PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be the Starters?

CaBisonFan
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Perhaps this has been done before...but if you want...name your starting lineup on defense and offense. If you have the time, I'd like to know their year in school...and if you have even more time, some comments about the ability of each player.

Just got back from a visit to Mayville. My mother is in the rest home there. She still knows who I am...which is either good or bad news for her. Just kidding.

Went fishing at Devils Lake. Of course...everyone caught their limit the day before.

Thanks.

56BISON73
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Perhaps this has been done before...but if you want...name your starting lineup on defense and offense. If you have the time, I'd like to know their year in school...and if you have even more time, some comments about the ability of each player.

Just got back from a visit to Mayville. My mother is in the rest home there. She still knows who I am...which is either good or bad news for her. Just kidding.

Went fishing at Devils Lake. Of course...everyone caught their limit the day before.

Thanks.

Caught your limit of???? Walleye???? Perch????? How far is Devils Lake from Fargo??? PL

Bison Dan
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Caught your limit of???? Walleye???? Perch????? How far is Devils Lake from Fargo??? PL

Around 160 miles

CaBisonFan
07-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Walleye...it was the old 'should've been here yesterday' thing. It's the history of my fishing luck. I caught 2 small ones. No perch.

CaBisonFan
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM

Devils Lake is one of the best walleye spots in the upper midwest. Nothing in Minnesota can match it.

56BISON73
07-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Devils Lake is one of the best walleye spots in the upper midwest. Nothing in Minnesota can match it.

Thanks!!!! I will try and get there next year. I try to fish one new place every year.
Question---Is the lake still swallowijng up land out there? I had read something to that effect a couple of years ago. PL

WildBill
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM

There are some great spots in MN equal to Devils lake. But,you're right devils lake is a great spot

SDbison
07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
There are some great spots in MN equal to Devils lake. But,you're right devils lake is a great spot
Staying right on topic (this is the fishing thread, correct?)...........
The reservoirs on the Missouri River in South Dakota are pretty good for Walleye. I have made three trips so far this year and our boat has limited out, or nearly limted out, every time. Other than good eating size, 16 to 20 inch, occasionally catch some nice sized Walleye.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
07-12-2007, 05:25 PM

I would beg to differ. Nothing tops the Lake of the Woods in Northern Minnesota and Southern Ontario. The fishing may be close, but the scenery and the islands are absolutly amazing.

No_Skill
07-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I think we should totaly mix up the starting line-up. Here's what we need:

Starting QB - Walleye
Starting RB - Perch
Starting LB - Carp and Sturgeon

In fact we should get a new coach...let's go with Blue Gill

TransAmBison
07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Offensive line- Catfish

56BISON73
07-12-2007, 07:43 PM

We fished Red Lake in June. Best day was 65 walleyes in 5 1/2 hours of fishing. (two people)Plus we probably cauget 25 sheepshead during that time also. PL

56BISON73
07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Staying right on topic (this is the fishing thread, correct?)...........
The reservoirs on the Missouri River in South Dakota are pretty good for Walleye. I have made three trips so far this year and our boat has limited out, or nearly limted out, every time. Other than good eating size, 16 to 20 inch, occasionally catch some nice sized Walleye.

Ive fished Lake Oahe before the water levels got so low. There was a year that they had TOO many walleye and the limit was 14 a day with a 2 day possesion limit. We ate wallye everyday and still took home a bunch. PL

SDbison
07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Ive fished Lake Oahe before the water levels got so low. There was a year that they had TOO many walleye and the limit was 14 a day with a 2 day possesion limit. We ate wallye everyday and still took home a bunch. PL
We fished Oahe this past weekend. The Lake level is starting to come back, but still has a ways to go. The nice thing about Oahe is if you work hard and move around a bunch you still catch quite a few walleye.

CaBisonFan
07-13-2007, 01:17 AM
I think we should totaly mix up the starting line-up. Here's what we need:

Starting QB - Walleye
Starting RB - Perch
Starting LB - Carp and Sturgeon

In fact we should get a new coach...let's go with Blue Gill

How about a Northern or two at defensive end?

NDSUFREAK
07-13-2007, 02:46 AM
How about a Northern or two at defensive end?
I'd like to see a Northern at WR. Tall/long skinny. We need a tall WR.