PDA

View Full Version : Science School 7 footer

lakesbison
07-10-2007, 09:22 PM
45 Remington Stemler So. 7'0 C Calgary, Canada

at the BSA today, I ran into this GIANT.. Said he was just chillin in fargo this summer.

WHY CANT HE FILL A ROSTER SPOT?? 3 years eligibility.... right??

sambini
07-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Grades maybe? Burgundy any insight?

SirHinn
07-11-2007, 04:44 AM
45 Remington Stemler So. 7'0 C Calgary, Canada

at the BSA today, I ran into this GIANT.. Said he was just chillin in fargo this summer.

WHY CANT HE FILL A ROSTER SPOT?? 3 years eligibility.... right??

He can't fill a roster spot because he committed to Lethbridge University in May. Plus considering he only averaged 4 points, 3 boards, and 6 minutes a game; probably isn't exactly what NDSU is looking to spend a scholarship on. He also only has 2 years of eligibility left.

sambini
07-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the info Sir Hinn+++

lakesbison
07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
OHH ok ok..

I just thought we need ANYONE 7ft... but you guys have STANDARDS now that we have ZERO big men.... oh ok I see... (trenched with sarcasm)

bisonhusker
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
he would have 3 years remaining. He is not on the radar.

tony
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Geez, Lakes, being 7' tall doesn't mean you can play DI basketball. Put me on the side that would take an athletic 6'7 guy over a 7' who can't consistently make it from one side of the floor to other before the shot clock expires.

SirHinn
07-11-2007, 05:58 PM
OHH ok ok..

I just thought we need ANYONE 7ft... but you guys have STANDARDS now that we have ZERO big men.... oh ok I see... (trenched with sarcasm)

That's just absolute silly talk right there. If that were the case, they would have went after Nelson from DGF a couple of years ago or even the kid from North Border. There are always plenty of big men out there, but the key is finding SKILLED BIG MEN. I definately agree with Tony.

CaBisonFan
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
OHH ok ok..

If you watch college basketball carefully, a 7-footer is rare on a really good team. The shot clock and three-pointer have diminished the need for a stork in the middle. An athletic 7-footer with real quickness is a different thing altogether. Outstanding college teams have various combinations of shooting guards, point guards, power forwards, and small forwards...along with depth that allows the coach to use different combinations. Strength, quickness, and athleticism have overtaken the storks.

Jdubs21
07-12-2007, 02:07 AM
sup guys.....just lettin ya know remington was my neighbor for the past two years are wahpeton where i went to college...personality wise he is an amazing person, very mild mannered and very easy going to get along with. Athletically not so great, just lettin ya know he is just very tall and nothing more. He would be the first to admitt it, also he is not very strong, but yeah jsut letting ya know the reason why no other schools are all over this 7 footer...just a giant is all, but a great person to chill with....personally i'd take the injured lunde over him lol...

TheDoctor
07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
personally i'd take the injured lunde over him lol...

Guess that about sums things up! ;)