PDA

View Full Version : Brewster and the Gophs......

WYOBISONMAN
07-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I have it from an inside source that Brewster is talking fast and furious to Maturi about no more FCS games ever......the guy really must be committed to what he was yapping about earlier this summer.

PantherHawk
07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
After today's events, he may be done talking.

http://media.startribune.com/smedia/2007/07/16/16/testingJuly-16-2007.source.prod_affiliate.2.pdf

lakesbison
07-17-2007, 12:56 AM
This is gonna be a COMPLETE MESS... 1280 kfan, had barriero AND hartman going off about the gophs situation.

dom jones is basically SCREWED (no pun intended) and the other 3 could be implicated as accomplices, dam that's not good at all!!!

P.S- Roadwarrior gimme a bit, ill post you Maturi's response to MY personal email about 2 months ago when Punky was in Fargo.

NDSUFREAK
07-17-2007, 01:38 AM
let them talk about themselves this entire time. i don't really care just so it distracts them from their seaosn

ChamplinParkBison
07-17-2007, 01:43 AM
For all parties considered I hope they can sort out these distractions. It just goes to show that the gophers probably did a good thing firing Mason.

Michael Floyd = NDSU

Flintstone
07-17-2007, 02:23 AM
For all parties considered I hope they can sort out these distractions. It just goes to show that the gophers probably did a good thing firing Mason.

Michael Floyd = NDSU

We can all dream about Michael Floyd coming to NDSU but in reality Michael Floyd = Notre Dame. I don't think Minnesota was ever a serious contender for him and he was quoted in the Minneapolis papers last week stating that he didn't enjoy his visits to the U of M and they were not one of his four finalists.

Maybe Sam Maresh will have a change of heart and decide to come play with his brother.

ChamplinParkBison
07-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Flintstone I know that Floyd wouldn't end up here, but its always fun to envision right? At Mike's wedding a few weekends back there were plenty of current bison players there to talk to Sam, so who knows what could happen. Hey LAKES what did you think our chances are of landing Mobley... ;)

lakesbison
07-17-2007, 05:33 AM
i know MOBLEY will listen, because I have heard his coach mention NDSU....................but I'm afraid he will want BIG TEN Im afraid.

WYOBISON----

LakesBison,

Don't think Coach Brewster is afraid of NDSU - certainly not if he is looking to
replace with a BCS opponent as he states. In our talks he wants to "upgrade"
the schedule for recruiting purposes and because he has heard from many fans
their opposition of our present schedule. *** Ultimately this is my decision and,
if we continue to play a IAA (now Championship Division) game NDSU will be
included.****

Joel Maturi

WYOBISONMAN
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info Lakes.....

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Michael Floyd = NDSU

Man, I need some of what you are smoking.......

WildBill
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
i know MOBLEY will listen, because I have heard his coach mention NDSU....................but I'm afraid he will want BIG TEN Im afraid.

WYOBISON----

LakesBison,

Don't think Coach Brewster is afraid of NDSU - certainly not if he is looking to
replace with a BCS opponent as he states. In our talks he wants to "upgrade"
the schedule for recruiting purposes and because he has heard from many fans
their opposition of our present schedule. *** Ultimately this is my decision and,
if we continue to play a IAA (now Championship Division) game NDSU will be
included.****

Joel Maturi

No offense Lakes,but Mobley is talking to Big Ten teams and national powers like Florida and UCLA,USC. he may or may not become a Gopher,but there is no way he'll ever become a Bison.

lakesbison
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Ya . I Figured So. . I Just Thought It Was Cool To Hear NDSU in his list from da coach at um fball camp. . maresh is da guy that we can hope MITE change his mind. .

WildBill
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Ya . I Figured So. . I Just Thought It Was Cool To Hear NDSU in his list from da coach at um fball camp. . maresh is da guy that we can hope MITE change his mind. .

Not likely. He has offers from National powers as well. You are putting way too much stock in the fact his brother goes to NDSU.

Bison Dan
07-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Not likely. He has offers from National powers as well. You are putting way too much stock in the fact his brother goes to NDSU.

Yea that means nothing!

WildBill
07-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Yea that means nothing!

pretty much

PantherHawk
07-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Thought you guys might like this story:

http://www.startribune.com/508/story/1315706.html

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Nice find Panther! Can't wait to face "Honest Abe" on the 21st! ;)

sambini
07-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Very good Pantherhawk++++

Yo
07-22-2007, 07:23 PM
This column definately shows the arrogant attitude of Brewster.

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 08:15 PM

You mean "Honest Abe" right :D??? ;)

WildBill
07-22-2007, 08:50 PM
You guys do realize that Reusse is a columnist,right?

WildBill
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM

How? An article by an opinionated columnist proves what? You're grasping at straws,guys.

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 11:02 PM
How? An article by an opinionated columnist proves what? You're grasping at straws,guys.

To continue to grasp at straws here....Does your name insinuate that you are not a fan of Bohl as our coach???? ;)

WildBill
07-23-2007, 12:32 AM
To continue to grasp at straws here....Does your name insinuate that you are not a fan of Bohl as our coach???? ;)

Play on words,son. Don't read too much into it

TheDoctor
07-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Just checking! ;)

sambini
07-23-2007, 03:40 AM
You guys do realize that Reusse is a columnist,right? A very good writer++++

WildBill
07-23-2007, 04:02 AM
A very good writer++++

Thanks for the entertainment. He's worse than Senile Sid

TheDoctor
07-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the entertainment. He's worse than Senile Sid

Ouch! Now thats an insult! ;)

sambini
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the entertainment. He's worse than Senile Sid He tells it like he sees it...

PantherHawk
07-23-2007, 12:38 PM
He tells it like he sees it...

Exactly, there is not one disputable fact in his article, unlike what Sidiot spews!! I still love Sidiot's story last year about how the Big 10 apologized to the goofers for "allowing" Penn State to kick their a@@!! The Big 10 Com's Office slammed his flabby old rear right into the hot seat for that one!!

Here is another great goofer related story that smacks of filth and desperation:

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1317719.html

RodentiaX
07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
The article shows Reusse's arrogance, not Brewster's. It's just a typical Reusse article that he mails in. The first half of the article isn't even about Brewster, he just fills space by talking about Lincoln, Monson and Holtz.

In what little content there is in the column, Reusse "wonders" why this happened if Brewster was holding players accountable. Reusse must not understand the concept of accountability. Accountability is how you respond after someone has done something. It's not possible to force people to behave properly in advance.

He further claims that "establishing a culture of accountability" implies that it had not existed under Mason. This is false. A new coach has to establish everything all over again.

He claims to take exception with Maturi's comments, but they were what any AD in the country would have said.

There exists no way of handling this situation that would have pleased Reusse. The only appropriate response to a column like this is a big yawn, it's just a typical Reusse column.

SDbison
07-23-2007, 04:25 PM
The article shows Reusse's arrogance, not Brewster's. It's just a typical Reusse article that he mails in. The first half of the article isn't even about Brewster, he just fills space by talking about Lincoln, Monson and Holtz.

In what little content there is in the column, Reusse "wonders" why this happened if Brewster was holding players accountable. Reusse must not understand the concept of accountability. Accountability is how you respond after someone has done something. It's not possible to force people to behave properly in advance.

He further claims that "establishing a culture of accountability" implies that it had not existed under Mason. This is false. A new coach has to establish everything all over again.

He claims to take exception with Maturi's comments, but they were what any AD in the country would have said.

There exists no way of handling this situation that would have pleased Reusse. The only appropriate response to a column like this is a big yawn, it's just a typical Reusse column.

I think the article makes some good points. Gopher fans are worshiping Brewster like he is the second coming of Lou Holtz, which he is not. Even Holtz wasn't that great. Minnesota needs to BUILD a solid foundation for football and then try to ESTABLISH a winning tradition. Playing all the PR crap to the max and selling the fans and media on gimmicks is BS. Brewster is young and inexperienced and he is going to make a lot of mistakes early in his career even if he is someday going to become a great coach. Minnesota will have to grow along with him. Get real......the Rose Bowl is out of reach for Minnesota for at least 3 years.
BTW, why do you even follow the Bison if you are such a big Gopher fan Rodentia?

WildBill
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the article makes some good points. Gopher fans are worshiping Brewster like he is the second coming of Lou Holtz, which he is not. Even Holtz wasn't that great. Minnesota needs to BUILD a solid foundation for football and then try to ESTABLISH a winning tradition. Playing all the PR crap to the max and selling the fans and media on gimmicks is BS. Brewster is young and inexperienced and he is going to make a lot of mistakes early in his career even if he is someday going to become a great coach. Minnesota will have to grow along with him. Get real......the Rose Bowl is out of reach for Minnesota for at least 3 years.
BTW, why do you even follow the Bison if you are such a big Gopher fan Rodentia?

You lost most credibility when you said Holtz wasn't that great. he was dirty as hell,but Holtz was a great salesman and recruiter. You gotta remember he took over ND when no one wanted to go there. In college football you are only as good as the staff you employ. Brewster has a solid staff. He'll do fine. One more thing,Gary Barnett took Northwestern to the Rose Bowl,so anything is possible. As far as worshipping,i'd say no. When you go from a coach like mason who was virtually invisible to a guy like Brewster,whois very public,there is bound to be excitement.

RodentiaX
07-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Maybe he will make mistakes, but there is no reason to assume that he will make mistakes. Public relations is an essential part of a coaches job. Would you feel the same if the roles were reversed? Would you expect a new Bison coach not to aggressively promote the team? Would you expect a new Bison coach to wear sackcloth and ashes, and renounce any chance of winning for a few years? I don't expect that you would, any coach with low expectations is probably a poor hire.

As for why I follow the Bison, I wasn't aware that I needed your permission. My father and brother went to NDSU (I went to Bemidji), and I became interested in the Bison when they announced the move to D-I. I go to Bison games when I have a chance. I root for NDSU whenever they aren't playing Minnesota.

Goldy93
07-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Reusse is a tool. He basically calls the entire state a bunch of gullible idiots. They definitely are if they read him and believe his crap. Read other "articles" by Reusse and you will quickly realize that he has a STRONG dislike for Brewster. If anyone can find anything positive or even neutral that he has ever printed about Brewster I would like to see it. So, whatever happens that involves the football program, Reusse will put his own negative spin on it and say everyone else is an idiot for not siding with him. I guess you have to realize he is writing an opinion column, not a sports column.

bisonaudit
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Ruesse doesn't have much of a choice. Someone has to be the anti-Sid.

sambini
07-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Didn't Pat write one of Sids books?

PantherHawk
08-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Brewster won the award for loudest coach, addressing the reporters like he was at a pep rally with booming enthusiasm. He proudly proclaimed that the new Gopher staff had visited all 392 high schools in Minnesota, more than 100 stops made by Brewster himself.
He was particularly fired up about Minnesota's rivalry games: the Little Brown Jug with Michigan and Paul Bunyan's Axe with Wisconsin.
"Make no mistake about it, we're going to get the jug," Brewster said, noticing Wolverine coach Lloyd Carr in the back of the room. "Lloyd knows that. Wisconsin knows we're going to get the axe."

WildBill
08-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Brewster won the award for loudest coach, addressing the reporters like he was at a pep rally with booming enthusiasm. He proudly proclaimed that the new Gopher staff had visited all 392 high schools in Minnesota, more than 100 stops made by Brewster himself.
He was particularly fired up about Minnesota's rivalry games: the Little Brown Jug with Michigan and Paul Bunyan's Axe with Wisconsin.
"Make no mistake about it, we're going to get the jug," Brewster said, noticing Wolverine coach Lloyd Carr in the back of the room. "Lloyd knows that. Wisconsin knows we're going to get the axe."

Notice how he didn't even mention Iowa?

PantherHawk
08-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Edited for content- Lay off the personal attacks!!

Tatanka
08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Hmmmm.... in another context this isn't such a good thing, now is it? :)

SDbison
08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Beat me to it Tatanka........I was thinking maybe a glimpse into the future for Brewster once all his hype meets the reality that he has no experience at head coach and recruiting to play at lowly Minnesota is tougher than he first thought. Way to go Goofers. You will lose to NDSU this year!

PantherHawk
08-01-2007, 06:06 PM

LOL......axe them from the Big 10 and replace with a team who actually has a future like NDSU or UNI!!!!!!!!

SirHinn
08-01-2007, 09:31 PM
He did however, mention you! Said "you are the best 'backdoor' man he has encountered since arriving in minisoDUH!"

You should try talking about Bison football just once without mentioning the all your negative feelings towards the Gophs or attacking people who do support Gopher football.

56BISON73
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
He did however, mention you! Said "you are the best 'backdoor' man he has encountered since arriving in minisoDUH!"

Panther whats your problem???? You seem to be getting more obnoxious as time goes by. Also take your agnst about the Gophers to another venue. This isnt the place for it. PL

WildBill
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Panther whats your problem???? You seem to be getting more obnoxious as time goes by. Also take your agnst about the Gophers to another venue. This isnt the place for it. PL

That's his game guys. he can't take it anywhere else,he has been banned pretty much everywhere

PantherHawk
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
That's his game guys. he can't take it anywhere else,he has been banned pretty much everywhere

So I am not suppossed to respond to personal attacks from garbage like Mrs NoBalls here?

56BISON73
08-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Do we have an ignore feature here? PL

SDbison
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Do we have an ignore feature here? PL
Nobohl is kind of a smarta$$ too! Can we get an ignore feature for him? Again, here we go with the censorship debate. I don't think anything has got too excessive here yet. Let the moderators do their job if and when necessary.

WildBill
08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
So I am not suppossed to respond to personal attacks from garbage like Mrs NoBalls here?

If it's not true,i will voluntarily leave this board never to return. I have never personally attcked you,yet i read garbage like this

You tell me what is definetly out of line.

PantherHawk
08-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Edited for content- No personal attacks. This is warning #2!

56BISON73
08-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Nobohl is kind of a smarta$$ too! Can we get an ignore feature for him? Again, here we go with the censorship debate. I don't think anything has got too excessive here yet. Let the moderators do their job if and when necessary.

There should be no debate on censorship because if I choose to put someone on ignore its a personal choice and has no effect on you or the rest of the board. Nobody is stopping him from posting. The ignore feature is for those that dont want to wade through his posts. Its pretty simple.PL

PantherHawk
08-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Edited for content- No personal attacks. This is warning #2!
How many do I get???! :)

How many does nobell have???

PantherHawk
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I have it from an inside source that Brewster is talking fast and furious to Maturi about no more FCS games ever......the guy really must be committed to what he was yapping about earlier this summer.
Yapping @ Honest Ebb's Used Car Lot:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=699203

KC Bison
08-09-2007, 01:31 AM
When you think Brewster .. think Jim Wacker ... not Lou Holtz.

lakesbison
08-09-2007, 02:33 AM
pantherhawk!!! DUDE!! dont get banned!!! i didnt like when I got banned!!

PantherHawk
08-09-2007, 02:51 AM
pantherhawk!!! DUDE!! dont get banned!!! i didnt like when I got banned!!
"Banned?" I've been a good boy since warning #2!!!!! I'll just have to come back as PantherBison...........that would drive the goofs over the edge!

sambini
08-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Lakes have you been to Collegeville scouting the Goofers?