PDA

View Full Version : Official game Jerseys

Herd
07-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Spoke to the Bison guy at Scheels today and he said that he (Scheels) will have the official Nike home and away Jerseys on sale by Aug 1st, featuring the numbers 8,11 & 40. He said that they will be the official Jersey, carrying an official price tag . . . about $250.

So, we will officially have new home Jerseys in 2007, and fans will be able to get their hands on the real thing in a few weeks at Scheels! The new home Jersey will be very impressive!

sambini
07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks to Scheels for all they do. They have some new Gateway conference t-shirts also.

Green-N-Gold
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Please post some pics when you can!!!!

aces1180
07-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Spoke to the Bison guy at Scheels today and he said that he (Scheels) will have the official Nike home and away Jerseys on sale by Aug 1st, featuring the numbers 8,11 & 40. He said that they will be the official Jersey, carrying an official price tag . . . about $250.

So, we will officially have new home Jerseys in 2007, and fans will be able to get their hands on the real thing in a few weeks at Scheels! The new home Jersey will be very impressive!

Very good news.

sambini
07-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Maybe the Scheels guy can post some pictures?

Herd
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I wonder when we will start putting names on the back of the Jerseys like some of our FCS bretheren? When you show up at an FBS stadium and have games on TV, at some point this would be good.

Like anything, names on the Jersey come with a price tag.

Bisonguy
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I wonder when we will start putting names on the back of the Jerseys like some of our FCS bretheren? When you show up at an FBS stadium and have games on TV, at some point this would be good.

Why would names on the back be good?:confused:

The jerseys already have NDSU on the front.

Tatanka
07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Why would names on the back be good?:confused:

The jerseys already have NDSU on the front.
+ freaking +

TransAmBison
07-12-2007, 01:54 AM

Don't look for that to happen in the near future, if ever. NDSU has had the same stance as far back as I know, which is: They play in a team sport and they want to stress the team aspect...having names on the back stresses the individual not the team.

I'm not for or against the stance, just educating the masses on what the stance is.

Herd
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
The primary reason that most FBS team have the names on the back is because of TV. It is my hope that we have 1/2 of our games on TV after we are established in the Missouri Valley Football Conf, or woops, Gateway.

If you are going to be on TV with frequency, you have to consider this. It's not like the name on the front becomes less important with a name on the back folks! If you are going to show up in MN, WI, NE, with regularity . . . you have to look the part IMO. For now, I'm sure its a money thing.

Bisonguy
07-12-2007, 11:36 PM
What if the Bison make a trip to Notre Dame or Penn State? :confused: