PDA

View Full Version : Next Season!!!

GetSerious
07-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I think a new coach is just what NDSU needed as far as baseball goes....I believe McLeod was a great guy and knows baseball very well but sometimes I think he was dedicated more to his family (which honestly he should be!)

I truly think that NDSU will be over .500 after next year barring an extremly tough OOC schedule...they will compete real well with all of the teams in the Mid-Con and also it will add a light bit of fire when you are actually playing for something!!! These last 3 year the players have had nothing to look forward to as far as regular season games go because honestly they really don't matter!!!!

I also think this team is going to have some real good leadership and doesn't lose much from last years team....

08' Predictions:
C- Gavin Hofer: cannon for an arm and a true ladies man!!!!
1B- Sebastain Miles: real solid hitter who was robbed countless times in 07'
2B- Ricky Hefflinger: Although he doesn't like carpets, he is a talented player!
SS- Matt Mossey: Will be one of the top SS in the confrence
3B- Ryan Langlais: Great, as long as he leaves Triple Threat in BOISE!
LF- Kenny Besse: Expecting big things!!!
CF- Kyle Harrison: Real solid and fast OF, redshirted last year!
RF- Billy "The Goose" Gazich: Got all the tool's, new coach=no head games!!!
DH/OF/C- Kole "Old Balls" Zimmerman: Man among boys!!!
DH/1B- Mike Germian: Country feed over grown beast!!

With a solid group of players like this and adding guys on the bench who will definetly see some time and may even start this team will be solid I promise you that!!!

Pitching has always been an issue at NDSU except last year when they were probably the best they have been for many years!!! They lost no pitchers from last years team and will gain the arms of Williams and Bushland!

sambini
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome Get Serious to Bisonville.

Yo
07-17-2007, 11:43 PM
What about Billy Sholl from Fargo South? What is your opinion about him?

bisonpride2k
07-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Needs to redshirt. Will be better off being a year stronger besides having the chance to be playoff eligible for an extra year. Outfield is too crowded to get enough playing time to not redshirt him. Beese, Gazich, Harison, Demgen.

Yo
07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Thank you for your opinion.

bisonball
07-19-2007, 03:51 AM
considering harrison is leaning towards not playing next year the outfield is hardly crowded. i agree a redshirt would be great for any player to continue to develope, but i have seen sholl play multiple times and he could certainly contribute immediately.

sambini
07-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Billy Sholl was a good football player also. He comes from a winning program. Good luck Billy+++

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Mongo got retained by the coach so that's definately exciting news. Jake Laber dominated the Cal Ripken Senior baseball league leading it in strikeouts and innings pitched as well. Should be exciting to watch them next year.

MinotBison
08-18-2007, 04:04 AM
I wonder if the Bison would have any chance of signing Zach Elgie from up here in Minot? He'll be a senior this fall. He has 30+ HR's this year in Legion ball.

He's also a QB/LB in football. I've heard the Bison have some interest in him in the defensive backfield area, but I think longterm baseball is where his future is. I'm thinking he might be looking at bigger schools than Fargo to pursue a baseball career, but who knows?

sambini
08-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Minot Bison there must be some other players on that Legion team also?

GetSerious
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I also know of a kid who played a year ago that was going to be the next Travis Hafner.....The kid hit over 20+ homeruns in high school and he was going to be a "stud." Just never panned out I guess...since he is currently not with the team anymore!!!!

I will quote an individual on this "He will be the next Travis Hafner and the guy hit 500+ foot homeruns in high school." Man this do must be a "stud"

bisonball
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Get Serious... you can't forget about "the god of 2000 people."

DofR
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
My, Oh My...how bout "I know kung-fu"

twoyearwonder
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
who is going to make routine catches look impossible next year?

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
10-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Can't wait to play the new schools. Chi State was such a drag. We "no-hit" them like 3 times and their RPI always helped rob us of better seeding in the tourney. The sad thing was their schools athletic department never tried to get them any home games, I always feel bad for those guys, good guys, but not a team we looked forward to playing, even if we always beat them. Also, not to knock VU, because they are a good school, but that got old fast, it was never in doubt. We want some new competition, hopefully all the new schools will bring the same level of progress that W. Illinois and centenary have brought lately.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
I think that over time the addition of NDSU and SDSU will add to the strength of the conference. NDSU needs to get the commitment of the athletic department to continue investing and progressing and I think that we will end up being a quality D-I program sometime soon and SDSU is already a step or two ahead of us in that regard.

bisonpride2k
10-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes SDSU has put more money into their program. However I disagree that they are farther along then NDSU. When they have gone head to head the past two years it has been virtually even with wins and losses after the completion of both series. The only difference is the better record for SDSU because they have played a lighter schedule. They were able to do that because they have been given the funding to be able to go play a lighter schedule and not rely on the larger guarantees from bigger schools like NDSU has had to do to offset its travel expense.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I think getting to the point where the athletic department acknowledges your program enough to give you any sort of a travel budget qualifies as being a step ahead. SDSU is not on some other sort of level from NDSU, but I'd say that they are slightly ahead of us at this point. Just my perspective. Either way, I think that both of these schools will be competitive against all the teams in the league except maybe ORU.

sambini
12-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Good Luck Bison ++++++++

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-24-2007, 01:11 PM
April 4-6. :hungry:

sambini
12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Home Opener???

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-25-2007, 12:55 AM
No sir, our home opener is February 29th against LeMoyne. April 4-6 is when we are having Bison for dinner.:nod:

Seriously though, I am ready to see the bison in action, cougars & crusaders for the bison & bunnies, good trade, lets go!

bisonpride2k
12-25-2007, 01:35 AM
No sir, our home opener is February 29th against LeMoyne. April 4-6 is when we are having Bison for dinner.:nod:

Seriously though, I am ready to see the bison in action, cougars & crusaders for the bison & bunnies, good trade, lets go!

Before the series...:praying: After the series...:hide:

ORU is that good! We will have our hands full! Not saying we cant pull out a game but our pitching depth will be thin for the 4 game series which conference weekends are. Laber could throw a gem and would need someone else to step up.

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-25-2007, 03:13 AM
We are really going to have to find a heavy hitter to replace "The Chad" a slugger and Regional MVP who ran out of eligibility along with a few other game-changers, which is why i think our pre-season ranking is so low (40) as opposed to top 25. Honestly, I just like coming around here to talk trash because before the Dakotas addition to the summit, no team other than ORU had a baseball forum! I'm just excited to have a school who takes it seriously, win or lose, improvements will come, I just hate to see a bunch of kids playing diamond-ball with zero support from the administration, it hurts to watch (i.e. Chicago state).

So its good to have some fellow summit fans who actually care what happens on the diamond.

We still have a few pieces to put together but have 5 positional starters back, so it should shape up pretty quick and we should be ready for the summit come April!

sambini
12-25-2007, 04:08 AM
Welcome to the board and Merry Christmas. I hope you all got your power back on down there.

bisoneer
12-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey can you get a pocket size schedule anywhere for Baseball?? I need to go to a game!!!!!!!!!!

sambini
12-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Ask Troy in the athletic department.

roadwarrior
12-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Hope to see a lot more fans out for the baseball games next spring, as we start Summit League play. Remember, Teammakers get free admission.

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-25-2007, 09:25 PM
How many does your stadium seat? Good concessions? Alcohol allowed? What the 411?

lakesbison
12-25-2007, 09:52 PM
we had 1200 for Minnesota Gophers (which we won and it was a BLAST!!)

holds 5500 I believe. www.fmredhawks.com << the 411 is there on the stadium.

NO ALCOHOL which SUCKS!! most people have a beer or 2 at buffalo wild wings and walk down 2-3 blocks.

tailgating would be nice, but its all student parking lots around there.

its a gorgeous stadium..

Hammersmith
12-26-2007, 05:53 AM
How many does your stadium seat? Good concessions? Alcohol allowed? What the 411?

Newman Outdoor Field seats just over 4,500, with 12 luxury boxes, and was built primarily for our local minor league team, the Fargo/Moorhead RedHawks. The RedHawks are part of the independant Northern League which is currently in danger of collapse due to the recent loss to two teams, leaving only six remaining. The stadium is located on NDSU's campus, in the middle of its greater athletic complex, and opened in 1996. The record crowd for a NDSU game was 1,019 in 2006 against Minnesota, and last year's season average was 255 per game over 12 home dates. Only 6 games have broken 500 since 1997, and only 3(all against Minnesota) since the DI move.

As was previously stated, we're a dry campus for the most part, so no beer served at the game. The RedHawks games have pretty good concessions(Cloverdale dogs - quite good, Dominos Pizza - not so good, Famous Dave's, beer, etc.) due to their high season average(3,620) and good number of sellouts(167 of 529). I can't imagine that NDSU games have nearly the variety, though I haven't been to one in a while.

It's a beautiful stadium, though normally empty for NDSU games.

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I couldn't find an image on Google, but it sounds like a good stadium. We have a beautiful field, easily the best of the Mid-Con, but now that the Dakotas and IPFW are in, I'm not sure we can claim that honor anymore. Our stadium is outdated, the concessions are reasonably serviceable, and being a small religious school, we are a dry stadium as well.http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/pics5/0/ON/ONVNXCQXEYNZAFJ.20070719182356.jpg

Thats ours, but in spite of the fact that we have an awesome team, attendance is never that impressive unless we play a close rival like Arkansas, Wichita State, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State.:banghead:

Bisonguy
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Newman Outdoor Field:

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics24/0/ET/ETOBJLMNPTNHPYB.20071101203020.gif

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics21/0/VU/VUKQOGCNSBAWQJL.20071101203103.gif

And a linky with a Quicktime panoramic view- http://www.fmredhawks.com/about/stadium.php

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
you have no idea how goof it is to see a summit school with a good looking field. That looks like a nice diamond. If any of you guys go to baseball games at S. Utah or Centenary, you'll see what I mean.

NDSUFREAK
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah, its a fantastic baseball field. one of the best

99Bison
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah, its a fantastic baseball field. one of the best

Yes it's really fabulous. A great stadium all around.

TheDoctor
01-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Yes it's really fabulous. A great stadium all around.

Because of this, why NDSU chooses not to market baseball at all is beyond me. ;)

lakesbison
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
SELL BEER AT NEWMAN

ATTENDANCE would be 1500-2000/game.. I GUARANTEE THAT!!

You gotta have a beer at a baseball game, cripes. half the players are 21 or over anyways!!

roadwarrior
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
SELL BEER AT NEWMAN

ATTENDANCE would be 1500-2000/game.. I GUARANTEE THAT!!

You gotta have a beer at a baseball game, cripes. half the players are 21 or over anyways!!

That would be great! Sambini could fill a cooler for the dugout!

sambini
01-08-2008, 04:30 AM
That would be great! Sambini could fill a cooler for the dugout!
BUD SELECT MICHELOB GOLDEN LIGHT FOR SD BISON

NDSU1980
01-16-2008, 03:01 AM
I saw somewhere on the net that the NCAA made a rule change on scholies for D1 baseball. Something like every player has to get at least a 1/4 full scholarship, and if you transfer, you have to sit out a year. Few other things too, but can't remember everything. Seemed like it was designed to force more money in baseball.

Greenie
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Every student on scholarship must receive at least a 25% scholarship. Max of 27 players on scholarship. Max of 35 players on the team. The DI scholarship max for baseball is 11.7. Transfers from one DI school to another have to sit out a year (just like basketball and football).

jeffdaryl3rd
01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
The Summit coaches picked NDSU to finish 7th in the league this year. SDSU picked 4th. Despite losing Mossey, I think that this team can do better than 7th, but I could be wrong as usual.

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=706&SPSID=12103

d3boys
01-31-2008, 11:49 PM
The Summit coaches picked NDSU to finish 7th in the league this year. SDSU picked 4th. Despite losing Mossey, I think that this team can do better than 7th, but I could be wrong as usual.

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=706&SPSID=12103

its good to be picked 7th, then we can sneak up on them
we're coming

bisonpride2k
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Take #4-#7, put all of them in a hat and you have equally as good a chance at ranking how they will finish as you would picking them.

ORU has no competition at one.

Western and Centenary are probably a step above but definately not above being split for the weekend against NDSU (with two good pitching performances, Laber and ? who is going to emerge) or the others. Some one could slide ahead of one of those at three.

Everything after those three is a jumble.

TheDoctor
02-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Take #4-#7, put all of them in a hat and you have equally as good a chance at ranking how they will finish as you would picking them.

ORU has no competition at one.

Western and Centenary are probably a step above but definately not above being split for the weekend against NDSU (with two good pitching performances, Laber and ? who is going to emerge) or the others. Some one could slide ahead of one of those at three.

Everything after those three is a jumble.

?-------------Ryan Williams or Matt Bowar are my picks to shine. ;)

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I cannot wait until we get to play you guys (and the bunnies)!

You both seem to have great stadiums and we've got the reigning POY in the outfield(senior), first-team all-league selections Adam Younger (.278, 39 RBI) and Brian Van Kirk (.299, 9 HR, 40 RBI), and second-team member Kelly Minissale (.316, 43 RBI, .399 OB%), an all American pitcher (sophomore), and the national teams coach, and a decent pre-season national ranking to christen you in your summit debut.

( a little bit of trash talking never hurt anybody.)

I can't wait! Who is ready for some baseball!

sambini
02-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I cannot wait until we get to play you guys (and the bunnies)!

You both seem to have great stadiums and we've got the reigning POY in the outfield(senior), first-team all-league selections Adam Younger (.278, 39 RBI) and Brian Van Kirk (.299, 9 HR, 40 RBI), and second-team member Kelly Minissale (.316, 43 RBI, .399 OB%), an all American pitcher (sophomore), and the national teams coach, and a decent pre-season national ranking to christen you in your summit debut.

( a little bit of trash talking never hurt anybody.)

I can't wait! Who is ready for some baseball! Its been a long winter.

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
no doubt. Soon we'll have baseball and basketball to be excited about. It makes the weeks seem less drawn out as there is always something to check out. If only we had a football team......

lucky bison....

TheDoctor
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
no doubt. Soon we'll have baseball and basketball to be excited about. It makes the weeks seem less drawn out as there is always something to check out. If only we had a football team......

lucky bison....

I never really thought about the fact that you don't have football. So this time of year (March Madness / start of baseball) is the most exciting time of year for sports at OR I assume. Good luck to you guys...especially in basketball, I think you guys could win a game or 2 in the tourney. ;)

GetSerious
02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Quit getting on the NDSU blogs and start focusing on developing PE teachers would ya.....GEEZ !!!!!

TheDoctor
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Quit getting on the NDSU blogs and start focusing on developing PE teachers would ya.....GEEZ !!!!!

02-03-2008, 02:47 PM was a Sunday afternoon! I have to take a break sometimes. Your right though, developing teachers is hard work, but someone has got to do it! ;)