View Full Version : Will The goofers FINALLY See

PantherHawk
06-27-2007, 12:42 PM
they are NOT going to the Rose Bowl when you guys bury them in the Dump:

tpfkag83

(6/26/07 10:34 pm)

Picked up my Athlon BT preview today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw it at a convenience store in Lake Elmo. Figured its never too early to start researching for the BT fantasy league I'm in.

Those pogues have us picked 11th (I apologize if someone has already posted this). Come on. They have us finishing behind a crappy team whose coach just died. Show us a little respect.

I got so disgusted I put the thing down. I'll look at it again in a couple of days.

lakesbison
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
but PUNKY promised the ROSE BOWL!! I HEARD HIM!!

*WAAAAH*

SDbison
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Goofers will be lucky to be .500 this year. When they lose to NDSU there will be all sorts of excuses like........this was the worst game Minnesota ever played. This game was the Super Bowl for the Bison. And last and most important they wil say NDSU is not and never will be U of M's rival. Smug attitude by a bunch of losers!

imabison
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Goofers will be lucky to be .500 this year. When they lose to NDSU there will be all sorts of excuses like........this was the worst game Minnesota ever played. This game was the Super Bowl for the Bison. And last and most important they wil say NDSU is not and never will be U of M's rival. Smug attitude by a bunch of losers!
Or Punk Brewster on his knees saying they did not tell me NDSU was this capable :) :) I told you we should not be playing them Waa Waa

PantherHawk
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Goofers will be lucky to be .500 this year. When they lose to NDSU there will be all sorts of excuses like........this was the worst game Minnesota ever played.

I just hope they don't "get distracted by throwback jerseys" [Mason], like they did last year! lol

WildBill
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
but PUNKY promised the ROSE BOWL!! I HEARD HIM!!

*WAAAAH*

I thought you were a Gopher fan as well,Lakes? Did you not post that repeated times at Gopherhole?

SDbison
06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I thought you were a Gopher fan as well,Lakes? Did you not post that repeated times at Gopherhole?

I think Lakes made it clear, he just doesn't like Punky.

OnTheFifty
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Pantherhawk.

Why do you waste so much energy trying to stir things up here?

Shouldn't you be more concerned about things at your own house, such as:

Minnesota 34, Iowa 24

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Amir Pinnix carried 23 times for 119 yards and two touchdowns, and Minnesota forced five turnovers in a 34-24 victory Saturday over fading Iowa to take back the Floyd of Rosedale trophy.

The Gophers sprinted across the field and coverged around the bronze pig that these teams have been playing for since 1935. This was the 100th overall meeting in the series, and Minnesota LEADS 59-39 with two ties............

PantherHawk
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Pantherhawk.

Minnesota 34, Iowa 24

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Amir Pinnix carried 23 times for 119 yards and two touchdowns, and Minnesota forced five turnovers in a 34-24 victory Saturday over fading Iowa to take back the Floyd of Rosedale trophy.

The Gophers sprinted across the field and coverged around the bronze pig that these teams have been playing for since 1935. This was the 100th overall meeting in the series, and Minnesota LEADS 59-39 with two ties............
Yesterdays news, Dad...........everyone here is focused on 2007! How did the next game turn out for you? Maybe you should advise Punky to get focused on his 2008 recruiting class.

lakesbison
06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
HUGE GOPHER FAN HERE!!

I just think they replaced 1 SMUG AHOLE with another SMUG AHOLE, with the LATTER AHOLE not having head coached 1 single SNAP!!!

SirHinn
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
HUGE GOPHER FAN HERE!!

I just think they replaced 1 SMUG AHOLE with another SMUG AHOLE, with the LATTER AHOLE not having head coached 1 single SNAP!!!

So you probably hated the hiring of Craig Boh then since he hadn't been a head coach for one single snap either then right? You must have absolutely hated the hiring of Rocky Hager as well since he had never been a head coach either. How can people hate a guy who has yet to coach a game yet?

SDbison
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
So you probably hated the hiring of Craig Boh then since he hadn't been a head coach for one single snap either then right? You must have absolutely hated the hiring of Rocky Hager as well since he had never been a head coach either. How can people hate a guy who has yet to coach a game yet?

I'll defend Lakes once more. I don't think the personalities of Rocky and Bohl are anywhere near as smug as Mason and Brewster, but being a Gopher football coach could make an A-hole out of anybody!

Shawn-O
06-27-2007, 09:22 PM
HUGE GOPHER FAN HERE!!

Wrong. Personality-wise, Brewster is the anti-Mason. Anyone that finds Brewster to be "smug" isn't really looking very closely. Time will tell...it'll boil down to W's and L's, as it should.

SDbison
06-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Wrong. Personality-wise, Brewster is the anti-Mason. Anyone that finds Brewster to be "smug" isn't really looking very closely. Time will tell...it'll boil down to W's and L's, as it should.
Yeah coming into Moorhead on a recruiting trip and then announcing for the first time (in contrast to his Athletic Director Maturi) that the Gophers won't be playing teams like NDSU anymore. If thats nots smug? Oh, the mediocre Gophers of the Big Ten and FBS are suddenly too good for low life quality FCS teams like NDSU.

SDbison
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Brewster is an idiot and he should have shut his yap and let the AD handle announcements about scheduling. Brewster reminds me a lot of how Lou Holtz stormed in and touted how great the Gophers were going to be and then he and his magic show left town.

Shawn-O
06-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah coming into Moorhead on a recruiting trip and then announcing for the first time (in contrast to his Athletic Director Maturi) that the Gophers won't be playing teams like NDSU anymore. If thats nots smug? Oh, the mediocre Gophers of the Big Ten and FBS are suddenly too good for low life quality FCS teams like NDSU.

If I were a Gopher booster, I'd be very pleased by this. FCS games are a "lot to lose, little to gain" proposition for a Big Ten school

Yo
06-27-2007, 11:04 PM
but being a Gopher football coach could make an A-hole out of anybody!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lakesbison
06-28-2007, 12:51 AM
well.. sirhinn. and und guy,

I was thinkin more personality wise. ya know.

and BREWSTER is smug with the way he came to Det Lakes, Fergus and Moorhead and talked consistantly of beating NDSU for every local kid.

then, Im saying Brewster was a TE coach at his highest level. at least bohl coached a Defense.

WildBill
06-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Neither did Andy Reid

WildBill
06-28-2007, 06:12 AM
well.. sirhinn. and und guy,

I was thinkin more personality wise. ya know.

and BREWSTER is smug with the way he came to Det Lakes, Fergus and Moorhead and talked consistantly of beating NDSU for every local kid.

then, Im saying Brewster was a TE coach at his highest level. at least bohl coached a Defense.

Brewster i wouldn't say is smug.He's confident. And i doubt he's really worried about Bohl stealing players he wants

Bison Dan
06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Brewster i wouldn't say is smug.He's confident. And i doubt he's really worried about Bohl stealing players he wants

Oh he's worried some - all he has to do is look at last years game and count the Bison MN kids that he'd love to have. Will NDSU get the blue chippers over MN - I doubt it, but recruiting isn't an exact science and NDSU will get their share.

WildBill
06-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh he's worried some - all he has to do is look at last years game and count the Bison MN kids that he'd love to have. Will NDSU get the blue chippers over MN - I doubt it, but recruiting isn't an exact science and NDSU will get their share.

Name one player that NDSU got over the Gophers. Seriously. Before you say Veldman,realise that the Gophers asked him to walk on.

lakesbison
06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Garret Johnson, Nick Mertens, Craig Dahl, Nick Schommer all got recruited by U of Minnesota,

Veldman was offerred according to Becker's HS coach Dwight Lundeen.

OnTheFifty
06-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I follow Gopher recruiting pretty intensive, admittedly more than I know about NDSU.

The guys on your list were "Recruited Walk ons" at best.

Veldman - I can almost guarentee that he did not get an offer. He held out until almost signing day for one. It never came.....

But, I guess I could be wrong?

Bison06
06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
If a player was offered the same scholarship at NDSU as they were at UM I don't think we could win that battle, and I don't know if anyone here believes that. What I would say is true is that UM misses players that turn out much much better than the players they decided to offer and we get them. Call it bad recruiting by them and good recruiting by us if you want, it doesn't matter. The fact is that we have had players on our roster in the past and have players on our current roster that are better at thier position than UM's player at that same position. Some of them are from Minnesota some aren't, but for the most part they come from UM's recruiting area. I think Craig Dahl is a perfect example of this. Correct me if I'm wrong but UM didn't send any safeties to the NFL last year and he definitely would have been a major impact player for them.

56BISON73
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
If a player was offered the same scholarship at NDSU as they were at UM I don't think we could win that battle, and I don't know if anyone here believes that. What I would say is true is that UM misses players that turn out much much better than the players they decided to offer and we get them. Call it bad recruiting by them and good recruiting by us if you want, it doesn't matter. The fact is that we have had players on our roster in the past and have players on our current roster that are better at thier position than UM's player at that same position. Some of them are from Minnesota some aren't, but for the most part they come from UM's recruiting area. I think Craig Dahl is a perfect example of this. Correct me if I'm wrong but UM didn't send any safeties to the NFL last year and he definitely would have been a major impact player for them.

Fact is you cant offer everyone. Some players work out and MANY dont. P
You could have the same arguement for any team in the Big Ten etc.
Do you really think Big time coaches look back in hind sight and wish they had other players??? They know what the recruiting game is all about. But in the long run it comes down to---you put your money down and take your chances. If they work out they work out.
Plus one other thing to take into consideration is SU cant offer full rides to everyone like other schools can.
On another note nobody knows how Dahl would have developed at MN or if he would have been given a shot. Every program is different. PL
PL

Bison Dan
06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I follow Gopher recruiting pretty intensive, admittedly more than I know about NDSU.

The guys on your list were "Recruited Walk ons" at best.

Veldman - I can almost guarentee that he did not get an offer. He held out until almost signing day for one. It never came.....

But, I guess I could be wrong?

The point is not if they were recruited but would they have started or played for MN. Several of them would have!! Let's put it this way the Bison Team of 06 and 07 will have more blue chippers per their division than the Gophers for their division. The Bison have better lettership, chemistry, and defense and that's in spite of division. We'll see on Oct 20th!

Bison06
06-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Fact is you cant offer everyone. Some players work out and MANY dont. P
You could have the same arguement for any team in the Big Ten etc.
Do you really think Big time coaches look back in hind sight and wish they had other players??? They know what the recruiting game is all about. But in the long run it comes down to---you put your money down and take your chances. If they work out they work out.
Plus one other thing to take into consideration is SU cant offer full rides to everyone like other schools can.
On another note nobody knows how Dahl would have developed at MN or if he would have been given a shot. Every program is different. PL
PL

I can't decide if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

AggieFinn
06-28-2007, 11:17 PM
NDSU has Minnesota, UC Davis has San Jose State.

Can any Bison fan get over to SpartanThunder.com and have a little input here:

"I hate to be jerk about it, but North Dakota State? C'mon now -- do you want to be taken seriously or not? And having two players drafted in five years (both in the 5th round) doesn't sound like they have much D1 talent walking around. Plus, they beat you in your house!? Not in the Fargobarn-- they had to come down in covered wagon, and still cleaned your clocks."

Good luck against the Goofers, they need to be humbled. :nod: :nod: :nod:

SDbison
06-29-2007, 03:00 AM
We fans can talk all we want, but just watch some of the post game interviews with Gopher players from last years game. The Gopher players know we kicked their butts up and down the field (some admitted it). Our lineman are as quick and possibly stronger and still may be better than their current players. NDSU has a 3 year QB who is clutch and provides excellent leadership. NDSU has a winning tradition, the Gophers have nothing in the last 40 years. Remember last year, it was the "throwback" game and Minnesota looked like $hit against "lowly" NDSU. Just think how those championship players of the early 1960's felt as they watched NDSU kick their modern day Gophers A$$.
It is great that we are talking about this game now. It should be built up as big as possible because the Gophers are the ones on the hot seat. NDSU has confidence and execution, the Gophers think they are better than they really are. The Gopher players know the Bison hit as hard and ran at them as well as Michigan or Wisconsin. It will be an outstanding game. Craig Bohl and the rest of the coaches will have NDSU ready for October 20. Minnesota will be, well, the under achievers they usually are.............

SDbison
06-29-2007, 03:34 AM
The heck with the Sioux............its the Gophers that really SUCK.

WildBill
06-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Garret Johnson, Nick Mertens, Craig Dahl, Nick Schommer all got recruited by U of Minnesota,

Veldman was offerred according to Becker's HS coach Dwight Lundeen.

None of those kids got offered a scholly by Minnesota. Dahl would've been a good fit,not sure about the others. Btw, Veldman never got an offer,even though he desperatly wanted one.

RodentiaX
06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
The Gopher players know the Bison hit as hard and ran at them as well as Michigan or Wisconsin.

Shall we compare the Minnesota-Michigan and the Minnesota-Wisconsin games with the Minnesota-NDSU game? Michigan beat Minnesota 28-14, and Wisconsin beat Minnesota 48-12. Minnesota beat NDSU 10-9. I think Michigan and Wisconsin did just slightly better against Minnesota than did NDSU.

TheDoctor
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM
So what your saying is that Michigan let them in the endzone twice as many times as we did? WOW! That is startling. No wonder they didn't get the nod to play Ohio State in the National Championship. ;)

Goldy93
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I like the chatter here, it is very interesting, but a little too euphoric and unrealistic. Remember, NDSU lost the game to the Gophs, they did not win. It was close, but they lost. NDSU has a good team, but it is not a Big Ten caliber squad. I am not talking smack or being disrespectful, just honest. The Gophers resembled a Big Ten squad last year, at times, but at other times they looked no better than a D-II squad. One of those games was the NDSU game, not to mention Texas Tech, Wisconsin, etc.. Again, I mean no disrespect. The Gophers did not play well and a lot of credit goes to NDSU, but it also falls on the players who failed to perform.

The Gophers took NDSU lightly, which they should not have done. However, do you really think Brewster is going to let the Gophs take NDSU lightly this year? Not likely. The biggest plus for NDSU will be that the Gophers are trying to implement the spread and do not have the depth at WR to run it effectively. Their offense is going to probably suffer even more than it did last year.

I know the NDSU players will be jacked up for this game, but I think the Gophers will even be more jacked up to prove last year was an aberration. I do not like to make predictions, but I do not believe the Gophers will lose this game and I do not think it will be nearly as close as last year.

PantherHawk
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I like the chatter here, it is very interesting, but a little too euphoric and unrealistic. Remember, NDSU lost the game to the Gophs, they did not win. It was close, but they lost.

The Gophers took NDSU lightly, which they should not have done. However, do you really think Brewster is going to let the Gophs take NDSU lightly this year? Not likely.

I know the NDSU players will be jacked up for this game, but I think the Gophers will even be more jacked up to prove last year was an aberration. I do not like to make predictions, but I do not believe the Gophers will lose this game and I do not think it will be nearly as close as last year.

Brewster.....Brewster......Brewster............ Isn't that the same guy all the little goofers were so "jacked" about being a SUPER MASTER RECRUITER?? In 6+ months, Master Jack has done exactly Jack Squat as a recruiter. By the time October rolls around, his players will know BS when they hear it!!!

SDbison
06-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I like the chatter here, it is very interesting, but a little too euphoric and unrealistic. Remember, NDSU lost the game to the Gophs, they did not win. It was close, but they lost. NDSU has a good team, but it is not a Big Ten caliber squad. I am not talking smack or being disrespectful, just honest. The Gophers resembled a Big Ten squad last year, at times, but at other times they looked no better than a D-II squad. One of those games was the NDSU game, not to mention Texas Tech, Wisconsin, etc.. Again, I mean no disrespect. The Gophers did not play well and a lot of credit goes to NDSU, but it also falls on the players who failed to perform.

The Gophers took NDSU lightly, which they should not have done. However, do you really think Brewster is going to let the Gophs take NDSU lightly this year? Not likely. The biggest plus for NDSU will be that the Gophers are trying to implement the spread and do not have the depth at WR to run it effectively. Their offense is going to probably suffer even more than it did last year.

Goldy93, I will repeat for you...........
We fans can talk all we want, but just watch some of the post game interviews with Gopher players from last years game. The Gopher players know we kicked their butts up and down the field (some admitted it). Our lineman are as quick and possibly stronger and still may be better than their current players. NDSU has a 3 year QB who is clutch and provides excellent leadership. NDSU has a winning tradition, the Gophers have nothing in the last 40 years. Remember last year, it was the "throwback" game and Minnesota looked like $hit against "lowly" NDSU. Just think how those championship players of the early 1960's felt as they watched NDSU kick their modern day Gophers A$$.
It is great that we are talking about this game now. It should be built up as big as possible because the Gophers are the ones on the hot seat. NDSU has confidence and execution, the Gophers think they are better than they really are. The Gopher players know the Bison hit as hard and ran at them as well as Michigan or Wisconsin. It will be an outstanding game. Craig Bohl and the rest of the coaches will have NDSU ready for October 20. Minnesota will be, well, the under achievers they usually are.............

No_Skill
06-29-2007, 06:04 PM

Well it's pretty hard to get any closer. :)

NDSUstudent
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
What a suprise another Gopher fan says his team didn't show up. I'm so sick of this excuse, I can't imagine a player that only gets to play 12 games in one year would throw away a game. Especially, a home game that was played in front of 50k and was on tv. With friends, family, and especially scouts watching I doubt for a second that a player took the game off. Especially by the time NDSU made it known they weren't going to roll over and let the Gophers crush them like a Temple would. Maybe Mason didn't have his team ready but again I highly doubt that, his job was on the line and he knew it. The fact of the matter is that NDSU was just as good as Minnesota was last year and no Gopher fan wants to admit it.

RodentiaX
06-29-2007, 06:46 PM
What a suprise another Gopher fan says his team didn't show up. I'm so sick of this excuse, I can't imagine a player that only gets to play 12 games in one year would throw away a game.

No one is talking about "throwing away" a game. But the concept of "looking past" an opponent is a well-established concept in college football, teams get burned by underestimating opponents all the time.

Especially, a home game that was played in front of 50k and was on tv.

Teams are more likely to look past an opponent if it is a home game than they would in a road game, as it is easier to play at home than on the road. Also, since 9 of the 12 Minnesota games were televised (not counting the two games that were on ESPN 360), the game being televised wasn't that big a deal.

NDSUstudent
06-29-2007, 06:57 PM
No one is talking about "throwing away" a game. But the concept of "looking past" an opponent is a well-established concept in college football, teams get burned by underestimating opponents all the time.

Teams are more likely to look past an opponent if it is a home game than they would in a road game, as it is easier to play at home than on the road. Also, since 9 of the 12 Minnesota games were televised (not counting the two games that were on ESPN 360), the game being televised wasn't that big a deal.

No team underestimates a team the entire game, by halftime they usually wake up and say its time to get going. Then again maybe the Gophers were too distracted by their throwback uniforms to ever look at the scoreboard.

56BISON73
06-29-2007, 07:04 PM
It really doesnt make any difference if SU kicked the gophers up and down the field or not.
As much as I hate to say it the gophers scored when they HAD to. SU didnt. SU didnt kick their butt on that drive. Thats the bottom line. Unfortunately. PL

tcbison
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
So will Minnesota be estimating that NDSU will be just as good as last year or better than last year? If they think NDSU will be just as good as last year they would be underestimating the Bison again.

BisonNeil
06-29-2007, 11:30 PM
What a suprise another Gopher fan says his team didn't show up. I'm so sick of this excuse, I can't imagine a player that only gets to play 12 games in one year would throw away a game. Especially, a home game that was played in front of 50k and was on tv. With friends, family, and especially scouts watching I doubt for a second that a player took the game off. Especially by the time NDSU made it known they weren't going to roll over and let the Gophers crush them like a Temple would. Maybe Mason didn't have his team ready but again I highly doubt that, his job was on the line and he knew it. The fact of the matter is that NDSU was just as good as Minnesota was last year and no Gopher fan wants to admit it.

I would submit that the Bison played a worse game than the Goophers (not misspelled). Two turnovers, a stupid leg whip/tripping penalty by a RFr OG, a lousy miss at a FG that was nothing more than an XP, and an uncharacteristicly stupid 4th and 6 go for it call by Bohl just inside the 50 yd line that set up the Goophers only drive.

Nope, it wasn't the Goophers that played poorly and underestimated their opponent, it was the Bison. Only the first half against the UCD Aggies was worse.

sambini
06-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Its water under the bridge. We didn't get it done. Who knows what will happen this year? You have to take em one game at a time. But it sure is fun seeing all the interest in this. You never saw this much when we played the Firetrucks.

CaBisonFan
06-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Pantherhawk.

Minnesota 34, Iowa 24

When I taught in Minnesota for about 15 years I was a Gophers fan. Cheered for them many, many times in buckets and football.

Here's the deal. Most of us realize that the Gophers aren't on a 'high' right now. Every program goes through it...especially in a conference like the Big Ten...where a few of the programs are always loaded and the others have to fight to have an exceptional team once in a while. Iowa was nothing great last fall.

The excitement in Bison country comes from the fact that we have had a DII dynasty that could have played at a higher level a majority of the time in the last 50 years. We're excited to see the Bison playing against programs like Minnesota.

I've felt for years that a game between the Bison and the Gophers would be very interesting. Last year's game was a little scary coming in. Many predicted a blowout...but it turned out that the Bison more than held their own. That game was no fluke. If anything...the fluke was that Minnesota won the game. Except for one drive...the game mostly belonged to the Bison in the trenches. That 'did' surprise me. That won't change a lot this year. If anything...we'll be stronger over-all. We lost a great running back and a great receiver...and a great defensive tackle.

Here's another fact. The Bison are still in the building process.

Another fact is that the Minnesota game wasn't our best game last year in terms of execution. Frankly...in many respects, it was a disappointment. We played stronger games against Ball State, UC Davis, Cal Poly, and South Dakota State...at least offensively. In terms of the talent of those opponents...I would have rated all of them over the Gophers last year...especially on offense.

But all in all...it was a 'rush' for Bison fans to visit Minnesota...a place where most Gopher fans felt a team like North Dakota State doesn't belong. It's the superiority thing that's always been there. Minnesotans...on the average...look down on the state of North Dakota.

I don't like the smack between our two programs. I'd like to see a little bit of respect...both ways.

Here is one more fact: NDSU is in Minnesota's league and will remain so. We will eventually become a 'great' option for regional athletes that would rather not play under Sid Hartman's watchful eye.

PS - Minnesota has recruited in North Dakota many times...and I consider kids from the northern half of Minnesota to be in SU's natural recruiting zone. I look forward to a great game in the baggy this fall. Very, very much. Maybe you'll blow us out. Maybe we'll blow you out. But more likely, it will be close again. Cheers.

WildBill
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
So will Minnesota be estimating that NDSU will be just as good as last year or better than last year? If they think NDSU will be just as good as last year they would be underestimating the Bison again.

I look for the Gophers to make a statement. The Bison came in and embarassed the Gophers in front of a lot of Alumni.

ChamplinParkBison
06-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Growing up in the cities I was really in to the Big Ten conference and all the great teams from Michigan and Ohio State. So I really didn't know much about the Bison or any other team from the NCC. My first year at NDSU was the year that coach Babich got thrown to the tracks, and the Bison were some what struggling and looking for a new identity. But Bohl came in breathed some new life into the program and now we can play with the likes of Central Michigan and the gophers. Having a lot of respect for both programs, I'm glad that Minnesota has decided to part ways with Mason, and even if Brewster is a bit on the smug side, there is new interest in the program. I really hope for a close game and it would be pretty cool if we blocked a FG at the end and the Bison win 10-9! All in all it should be another fun outing at the dome, and I can't wait to see all the green and gold. I know this reply was a little on the soft side, so rip if you will, I was getting sick of posts of how we hate them and they hate us.

Every team goes through a rough patch, Just look at Florida St. who has lost a total of 11 games the last two seasons. It happens even to the best.....

PantherHawk
06-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Growing up in the cities I was really in to the Big Ten conference and all the great teams from Michigan and Ohio State. So I really didn't know much about the Bison or any other team from the NCC. My first year at NDSU was the year that coach Babich got thrown to the tracks, and the Bison were some what struggling and looking for a new identity. But Bohl came in breathed some new life into the program and now we can play with the likes of Central Michigan and the gophers. Having a lot of respect for both programs, I'm glad that Minnesota has decided to part ways with Mason, and even if Brewster is a bit on the smug side, there is new interest in the program. I really hope for a close game and it would be pretty cool if we blocked a FG at the end and the Bison win 10-9! All in all it should be another fun outing at the dome, and I can't wait to see all the green and gold. I know this reply was a little on the soft side, so rip if you will, I was getting sick of posts of how we hate them and they hate us.

Every team goes through a rough patch, Just look at Florida St. who has lost a total of 11 games the last two seasons. It happens even to the best.....

"Every team goes through a rough patch, Just look at Florida St. who has lost a total of 11 games the last two seasons. It happens even to the best...." Very true, but while you try to make FSU and the goofers an apples for apples comparison, it is not!! FSU averaged 5.5 losses per year over a TWO year window! The goofey goofers have averaged a stunning 6.4 losses per season over the course of the last THIRTY-EIGHT seasons!!!!! What makes this stat so unbelievable is that it runs back to the 60s and 70s when they were only playing 7,8 or 9 games per year. This is the only legacy today's recruits look at when passing on Minnesota. You need to go over to Maresh's house right now and point this out before he wastes his college career playing in Murderapolis.....mired in mediocrity!!!!!

ChamplinParkBison
07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
It will be interesting to see if Sam keeps with his commitment to the U. National Signing day isn't till February, So nothing is really set in stone just yet. I believe that if Sam has a good senior year there could be many other programs taking interest....(SEC, PAC 10) But, you can't fault a kid for not following in his brother's footsteps.. it would be pretty cool if he ended up in Fargo.. And B.T.W. I don't know if you have been to Minneapolis, but the whole rip on calling it
Muderapolis or whatever is pretty narrow minded,you can't blame the city of Minneapolis that more than half of the population of Iowa comes up here looking for employment.

Hey Pantherhawk if you hate the gophers and Minneapolis so much, why don't you go plague their board. :mad:

WildBill
07-01-2007, 06:09 AM
It will be interesting to see if Sam keeps with his commitment to the U. National Signing day isn't till February, So nothing is really set in stone just yet. I believe that if Sam has a good senior year there could be many other programs taking interest....(SEC, PAC 10) But, you can't fault a kid for not following in his brother's footsteps.. it would be pretty cool if he ended up in Fargo.. And B.T.W. I don't know if you have been to Minneapolis, but the whole rip on calling it
Muderapolis or whatever is pretty narrow minded,you can't blame the city of Minneapolis that more than half of the population of Iowa comes up here looking for employment.

Hey Pantherhawk if you hate the gophers and Minneapolis so much, why don't you go plague their board. :mad:

Because he has been banned from every board imaginable

56BISON73
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
No team underestimates a team the entire game, by halftime they usually wake up and say its time to get going. Then again maybe the Gophers were too distracted by their throwback uniforms to ever look at the scoreboard.

It doesnt matter if you "wake up" and say its time to get going. Its not that easy to do. If you havent been geared up all week and focused you just dont throw the switch.

For example we went to Morningside and nearly got beat. Why??? because we knew we could beat them but we didnt prepare for them. They came out full of piss and vinegar. They had an intensity that we didnt have. We couldnt figure out why we werent just running over them. Nothing clicked for us. It happens.

I can guarantee you they went off the field that day thinking we werent that tough either.
PL

lakesbison
07-02-2007, 02:27 AM
KEEP POSTING PANTHERHAWK!!!!!!!!!

U dont lie!!! facts are facts.

buffalobilljr
07-02-2007, 03:46 AM
HUGE GOPHER FAN HERE!!

I just think they replaced 1 SMUG AHOLE with another SMUG AHOLE, with the LATTER AHOLE not having head coached 1 single SNAP!!!I agree he seems very arrogant, but how many college FB teams have you been a head coach of lakes. You come up with your share of off the wall statements or doesn't that count?

SirHinn
07-02-2007, 08:00 AM
"Every team goes through a rough patch, Just look at Florida St. who has lost a total of 11 games the last two seasons. It happens even to the best...." Very true, but while you try to make FSU and the goofers an apples for apples comparison, it is not!! FSU averaged 5.5 losses per year over a TWO year window! The goofey goofers have averaged a stunning 6.4 losses per season over the course of the last THIRTY-EIGHT seasons!!!!! What makes this stat so unbelievable is that it runs back to the 60s and 70s when they were only playing 7,8 or 9 games per year. This is the only legacy today's recruits look at when passing on Minnesota. You need to go over to Maresh's house right now and point this out before he wastes his college career playing in Murderapolis.....mired in mediocrity!!!!!

You say the same boring stuff over and over. The Gophers haven't been good in years bla bla bla, congrats everyone already knows that. So instead of making the same boring hire, they went out and hired a man with plan. Only an idiot would rather have some boring hire such as Mason or even Gary Patterson though. Guys who are solid coaches who can't recruit worth a lick are the coaches that stay as solid coaches and don't lead their teams to anything. Why not go for the homerun instead of settling for another awful Mason?
The recruits can talk about legacy and all this other boring stuff like you seem to think actually means something. Lets get real though, the recruits nowadays look at the schools that will give them the best opportunity to make it to the next level. Whether thats either offering lots of PT or competition against the best players. Schools such as USC, LSU, FSU, Texas, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and even Miami all have something in common, they all have excellent recruiters as coaches and they can get their players to the next level. Sam Maresh really could have done a lot worse, he could have committed to Iowa or UNI. Then he really would have been stuck at a mediocre school.
Get your facts straight too, Minneapolis isn't even in the top 25 Metropolitans in the nation for murder rates. It's relatively safe compared to most Metropolitans.

lakesbison
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I agree he seems very arrogant, but how many college FB teams have you been a head coach of lakes. You come up with your share of off the wall statements or doesn't that count?

I ADMIT IM SMUG AND ARROGANT.... coaching?? my god, I would be the best coach in the world, I'd be on ESPN with my soundbites NIGHTLY.

Sirhinn.. Floyd & Mobley top 2 Minn recruits won't be at Minnesota, and Brewster offered an AVERAGE at best kid from their High Schools to try and persuade these 2.

Broderick Binns, (probably the best athlete PERIOD in Minn FB History) will be at IOWA as well.

So mr. PUNKY will not have landed the TOP 3 recruits in Minnesota, AND had a kid attend the U of Minn Football camp last month, ONLY to pick Northwestern the next week.

PantherHawk
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
You say the same boring stuff over and over. The Gophers haven't been good in years bla bla bla, congrats everyone already knows that. So instead of making the same boring hire, they went out and hired a man with plan. Only an idiot would rather have some boring hire such as Mason or even Gary Patterson though. Guys who are solid coaches who can't recruit worth a lick are the coaches that stay as solid coaches and don't lead their teams to anything. Why not go for the homerun instead of settling for another awful Mason?
The recruits can talk about legacy and all this other boring stuff like you seem to think actually means something. Lets get real though, the recruits nowadays look at the schools that will give them the best opportunity to make it to the next level. Whether thats either offering lots of PT or competition against the best players. Schools such as USC, LSU, FSU, Texas, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and even Miami all have something in common, they all have excellent recruiters as coaches and they can get their players to the next level. Sam Maresh really could have done a lot worse, he could have committed to Iowa or UNI. Then he really would have been stuck at a mediocre school.
Get your facts straight too, Minneapolis isn't even in the top 25 Metropolitans in the nation for murder rates. It's relatively safe compared to most Metropolitans.

Listen, I am sure you are a nice guy and your parents had big plans for you, but you are stupid. I don't have time to pick your entire ramble apart, so I will choose a couple examples of your limitations.

1. [Schools such as USC, LSU, FSU, Texas, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and even Miami all have something in common, they all have excellent recruiters as coaches and they can get their players to the next level. Sam Maresh really could have done a lot worse, he could have committed to Iowa or UNI. Then he really would have been stuck at a mediocre school.] ***Check the FACTS, Barney, BOTH of these schools have more players on NFL rosters @ the end of 2006 than the golden showerers of mini-soda.

2. [Get your facts straight too, Minneapolis isn't even in the top 25 Metropolitans in the nation for murder rates. It's relatively safe compared to most Metropolitans.] ***We are not discussing "most Metropolitans," we are discussing cities and towns were schools are located. What other city with a Big 10 campus has 25+ murders already in 2007? Iowa City? LMAO! Madison? Which major college campus town in the US has experienced 99 murders in a single year? Evanston?? Christ, you even had a player gunned down in the street a few years ago!

3. You keep calling Punky a "coach" as though he is actually a Head Coach. To date; other than in title, he had achieved the status of a tight ends coach. That really has to open the eyes of some kid who "wants to get to the next level" as a linebacker! LMAO!

OnTheFifty
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Lakes - couple of Misc. thoughts on "So mr. PUNKY will not have landed the TOP 3 recruits in Minnesota, AND had a kid attend the U of Minn Football camp last month, ONLY to pick Northwestern the next week."

1.)Top 3 in Minnesota - The consensous is Floyd, Mobley, and Maresh. Maresh is committed to Minn. Is there somebody else that you have in your top 3?

2.)The Northwestern commit. Again, if you have not offered a scholarship, it would be tough to get him to commit to walking on at this point. I beleive he could have been in the next level of Minnesota recruits that would have gotten an offer if some others current offers did not pan out. Supposedly he had a real good camp. Actually, I was hoping he would be a good get for the Green and Gold.

PantherHawk
07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
KEEP POSTING PANTHERHAWK!!!!!!!!!

U dont lie!!! facts are facts.

Like I always say, "The truth shall set you free!" This is why the goofer nation hates me; they do not want to deal with the facts and difficult questions while they are making their travel plans for Pasedena in 2008!! Same reason they hate Pat Ruesse; who has a log history of pointing out the "emperor has no clothes." They are content to wallow in delusion as they sip the Punky koolaid with their heads burried in their gopherholes!!

Goldy93
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Like I always say, "The truth shall set you free!" This is why the goofer nation hates me; they do not want to deal with the facts and difficult questions while they are making their travel plans for Pasedena in 2008!! Same reason they hate Pat Ruesse; who has a log history of pointing out the "emperor has no clothes." They are content to wallow in delusion as they sip the Punky koolaid with their heads burried in their gopherholes!!

Slygopher, if a coach has no head coaching experience, does that really matter? Would you be more impressed if Brewster's resume was that he had been the head coach at Oakland CC, or his current resume? To me, the lack of head coaching experience is not important, because he clearly has a resume that shows potential and he has assembled an impressive staff. If someone expects a head coach to come into a program and turn it around in 6 months, they are delusional. I think Gophers fans believe that Brewster can do the job over time, but the overwhelming majority of us are not idiotic enough to believe that he should have a top 5 recruiting class for 2008 and that we will be going to the Rose Bowl this year. Maybe in 5 years, but not this year.

PantherHawk
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Lakes - couple of Misc. thoughts on "So mr. PUNKY will not have landed the TOP 3 recruits in Minnesota, AND had a kid attend the U of Minn Football camp last month, ONLY to pick Northwestern the next week."

1.)Top 3 in Minnesota - The consensous is Floyd, Mobley, and Maresh. Maresh is committed to Minn. Is there somebody else that you have in your top 3?

2.)The Northwestern commit. Again, if you have not offered a scholarship, it would be tough to get him to commit to walking on at this point. I beleive he could have been in the next level of Minnesota recruits that would have gotten an offer if some others current offers did not pan out. Supposedly he had a real good camp. Actually, I was hoping he would be a good get for the Green and Gold.

goofers have absolutely ZERO chance of landing Floyd or Mobley. As for Maresh, as the gweebs on GloryHole.com and GooberIllustrated keep moaning to cover Punky's YTD recruiting flop," its a loooooong way to signing day!"

IowaBisonToo
07-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Although I don't like what Brewster did in Moorhead, I don't fault the guy. My guess is that's a lot of why people don't like him. In terms of recruiting, you tell me how easy it would be to recruit kids, knowing they have to play in the Humptydome. I would wager that once TCF is built and operational and IF they begin finishing in the top 3-5 of the Big 10 on a consistent basis, the recruits will come a lot easier. In the mean time, Brewster will have to make do with what he has and develop the talent that is there to meet his offensive and defensive schemes. Really, only time will tell.

PantherHawk
07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
To me, the lack of head coaching experience is not important, because he clearly has a resume that shows potential and he has assembled an impressive staff. If someone expects a head coach to come into a program and turn it around in 6 months, they are delusional. I think Gophers fans believe that Brewster can do the job over time, but the overwhelming majority of us are not idiotic enough to believe that he should have a top 5 recruiting class for 2008 and that we will be going to the Rose Bowl this year. Maybe in 5 years, but not this year.
[To me, the lack of head coaching experience is not important, because he clearly has a resume that shows potential and he has assembled an impressive staff. If someone expects a head coach to come into a program and turn it around in 6 months, they are delusional.] ***This is precisely why you put up with mason's B/S for 10 years. "Impressive staff?" Bunch of hacks, hasbeens and his 3rd choices..........impressive!!!!

Goldy93
07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
To me, the lack of head coaching experience is not important, because he clearly has a resume that shows potential and he has assembled an impressive staff. If someone expects a head coach to come into a program and turn it around in 6 months, they are delusional. ***This is precisely why you put up with mason's B/S for 10 years. "Impressive staff?" Bunch of hacks, hasbeens and his 3rd choices..........impressive!!!!

Slygopher, you have not changed. Still spouting that wisdom you get from being on the planet for 17 years.

PantherHawk
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Slygopher, you have not changed. Still spouting that wisdom you get from being on the planet for 17 years.
No need for insults when confronted with FACTS you can't get your head around!

56BISON73
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I do believe almost every head coach started out as an assistant. I dont think I know of any head coach that didnt go through that process.

Considering the recent past history of the Gophers and the late hire of Brewster I DONT find it odd that MN didnt get alot of top recruits. All MN has to do is show improvement then watch out. PL

imabison
07-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I do believe almost every head coach started out as an assistant. I dont think I know of any head coach that didnt go through that process.

Considering the recent past history of the Gophers and the late hire of Brewster I DONT find it odd that MN didnt get alot of top recruits. All MN has to do is show improvement then watch out. PL
I concur ++++++++

Shawn-O
07-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Brewster is doing the right things to mend fences with the high school coaches, that's for sure.

SirHinn
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
goofers have absolutely ZERO chance of landing Floyd or Mobley. As for Maresh, as the gweebs on GloryHole.com and GooberIllustrated keep moaning to cover Punky's YTD recruiting flop," its a loooooong way to signing day!"

Do you have anything to say about NDSU football? You say the same boring repetive stuff over and over. Perhaps you forget, this is bisonville. Get banned from all the Gopher sites because they got sick of your rambling nonsense?

56BISON73
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Pantherhawk is the mascot of what school???? PL

buffalobilljr
07-02-2007, 11:54 PM
I understand that lakes thinks Punky Brewster is almost humann!!!!!!!!!!!

PantherHawk
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Do you have anything to say about NDSU football? You say the same boring repetive stuff over and over. Perhaps you forget, this is bisonville. Get banned from all the Gopher sites because they got sick of your rambling nonsense?
Will you ever respond directly to one of my counter-points with something other than, " nah nah----na----nah nah, you got banned from the goofer sites?"

WildBill
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Will you ever respond directly to one of my counter-points with something other than, " nah nah----na----nah nah, you got banned from the goofer sites?"

Ever said anything remotely unbiased towards the Gophers program. Scratch that-about any program other than the Hawkeyes. Good god,you hate the Gophers,they get it. This is the Bison board,not a forum for you to show your hate of the Gophers

PantherHawk
07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Ever said anything remotely unbiased towards the Gophers program. Scratch that-about any program other than the Hawkeyes. Good god,you hate the Gophers,they get it. This is the Bison board,not a forum for you to show your hate of the Gophers
"Unbiased" is a very poor word choice. You can be positively [biased] as you can be negatively [biased]. I support the Bison as I support I-AA football.....except when they are playing UNI. Even though your shade of green is not my color, I bought a shirt and went to the game in Murderapolis and cheered your team on! As far as "bias" goes, show me what I have said that cannot be back up with FACT!? Why can't I counter-point all of their Rose Bowl '08, top 20 recruiting class and National power in 5 years BS?

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
"Unbiased" is a very poor word choice. You can be positively [biased] as you can be negatively [biased]. I support the Bison as I support I-AA football.....except when they are playing UNI. Even though your shade of green is not my color, I bought a shirt and went to the game in Murderapolis and cheered your team on! As far as "bias" goes, show me what I have said that cannot be back up with FACT!? Why can't I counter-point all of their Rose Bowl '08, top 20 recruiting class and National power in 5 years BS?

Slygopher, you are not stating facts about a new coach and a new program. You are either rehashing things with facts that are inaccurate at best or you are making predictions based on past results, which is never a good thing, unless you have the same staff in place. Brewster never said that the Gophers were going to the Rose Bowl in '08, he never said they were going to be a national power in 5 years, he never said they would have a top 20 recruiting class. What he did say was that he has "goals" for the program, which are completely different than statements of what will happen. Those goals are to go to the Rose Bowl (never stated a year), get a top 20 recruiting class and eventually a top 15 class and make it to a National Championship game, eventually. You need to get your facts straight and if you are so afraid to go to Minneapolis then stay home.

PantherHawk
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Slygopher, you are not stating facts about a new coach and a new program. he never said they were going to be a national power in 5 years, What he did say was that he has "goals" for the program, which are completely different than statements of what will happen. Those goals are to go to the Rose Bowl (never stated a year), get a top 20 recruiting class and eventually a top 15 class and make it to a National Championship game, eventually. You need to get your facts straight and if you are so afraid to go to Minneapolis then stay home.

[You are either rehashing things with facts that are inaccurate at best or you are making predictions based on past results, which is never a good thing, unless you have the same staff in place.] ***So looking at the past 45+ years of data is not a good way to predict the future?? Are you the Dean of the MN school of Statistics?

[Brewster never said that the Gophers were going to the Rose Bowl in '08,] ***What else would you take this statement to mean: "We are going to take the goofernation to Pasedena....I am talking sooner as opposed to later....we owe it to the SENIORS on this team?" Gonna be pretty hard to take this years seniors to the Rose Bowl in 2011, don't you think?

[ he never said they would have a top 20 recruiting class.] *** Really?????????????? Better scoot over to Rivals b4 you BS > "Brewster still thinking top 20 class" - foggieguy 7/3 6:33 AM (show all) Views 241. Or is he already thinking 2015 recruiting? LMAO!

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 05:51 PM
No I am not the dean and if all you go by is past statistics to predict what is going to happen you ignore the changes a new head coach can make.
As for Pasadena, he did not say a year. What he said was "My expectations from day one are going to be to win the Big Ten Championship. That’s what the seniors deserve and what everybody deserves." So, you are correct in interpreting this as meaning 2008. Finally, regarding recruiting classes, you are wrong. Did you even read the article in the post and then reference back to what I said before? Of course not. Read the article linked in the rivals post and it clearly says it is Brewster's goal. Here is a quotation from the article and I will not edit or change anything:

"Gopher coach Tim Brewster’s goal is to have a “top 20” college football recruiting class for 2008. Brewster and his assistant coaches have devoted extraordinary time and energy the last several months to making their first recruiting group one of the best in school history.

“We will be very, very disappointed if we don’t have a top 20 recruiting class in the country,” Brewster told Sports Headliners. “…Obviously, if we’re in the top 20 in the country, then…we’ll be in the upper end of the Big Ten (Conference) which is where we need to be, which is where we should be.”

Beyond 2008? Brewster expects to set the goal at top 15 or better in recruiting rankings. “Each and every year I think we’ll take steps of re-establishing ourselves as one of the elite programs in college football,” he said. “Without question that’s going to be accomplished. …

“I couldn’t be any more excited about how the (recruiting) process is evolving to this point. We’ve made tremendous inroads in the state of Minnesota and in the country in areas in which we targeted. … California, Texas, Florida where we’re going to go get dynamic football players that can help us win a championship.

WildBill
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Bottomline is,who cares? Brewster is known for his recruiting,which is why he was hired. And it's July,way too early to be worried about recruiting. But it's a moot point,because it has nothing to do with the Bison.

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry to all of the NDSU fans out there. I do not want to innundate your board by responding to Slygopher a/k/a Pantherhawk. He was a pain on the Gopher's boards and was banned. It is just so hard to resist responding when someone is so irritating. I am sure you could care less about Gopher's recruiting, etc. I originally came over here to see what NDSU fans thought about the upcoming game and season.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM

In my opinion, our game against Minnesota was one of the lesser performances of the year by the Bison. We had to play better games against UC Davis, Ball State, SDSU, and Georgia Southern to win. Might have missed one or two. Minnesota was't as good (offensively) as any of the above.

I agree with you about the Gophers last year. They played very inconsistently. I've been a Gophers fan also. I taught in Minnesota for many years. Last year was pretty typical in terms of the ups and downs. It was always about which team would show up...no matter which coach was there. Minnesota basketball and football are revolving doors for coaches. That's the reputation. Decent coaches go to Minnesota to die...and to be taken apart by the media. It's been that way since Warmath left town.

NDSU has had many DII teams that could have played against Minnesota over the years. Consistency has been a big part of the most dominant program in the history of that division. Now, we've moved into new territory...but the tradition will remain, at a different level. You saw the 'beginning' stages of the development of a new era for NDSU football. Like Minnesota...we are building.

After the Ball State game, the announcers from there said that the Bison defense was stronger than Purdue and Indiana's from the previous weeks' games. Ball State took Michigan to the wire late last fall...in Michigan's own intimidating environment.

Going into the baggy for the first time had to be a little bit intimidating for the Bison players. They really weren't at the top of their game offensively. Most Bison fans were hoping that it wouldn't be a blowout. I was shocked that the Bison blew out the Gophers so thoroughly in so many areas...but I was also shocked that the Bison had so many miscues in the red zone. That was the story of the game...miscues in the red zone by the Bison. Minnesota had one drive. They scored the touchdown...to their credit.

We're just having a little bit of fun with this. Most of us know that the Big Ten is a tough conference to compete in week after week. Who'd want to play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State year after year? I understand that.

As a North Dakota native and a person that became a Gophers fan while living in Minnesota, I enjoyed the game very much last fall. While I have many friends in Minnesota, I had to chuckle just a little about the superiority complex that Minnesota has had over the Dakotas...about anything. You name it, Minnesota's better. But now, walleye fishing is better in the Dakotas...and Minnesotans flock into North Dakota to hunt. And oh my...Bison football is on the scene. The level of play that you saw was of no surprise to us. We're accustomed to the Bison playing at a VERY high level, no matter who the competition is.

Minnesotans should be proud of their state. It's a great place. I'm proud to have lived there.

I was amused by Mason's use of the throwback uniforms last fall. I considered it to be a small slap in the face. There's no tradition between the Gophers and the Bison.

The game last fall 'was' a fluke. The fluke was that Minnesota won. On an ordinary Bison weekend, that was a 2 or 3 touchdown win. Slam dunk.

The Bison won't be intimidated this time around. We learned last fall that the difference between a program like SU's and a program like Minnesota's is just a matter of a skill player or two. The tradition of Bison football is consistency. They won't be any more jacked up than last year. If anything...they'll be more confident and at ease with the surroundings. The Bison don't need 'emotion' to play with the Gophers. They just need to play their game.

Bisons 35....Gophers 17

Write it down.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM

In my opinion, our game against Minnesota was one of the lesser performances of the year by the Bison. We had to play better games against UC Davis, Ball State, SDSU, and Georgia Southern to win. Might have missed one or two. Minnesota was't as good (offensively) as any of the above.

I agree with you about the Gophers last year. They played very inconsistently. I've been a Gophers fan also. I taught in Minnesota for many years. Last year was pretty typical in terms of the ups and downs. It was always about which team would show up...no matter which coach was there. Minnesota basketball and football are revolving doors for coaches. That's the reputation. Decent coaches go to Minnesota to die...and to be taken apart by the media. It's been that way since Warmath left town.

NDSU has had many DII teams that could have played against Minnesota over the years. Consistency has been a big part of the most dominant program in the history of that division. Now, we've moved into new territory...but the tradition will remain, at a different level. You saw the 'beginning' stages of the development of a new era for NDSU football. Like Minnesota...we are building.

After the Ball State game, the announcers from there said that the Bison defense was stronger than Purdue and Indiana's from the previous weeks' games. Ball State took Michigan to the wire late last fall...in Michigan's own intimidating environment.

Going into the baggy for the first time had to be a little bit intimidating for the Bison players. They really weren't at the top of their game offensively. Most Bison fans were hoping that it wouldn't be a blowout. I was shocked that the Bison blew out the Gophers so thoroughly in so many areas...but I was also shocked that the Bison had so many miscues in the red zone. That was the story of the game...miscues in the red zone by the Bison. Minnesota had one drive. They scored the touchdown...to their credit.

We're just having a little bit of fun with this. Most of us know that the Big Ten is a tough conference to compete in week after week. Who'd want to play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State year after year? I understand that.

As a North Dakota native and a person that became a Gophers fan while living in Minnesota, I enjoyed the game very much last fall. While I have many friends in Minnesota, I had to chuckle just a little about the superiority complex that Minnesota has had over the Dakotas...about anything. You name it, Minnesota's better. But now, walleye fishing is better in the Dakotas...and Minnesotans flock into North Dakota to hunt. And oh my...Bison football is on the scene. The level of play that you saw was of no surprise to us. We're accustomed to the Bison playing at a VERY high level, no matter who the competition is.

Minnesotans should be proud of their state. It's a great place. I'm proud to have lived there.

I was amused by Mason's use of the throwback uniforms last fall. I considered it to be a small slap in the face. There's no tradition between the Gophers and the Bison.

The game last fall 'was' a fluke. The fluke was that Minnesota won. On an ordinary Bison weekend, that was a 2 or 3 touchdown win. Slam dunk.

The Bison won't be intimidated this time around. We learned last fall that the difference between a program like SU's and a program like Minnesota's is just a matter of a skill player or two. The tradition of Bison football is consistency. They won't be any more jacked up than last year. If anything...they'll be more confident and at ease with the surroundings. The Bison don't need 'emotion' to play with the Gophers. They just need to play their game.

Abberation? Hardly

PS- Bison fans are always optimistic and euphoric. We have reason to be...always.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I look for the Gophers to make a statement. The Bison came in and embarassed the Gophers in front of a lot of Alumni.

As they are frequently...they will be embarrassed again. It's the Gopher tradition.

buffalobilljr
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Can you carry a tune in a bucket?

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
All right, CaBison, I will write it down. 35-17 is your prediction. My prediction for the score is close to yours but transposing teams, I was predicting 38-14 Minny. I guess we will see when the game is played and I will be there. It should be fun.

BTW, for anyone, how is NDSU's passing game and running game this year? What are the expectations?

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Personally, I have nothing against the Dakotas. My dad was born in South Dakota and I like to go out there hunting.

tcbison
07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
All right, CaBison, I will write it down. 35-17 is your prediction. My prediction for the score is close to yours but transposing teams, I was predicting 38-14 Minny. I guess we will see when the game is played and I will be there. It should be fun.

BTW, for anyone, how is NDSU's passing game and running game this year? What are the expectations?

Coach Bohl has said that NDSU's offensive line will be the best he has ever had. We lost a WR and RB due to graduation, but we have Steve Walker coming back at QB. NDSU's offense should be as good to even better than last year. Shamen Washington was hurt last year for special teams and he will be one to watch. He was a preseason All-American before getting hurt last year.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 09:16 PM

We have a clutch 'gamer' at quarterback. Steve Walker is the real deal. Maybe not a pro prospect, but he has proven to be a winner. We have to replace an outstanding wideout with speed. Question mark.

We lost Kyle Steffes at running back...a big loss. But recruiting seems to have gone well and there are returning backs that could be very good. Tyler Roehl at fullback is versatile and another gamer. We recruited at kid out of Texas (McNorton) who could be special. My hunch is that it will be by committee...but still strong. The O-Line is experienced, huge, and outstanding.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Can you carry a tune in a bucket?

Depends on the weather and the day.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Personally, I have nothing against the Dakotas. My dad was born in South Dakota and I like to go out there hunting.

That's good...you are somewhat unique.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Coach Bohl has said that NDSU's offensive line will be the best he has ever had. We lost a WR and RB due to graduation, but we have Steve Walker coming back at QB. NDSU's offense should be as good to even better than last year. Shamen Washington was hurt last year for special teams and he will be one to watch. He was a preseason All-American before getting hurt last year.

+++++++++++

Goldy93
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
So, it sounds like your O line is pretty much intact from last year and your QB is back. Two big keys. Losing your RB can hurt. After Maroney, Esslinger and Setterstrom went to the NFL and Russel could not make it to class, the Gophers running game and offense really suffered last year.