PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Named Associate Head Coach

TheDoctor
07-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Congratulations to Jamie on being promoted to Associate Head Coach. ;)

sambini
07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Congratulations to Jamie on being promoted to Associate Head Coach. ;)
Good Luck Jamie++++

Ivy
07-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Why are they changing all of the assistant coaches to Associate Head Coach? I get it with Kelly Layman as she has been here forever and deserves a title change, but now they seem to do it with everyone...even those sports like softball and soccer that don't have many assistants. Could someone explain why they are doing this? I also think the title itself is confusing. Why not just say assistant head coach like football?

TheDoctor
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing! Basketball, Soccer and Softball in the last two months. Seems strange. ;)

eddie
07-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Perhaps they are lining these associate head coaches up in order to make it easier to create more full-time assistants coaching positions (i.e. soccer, softball, baseball) down the road. Or possibly in enhance these coaches current jobs a bit in order to try and keep them in Fargo.

Why are they changing all of the assistant coaches to Associate Head Coach? I get it with Kelly Layman as she has been here forever and deserves a title change, but now they seem to do it with everyone...even those sports like softball and soccer that don't have many assistants. Could someone explain why they are doing this? I also think the title itself is confusing. Why not just say assistant head coach like football?

TheDoctor
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
That has to be the most intelligent 1st post I have ever seen out of anyone! I would agree with all of that! ;)

Hammersmith
07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
It also could be coming out of the self-study NDSU is preparing for DI admission or there might be some campus politics in play to make the athletic's promotion structure match the academic's. (Personally, I think eddie's guess is the best.)

BTW, it looks like all sports except golf have their coaching slots filled out(there are NCAA limits on how many coaches you can have). I don't know how many of the current asst coaches are part-time, but making them full-time is apparently the only improvement possible for most NDSU sports.

TheDoctor
07-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Possibly. Academically you are correct. Since our D1 move, lecturer hires have become nonexistant. Either they are hired to a tenure track position, or hired as Instructors which means the Ph.D. is not quite complete and they have a short timeline to get done before becoming a tenure track position or if "god forbid" they don't complete in that time frame, they lose their job.

sambini
08-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the insight B1son+++ Back to work next week?

TheDoctor
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Working hard already! ;)