PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Northern Colorado fundraising

cbline
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Check out this interesting blog entry on the current fundraising in Greeley. Quite a difference between NDSU and UNC. Thank heaven that Erv and his crew have started out so successfully.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

WYOBISONMAN
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I saw that. UNC is really a poster child of how not to move to DI. It has been a total disaster......and an embarassment for the Big Sky.

lakesbison
07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
hmmm still don't know why UNC, UND, USD, MANKATO, ST CLOUD, DULUTH< OMAHA, Pitt St didnt make a conference together in D2 and just accept the reality that they ARENT Division 1 material.

Yo
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree that Irv has done & is doing a fantastic job.:nod:

Ivy
07-09-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree that Irv has done & is doing a fantastic job.:nod:

Irv is retiring soon, right? It's going to be hard to replace him.

Yo
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Irv is retiring soon, right? It's going to be hard to replace him.

I believe you are correct that he is retiring soon & yes it will be hard to replace him. But if he does retire, he has does a fantastic job for NDSU & I hope he enjoys his retirement.

roadwarrior
07-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Seems as though there were some big time pledges at Northern Colorado before they jumped to D-I, and some of those pledges were not followed through with actual checks. According to a UNC fan on AGS, there is a family name of a very popular colorado beer that is one of the culprits.

It doesn't seem very smart to have to rely on a few very large contributions to make ends meet year after year, which is what it sounds like UNC was counting on.

I do not believe that NDSU has any huge annual contributors (six to seven figures) to help the move to D-I. We rely more on the building of a solid base of support.

IowaBisonToo
07-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Start running that campaign to get LAKES into Irv's job. Who said that???:hide: :bow: :D

roadwarrior
07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Just a correction: It's Erv not Irv.

WYOBISONMAN
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Erv is definitly a large part of the success at NDSU. It take the dollars to build the program and Erv has really been invaluable.

sambini
07-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Erv is the man. And hats off to Erv++++

TheDoctor
07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I believe you are correct that he is retiring soon & yes it will be hard to replace him. But if he does retire, he has does a fantastic job for NDSU & I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Wasn't Lakes rumored to be Irv's successor? ;)