PDA

View Full Version : Summit League Tourneys in 09 and 10

JackJD
06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m., at the Sioux Falls Convention and Visitors' Bureau, there will be a Summit League press conference to announce the League's basketball tourneys for 2009 and 2010 will be in Sioux Falls!! While that's great news for SDSU, it's not bad news for NDSU fans too!

sambini
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Congrats and thanks JACKJD++

roadwarrior
06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Lets see.....drive to Tulsa or Sioux Falls?

lakesbison
06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Who is gonna be in charge of hanging BISON banners above I 29 overpasses between Fargo & Sioux Falls.

Ill take Exit 1- cuz I cant seem to go by there without dropping $200-250 every FREAKIN time.

89rabbit
06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
It is offical:

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=944767

Sioux Falls to Host 2009-2010 Summit League Basketball Championships

ELMHURST, Ill. - The Summit League will head to Sioux Falls, S.D., and the Sioux Falls Arena for its men’s and women’s basketball championships in 2009 and 2010 Commissioner Tom Douple announced today.

"We are very excited about having our basketball tournament in Sioux Falls," Douple said. "It will be great for the city and the region, and we anticipate tremendous support from the community. We are especially looking forward to bringing March Madness to the state of South Dakota."

The Summit League Presidents Council voted Monday to move the league’s top event to the largest city in South Dakota. "We look forward to having the tournament in Sioux Falls," said Dr. Al Goldfarb, president of Western Illinois University and chair of the Presidents Council. "It will provide a very positive experience for our student-athletes." . . . (read more)

Go State! :)

NDSUguy
06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Sioux Falls will be a great spot for the tourney... Too bad the Jacks won't be a contender! :) It would be a great homefield advantage... I guess they'll have to root for the Bison!!!

TheDoctor
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Sioux Falls will be a great spot for the tourney... Too bad the Jacks won't be a contender! :) It would be a great homefield advantage... I guess they'll have to root for the Bison!!!

:D :D :D :D :D I am stoked for the relatively short distance we will have to travel! ;)

89rabbit
06-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Yea, you keep thinking that way. That is just the way we like it. :nod:

Go Jackrabbits! :D

TheDoctor
06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Yea, you keep thinking that way. That is just the way we like it. :nod:

Go Jackrabbits! :D

Playing the role of the coy underdog! Classic. ;)

SDbison
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
:D :D :D :D :D I am stoked for the relatively short distance we will have to travel! ;)

I will have to travel about 18 miles to get to the Arena. Too bad the Jacks won't be able to take advantage of being so close to homecourt. I expect the Bison to win the Summit tournament in 2009. Maybe the Jacks will have a chance in 2010.

roadwarrior
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't count out the "homefield" advantage for the Jacks.

TheBisonator
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
YEEESSSS!!!! This is awesome news!!! A 4-hour, 245 mile drive compared to a 2 1/2 day, 1,000+ mile one... I think I'll take the 4-hour, 245 mile drive, thank you very much!!! Awesome news for us fans in the Dakotas who will want to actually SEE our teams in the tourney!!!

JackJD
06-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Okay, we've read your opinions on the Summit tourney for the men. As you would expect, many Jackrabbit faithful disagree and are cautiously optimistic that this is the spring-back year for the men.

Now, don't tell me you've totally flipped out and you think the Bison women will do better than the Jackrabbit women!

NDSUstudent
06-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Okay, we've read your opinions on the Summit tourney for the men. As you would expect, many Jackrabbit faithful disagree and are cautiously optimistic that this is the spring-back year for the men.

Now, don't tell me you've totally flipped out and you think the Bison women will do better than the Jackrabbit women!

Just like Nagy, Ruley has a lot of work to do to in order to catch up.

NDSUguy
06-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Since this is in the "men's basketball" forum.... I was talking specifically about the men. The Jacks women are far superior to our lady bison (for right now).