PDA

View Full Version : Chapman returns

NDSUstudent
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Running back Cinque Chapman has regained his academic eligibility and is on pace to rejoin the North Dakota State football team this fall.

Bison head coach Craig Bohl said Chapman has indicated a desire to play this fall following an absence of a year and a half. He was suspended following 2006 spring football practice.

“We have an understanding that he is coming back at the bottom of the depth chart and at his own expense,” Bohl said.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=170071

tony
06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Man, that's says a lot about Cinque! Way to go - get that degree!

Good luck, Mr. Chapman! Hehe, I'm actually more excited about this than I would be if he ripped off a 50 yard TD run.

SDbison
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Running back Cinque Chapman has regained his academic eligibility and is on pace to rejoin the North Dakota State football team this fall.

Bison head coach Craig Bohl said Chapman has indicated a desire to play this fall following an absence of a year and a half. He was suspended following 2006 spring football practice.

“We have an understanding that he is coming back at the bottom of the depth chart and at his own expense,” Bohl said.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=170071
Great News! I wish Chapman success on and off the field.

BisBison
06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Good for Cinque and good luck to him. I think this says a lot about his character. Back on his own expense too according to the article. I guess this goes to show ya that the saying "Once a Bison Always a Bison" must really be true. I think he has two years eligibility left, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jdubs21
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
dont give him praise yet...just cuz he said he is coming back and has his grades in order,...dont forget for the past year or two he has been nothing but trouble and a waste of a scholarship in my opinion....i hope he does turn around but just cuz he says he is gonna change it around...praise him when he proves it, not the day he says it

SirHinn
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
dont give him praise yet...just cuz he said he is coming back and has his grades in order,...dont forget for the past year or two he has been nothing but trouble and a waste of a scholarship in my opinion....i hope he does turn around but just cuz he says he is gonna change it around...praise him when he proves it, not the day he says it

A waste of a scholarship? Been nothing but trouble? Tell me how he was nothing but trouble outside of not having his grades in order. Tell me coaches or people within the athletic department have given you information in regards to that. If you think he was a waste of a scholarship, I hate to wonder what you think of some of the backups that end up being practice players for most of their careers.

Good to see Cinque back, suddenly running back has quite the depth if he comes back the player he was. Certainly good news to Bison fans as well as Cinque supporters.

WYOBISONMAN
06-27-2007, 12:54 AM
I respect the kid for trying. I hope he does well!

Best of luck to Cinque.

Bisonguy
06-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Great Story!!

Best wishes to Cinque this upcoming season.

BisBison
06-27-2007, 01:00 AM

Wow. I'm glad I wasn't your kid. As far as I know the only issue with Cinque has been his grades. If he's gotten himself eligible and wants to re-join the team basically as a walk-on at the bottom of the depth chart and prove himself, I say more power to him and wish him luck. We need the depth at RB and he knows the system. As to a waste of scolarship what do you want? He had good numbers when he was in spelling Steffes. I'll say it again Good Luck Cinque:D glad to have you back.:nod: :nod: BEAT GOOPHERS.

Jdubs21
06-27-2007, 01:09 AM
so he helped the team by sitting out most of the season cuz he is to lazy and cant pass fricken generals?...and as far as other RB's that are jsut practice players teir whole lives....atleast they make the university look good by being elligible, not by failing....and if u read the bottom of my comment i did say i hope he really does change this time but i am not gonna kiss his ass until i am watchin him run all over the goofs on october because he actually can play....i never once questioned his talent...just his effort...if he cared so much about football and the bison football team he woulda been elligible

heymch86
06-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Cinque was suspended for a game in 2005 for being passed out in the backseat of a car that was pulled over and got an underage drinking violation. So, no, Cinque's grades were not the only problem he had before.

NDSUFREAK
06-27-2007, 02:29 AM
I am going to flip shit (and so will everyone else I hope) when this guy gets his first TD this year. It will be wild!!!

sambini
06-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Good luck Q and welcome back+++

tony
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
More on Chapman from Kolpack (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/170128)

Working two jobs too. I like it when kids turn things around.

Hehe, who was sleeping in church when the preacher was doing his sermon on Luke 15 (besides me)?

gobison1
06-27-2007, 03:55 PM
so he helped the team by sitting out most of the season cuz he is to lazy and cant pass fricken generals?...and as far as other RB's that are jsut practice players teir whole lives....atleast they make the university look good by being elligible, not by failing....and if u read the bottom of my comment i did say i hope he really does change this time but i am not gonna kiss his ass until i am watchin him run all over the goofs on october because he actually can play....i never once questioned his talent...just his effort...if he cared so much about football and the bison football team he woulda been elligible

I don't think he is asking anybody to kiss his ass. I think he has decided to get his academics in order so he can give himself the opportunity to play football again and get a degree. Maybe he struggles in school? Maybe it doesn't come as easy to him as it does to others. It is amazing to me how quick people are to judge these young men. They are not perfect just like you and I. I wish I knew you better Jdubs because I am pretty sure that if I did I could probably sit down and pick apart different things in your life as well.

Keep those grades up Cinque and get ur ass in the weight room. Sounds like you have some more hard work ahead of you. Good luck and hopefully we will see you out there this fall!

X-Factor
06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
mad props to Cinque for coming back. That is not easy at all.

He does have a tough road to hoe from here out compared to if he was on the team all along. The backfield is getting VERY crowded with it being basically a crap shoot as to who will be the starter this fall between 6 or 7 different guys (all very capable).

Yo
06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't think he is asking anybody to kiss his ass. I think he has decided to get his academics in order so he can give himself the opportunity to play football again and get a degree. Maybe he struggles in school? Maybe it doesn't come as easy to him as it does to others. It is amazing to me how quick people are to judge these young men. They are not perfect just like you and I. I wish I knew you better Jdubs because I am pretty sure that if I did I could probably sit down and pick apart different things in your life as well.

Keep those grades up Cinque and get ur ass in the weight room. Sounds like you have some more hard work ahead of you. Good luck and hopefully we will see you out there this fall!

VERY well said.:nod: :nod: :nod: