PDA

View Full Version : 4 gophers GONE!

lakesbison
07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
http://www.startribune.com/gophers/story/1310759.html

even if they are found innocent, THEY HAVE TO BE GONE.

If you read the information, it makes you puke.

NDSUguy
07-18-2007, 08:47 PM

any thoughts on how this will affect our game with the goofs? Loosing a starting corner will not be good for them.

lakesbison
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
daniels was a returning rusher, and this WILL HURT them, but for us we just need to dink and dunk the ball with the passing game to beat them and control the line of scrimmage like last year.

GO BISON!

Tatanka
07-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, you can't complain about how Brewster handled the situation. He gained an ounce of my respect today.

SirHinn
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, you can't complain about how Brewster handled the situation. He gained an ounce of my respect today.

Did Brewster really have any choice though? Like Lakes said; if you actually read the facts of the case, it is absolutely appalling in what took place. Had Brewster not kicked them off the team, the media scrutiny against him would have been as strong as ever. I understand people being curious how this would effect their chances against the Gophs with the players being kicked off the team, but let's not forget someone was raped here. There are no winners in situations like this.

BisBison
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Did Brewster really have any choice though? Like Lakes said; if you actually read the facts of the case, it is absolutely appalling in what took place. Had Brewster not kicked them off the team, the media scrutiny against him would have been as strong as ever. I understand people being curious how this would effect their chances against the Gophs with the players being kicked off the team, but let's not forget someone was raped here. There are no winners in situations like this.

Well spoken; our's is after all just a game. This is disgusting. At least punky did the right thing here.

NDSUguy
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Well spoken; our's is after all just a game. This is disgusting. At least punky did the right thing here.

I can't argue with the approach that Punky took but we still need to remember that these four men have not been convicted of any crimes (as of yet). We can assume that they are guilty but this could very well turn out to be another Duke Lacrosse situation (not that I think it's likely).

As far as the media here in the Twin Cities is concerned. Most think that dismissing the players was the right thing to do BUT I have heard many media people say that they would not have been upset if they would have continued to be suspended until further information (or a conviction) took place.

Tatanka
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Did Brewster really have any choice though?
Well, actually, he did have a choice as to how he handled the situation, even if the outcome was to be the same. IMHO he handled it in a respectable fashion.

You can compare and contrast this with other schools' handling of other violations of student codes of conduct / team rules (not to mention state and federal laws) and it wouldn't take much effort to find coaches/programs/schools that handle things much much worse.

WYOBISONMAN
07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
A tough call by Brewster.....but the right call.

TheDoctor
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Definitely the right call! ;) Lets see if Vick gets booted now aswell! Fat chance! :D

WYOBISONMAN
07-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, Vick ought to be on the choppin' block too........

sambini
07-21-2007, 12:44 AM
bREWSTERS GOT BALLS GOOD JOB TIM+++

TheDoctor
07-21-2007, 01:06 AM
NO doubt in my mind that the Bison would do the same. ;)

02Bison
07-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Lakes, I can't believe you are trying to defend the players in this situation. They have a video showing the Jones kid raping the girl from one of the other player's cell phones.

Brewster has absolutely done the right thing here. Those guys don't deserve to have a scholarship, or to play football for the gophers. If Jones did what the video shows him doing, he deserves to be castrated as far as I'm concerned.

Way to go Brewster. Send a message to all your other players that this crap can not and will not be tolerated. That's the way it should be!

02Bison
07-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Remember Lakes, that playing football is a privilege. It is not a right!

Bisonguy
07-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Lakes, I can't believe you are trying to defend the players in this situation. They have a video showing the Jones kid raping the girl from one of the other player's cell phones.

Brewster has absolutely done the right thing here. Those guys don't deserve to have a scholarship, or to play football for the gophers. If Jones did what the video shows him doing, he deserves to be castrated as far as I'm concerned.

Way to go Brewster. Send a message to all your other players that this crap can not and will not be tolerated. That's the way it should be!

Where was Lakes even remotely trying to defend them? :confused:

He's approving the U's actions in the first post of this thread.

Bisonguy
07-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Remember Lakes, that playing football is a privilege. It is not a right!

See post above ^^

02Bison
07-21-2007, 02:38 PM
See post above ^^

Where he said, he would puke because they are gone even if found innocent. I would puke if they are found innocent. Its on video. He's guilty and his buddies are guilty by association. They were with him and they didn't stop him from doing what he did. The true atrocity today is that even with evidence proving guilt, someone can continue to be presumed innocent and ultimately found innocent.

Bisonguy
07-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Where he said, he would puke because they are gone even if found innocent. I would puke if they are found innocent. Its on video. He's guilty and his buddies are guilty by association. They were with him and they didn't stop him from doing what he did. The true atrocity today is that even with evidence proving guilt, someone can continue to be presumed innocent and ultimately found innocent.

I believe that's more in line with the first post of this thread.

They haven't been found guilty in a court of law, but justice was served at the level of the football team.

Gothmog
07-21-2007, 07:46 PM

That's not the way I read the post at all.

It seemed to me that Lakes was agreeing with the players getting kicked off the team, and that the behavior of the players was enough to make you puke.

TransAmBison
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
That's not the way I read the post at all.

It seemed to me that Lakes was agreeing with the players getting kicked off the team, and that the behavior of the players was enough to make you puke.
I'm with you there. I think 02Bison just got a little too excited and didn't read what Lakes actually said.

56BISON73
07-22-2007, 01:23 AM

I cant believe Im doing this but------reread the post.

I dont see how some could have come to that conclusion from Lakes post.

sambini
07-22-2007, 01:54 AM

I agree PL Lakes wasn't that bad.

TransAmBison
07-22-2007, 03:32 AM

I do believe Lakes has made a big change. I enjoy his enthusiasm and actually look forward to his posts now. As far as I'm concerned, Lakes have a ball...proceed.

sambini
07-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Lakes Is A Changed Man. And A Bison Super Fan+++++

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 07:05 AM
I guess I'll finally say it. Yes, Lakes has changed for the better. He does bring good material and is no longer offensive. ;)

sambini
07-22-2007, 07:37 AM
my oh my.....

56BISON73
07-22-2007, 04:19 PM
I guess I'll finally say it. Yes, Lakes has changed for the better. He does bring good material and is no longer offensive. ;)

This is killing me but I have to agree.:banghead: Ya gotta give credit where credit is due. :nod: PL

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 06:48 PM
This is killing me but I have to agree.:banghead: Ya gotta give credit where credit is due. :nod: PL

:D :D :D :D :D I know how hard it is. ;)

sambini
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Lakes has turned over a new leaf?

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 06:01 AM
The material he brings isn't as overshadowed by sheer stupidity anymore. ;)