOX sports corrected themselves tonight and stated that ONLY the SFA game is confirmed to be on Fox Sports North. There might be others, but that's the only confirmed game.

NDSUFREAK
08-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Hey Bisonguy, do you know if there will be a replay of the game, like later that night?? I'd like to see the replay of the game, since I'll be at the game in person.
I'll probably be recording it myself on the computer (Windows Media Center) save it, burn it on DVDs, and ready to send out to others that want it!!

Schemer
08-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I emailed Sara Tanke about hosting a party at Sensor's for the TV games and this is what she wrote.

There are several TV discussions happening. The Stephen F. Austin game
will be on FSN North. TV contracts have to mostly done by August 1st.
That is when we will have an answer about a satellite game. We might be
having several parties. :)
Sara
Sara A. Tanke
Program Director
NDSU Alumni Association

I know Ms. Tanke - I went to college w/her!!!!

onbison09
08-03-2007, 03:57 AM
This is awesome news for all of us DirecTV subscribers. Now I can justify getting the sports pack so I won't have to drag my dedicated wife to the bar every time the Bison are on TV.

The sports pack is AMAZING. The only games I had to listen to Thunder Radio last year were GSU & UVSU. Great job to everyone involved.