06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Safe and Drago were AA's, as well. :nod:

sambini
06-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Drago way to go++++++

TheDoctor
06-22-2007, 03:29 AM
Safe and Drago were AA's, as well. :nod:

Preseason ALL-AMERICAN'S??? NO Joe "The Train Wreck" Mays???? I think that is a HUGE mistake. Prove them wrong Joseph! ;)

02Bison
06-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Preseason ALL-AMERICAN'S??? NO Joe "The Train Wreck" Mays???? I think that is a HUGE mistake. Prove them wrong Joseph! ;)

You may as well lobby for Humber too if you want Mays on it. Joe and Ramon's stats were very similar. Don't believe it, check out the 2006 stats on Gobison.com

NorthernBison
06-22-2007, 01:24 PM
As long as the Bison defense continues to play like they did last year, it will be almost impossible for Mays or Humber to put up the kind of stats that draw national attention. Joe would likely put up eye-popping numbers if he played in a mediocre defense. In the Bison defense, the tackles, sacks, pass-breakups, and interceptions get spread around. Actually, the more dominating Joe becomes, the more numbers Humber and others will put up.

The past example that I can think of is Todd Wash and Phil Hanson. I didn't look this up but I believe that Todd had a better season as a junior than he did as a Senior. That might have had something to do with Phil drawing some extra attention allowing Todd more one on one contests as a junior while Todd ended up drawing the extra attention from defenses as a senior and that cut down on his ability to get to the QB as often.

There might also be something to the different defensive schemes because Cal Poly has had LB's with huge stat sheets but their defenses have been pretty good. I'm not an X and O expert but obviously their defensive schemes have allowed their linebackers to stand out.

TheDoctor
06-22-2007, 01:52 PM
What the hell, Humber is one of my students too. While were at it, lets just throw in Maresh and call it good. The whole starting linebacking crew are PE majors so I think they all should be AA ;). Seriously though, I agree that Joe will never put up the numbers in a defense like that. As stated, the tackles are spread pretty evenly. I do think if he got a little quicker (which he is working on this summer) that he could close the gap faster and thus raise the number of tackles he personally has. ;)

Bison06
06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
As long as the Bison defense continues to play like they did last year, it will be almost impossible for Mays or Humber to put up the kind of stats that draw national attention. Joe would likely put up eye-popping numbers if he played in a mediocre defense. In the Bison defense, the tackles, sacks, pass-breakups, and interceptions get spread around. Actually, the more dominating Joe becomes, the more numbers Humber and others will put up.

The past example that I can think of is Todd Wash and Phil Hanson. I didn't look this up but I believe that Todd had a better season as a junior than he did as a Senior. That might have had something to do with Phil drawing some extra attention allowing Todd more one on one contests as a junior while Todd ended up drawing the extra attention from defenses as a senior and that cut down on his ability to get to the QB as often.

There might also be something to the different defensive schemes because Cal Poly has had LB's with huge stat sheets but their defenses have been pretty good. I'm not an X and O expert but obviously their defensive schemes have allowed their linebackers to stand out.

Our defense, as all of our linebackers will tell you, is set up to funnel the ball to the strong safety most of the time. That is why it was such a big big loss losing Craig. Not that every single player on our defense isn't important, but if I had to pick one that needs to be on his game every play it would be the strong safety. So in theory our SS should have pretty impressive stats most years.

SMEnetwork
06-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Just to inform everyone, we are currently putting together our on poll. It will be the SME Network/broadcasters Top 25.

We are going to have between 20-25 broadcasters around the FCS from various conferences taking part. We have already listed the names of the voters already taking part on the site. It can be found on the football section of our site.

www.smebroadcasting.com (http://www.smebroadcasting.com)

There is no FCS poll where the broadcaster have vote. It is a shame since the broadcasters see more teams each year than the writers do. It will be posted mid-july, along with our preseason conference predictions.

Yo
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks much. Looking forward to it.