PDA

View Full Version : I still say we need a real BISON for a mascot!

WYOBISONMAN
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Let's get the real thing for a mascot and NDSU! A real Bison would look GREAT at the home FB games!!

TransAmBison
07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Let's get the real thing for a mascot and NDSU! A real Bison would look GREAT at the home FB games!!
Would they let him crowd surf?

BisonBabe
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Would the Bison need to be house trained????? I would think if we go this route would be better to have a young Bison to avoid the size issues.

WYOBISONMAN
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I am sure if you started with a calf you could get the animal to be pretty managable. We are an Ag school.....I know we have facilities to handle this!

Bisonguy
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I am sure if you started with a calf you could get the animal to be pretty managable. We are an Ag school.....I know we have facilities to handle this!

On the last go-around on this (exploratory year??), there was someone that raised bison that stated he could have a hand-raised calf ready to go.....

Bison bison
07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Bad idea in my opinion.

I've spent a lot of time around bison. The only manageable animal would not be representative of the species.

WYOBISONMAN
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Bad idea in my opinion.

I've spent a lot of time around bison. The only manageable animal would not be representative of the species.

We need the looks of a Bison.....not the disposition.

Tatanka
07-03-2007, 09:55 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Amen, brother WYO.:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Even the baby ones they had in a pen a couple of years ago for the kids were pretty cool. GET IT DONE, GENE!!!!

56BISON73
07-04-2007, 02:31 AM
I think a Bison would be great.
BUT bison arent anything to mess with. The guy that built my house raises bison. One day he walked too close by one he had raised from a calf. The bull hooked him without noticed which launced him 20 feet and OVER a 5 strand fence. I x-rayed him that night and he had 5 broken ribs and a pneumothorax which ment an over night stay and the insertion of chest tubes to reinflate the colapsed lung. PL

Bisonguy
07-04-2007, 03:23 AM
BUT bison arent anything to mess with. The guy that built my house raises bison. One day he walked too close by one he had raised from a calf. The bull hooked him without noticed which launced him 20 feet and OVER a 5 strand fence. I x-rayed him that night and he had 5 broken ribs and a pneumothorax which ment an over night stay and the insertion of chest tubes to reinflate the colapsed lung. PL

That's why Colorado does not use bulls. :nod: :nod:

That, and they run Ralphie for a couple hours before the game.

WYOBISONMAN
07-04-2007, 03:52 AM

We could have the O Line work out against the mascot.....they would be tougher than hell!!!!

BigBison
07-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I think it would be great to get one I know NDSU could do it. Actually theres two bison ranchs by my house in eastern MN. Heres a video from CU that I found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbyemmDouc&mode=related&search=

56BISON73
07-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I think it would be great to get one I know NDSU could do it. Actually theres two bison ranchs by my house in eastern MN. Heres a video from CU that I found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzbyemmDouc&mode=related&search=

Well heck if they can do it we certainly should beable to. PL

56BISON73
07-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Two week later Reggie was back at the hospital for his check up. After asking him how he was doing I asked how the bison was doing. He said not to good as they were having him for dinner that night. LOL PL

56BISON73
07-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Sambini
There was a guy by the name of Roy Peterson who was a die hard booster when I played. He was always standing by the locker room door with his hand out when we came out for our games. Traveled with the team and roamed the sidelines. He even got a penalty one game. LOL Is he still around?? PL

sambini
07-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Yes he is still around PL. He was one of the founders of Teammakers. Also Roy is in the Bison Hall of Fame.

56BISON73
07-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes he is still around PL. He was one of the founders of Teammakers. Also Roy is in the Bison Hall of Fame.

I was wondering because I didnt see him at any of the games last year. PL

sambini
07-21-2007, 05:00 PM
He doesn't go on the sidelines anymore.

56BISON73
07-22-2007, 01:26 AM
He doesn't go on the sidelines anymore.

?>?????? New rules?? Health??? PL

sambini
07-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Health and his age etc..

onbison09
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Colorado is one of the best enterances in college football. We could definetly do that. They took Ralphie down to Gerogia and he was at the game there. That was fun to watch on Gameday. I know a guy who lives on a bison ranch and he said you have really be carefull. He says they can jump extremely high and are very moody. If we did it we shouldn't use a bull. And where does this leave Thunder??