PDA

View Full Version : TC Sportswriter Rips Brewster & Staff Big Time

PantherHawk
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
And the Gloryhole.com crowd is having a hissy fit!!

brickyard1981

(6/21/07 9:41 am)

Ruesse cites Brewster as a source for his professional
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
resurgence in light of all the negativity at the paper this morning on KSTP.

Ruesse joked that the over the top Brewster personality and hype will give him new material for years and will help him overcome all the negativity at the paper with the Avista staff cuts.

1. Brewster used some spear/ with flag prop at recent camps that he considers corny and clownish.

2. His practices, if run like the camps, will be "Chinese fire drills" based upon the the disorganization shown at the camps

3. The Brewster Rose Bowl 2008 claims border on abusurd and claims like this offer endless material to Ruesse.

4. The staff is almost entirely made up of recruiters and other than "the crusty old OC" Dunbar and the DC Withers, they know nothing about teaching technique and running practices, and will not be able to get the players ready to compete in the Big 10 week to week, regardless of raw talent.

5. Ruesse predicts that these guys will rercuit stars, and they better since they cannot coach, but it will not matter since the U will end up on probation. (I assume for recruiting violations)

6. Ruesse implies that the disorganization makes Wacker look like a genious and Mason look like a coaching god.

My take:[Brickyard1981's]

Ruesse is simply stirring the pot, but he has pointed out with some legitimacy that if Brewster does not follow through with strong and almost immediate results he has set himself and Maturi up for a great deal of heat and ridicule.

I will also add that even though I consider pre-season rankings and predictions to be fairly worthless, especially for the Big 10, the national pundits do not seem to be swallowing the Brewster Kool Aid much either.

Considering all the offensive line talent/depth, Pinnex/Thomas, and the fact that the defense can't do anything but be vastly improved I do not understand how anyone can pick Minnesota 9,10, or 11 in the Big 10.

Edited by: brickyard1981 at: 6/21/07 9:45 am

bisonaudit
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Reason #1 for picking them 9, 10, or 11 in the Big 11.

They should have lost the NDSU at home.

lakesbison
06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
haha LOVE IT!

RodentiaX
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Ruesse is just mailing it in as usual. He has about the same credibility as does Sid Hartman.

bisonaudit
06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Ruesse is just mailing it in as usual. He has about the same credibility as does Sid Hartman.

They're good counter balances. They're 'the best sports page in the country's' answer to Crossfire and I don't mean that as a complement. It's hard to believe but the rhetoric from these two guys makes Barerio look like the voice of reason.

semobison
06-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Sportswriters, most of them never played the game. They are wannabees! I have little respect for someone who criticizes a coach before he has even coached one game! Only time will tell weather Brewster is successful or not!

Yo
06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
They're good counter balances. They're 'the best sports page in the country's' answer to Crossfire and I don't mean that as a complement. It's hard to believe but the rhetoric from these two guys makes Barerio look like the voice of reason.

Well said.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PantherHawk
06-23-2007, 03:12 AM
Not only does Mr Mega Recruiter lose the stud QB from CA [Scott] everyone D-Head in the Goofer Nation thought they had in their pocket to Arizona, but they also lost an in state kid to Northwestern! :)) Recruiting was suppossed to be Brew Brew's thang and he gets whupped by Stoops and Fitzgerald?! This guy can't even out recruit Duh Mase!

lakesbison
06-23-2007, 05:45 AM
thats cuz PUNKY doesn't want competition for his lil boy!

SirHinn
06-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Not only does Mr Mega Recruiter lose the stud QB from CA [Scott] everyone D-Head in the Goofer Nation thought they had in their pocket to Arizona, but they also lost an in state kid to Northwestern! :)) Recruiting was suppossed to be Brew Brew's thang and he gets whupped by Stoops and Fitzgerald?! This guy can't even out recruit Duh Mase!

Have you seen the guys the gophers have already landed this year?? Have you seen the players that are actually considering even playing for Minnesota? Your mocking a coach who actually has blue chip recruits interested in coming to Minnesota. When was the last time you heard blue chip recruit and Golden Gopher football in the same sentence before Brewster came to Minnesota? To even compare Mason and Brewster makes your whole point completely flawed. Mason was a coach first and foremost, not a recruiter. If he recruited 1/10 as well as he coached, he'd still have a job. Brewster is a flat out recruiter who will get the best available players and change his system around the talent they have. Also, the only reason why Brewster lost out on McNaul was because of how late it was into the recruiting process.

sambini
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I think this is great that the guy can get kids even interested in Minnesota. The test will be if he hired a good staff that can coach these guys up. Do you guys think Michael Floyd would have considered the U when Mason was there?

PantherHawk
06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Have you seen the guys the gophers have already landed this year?? Have you seen the players that are actually considering even playing for Minnesota? Your mocking a coach who actually has blue chip recruits interested in coming to Minnesota. When was the last time you heard blue chip recruit and Golden Gopher football in the same sentence before Brewster came to Minnesota? To even compare Mason and Brewster makes your whole point completely flawed. Mason was a coach first and foremost, not a recruiter. If he recruited 1/10 as well as he coached, he'd still have a job. Brewster is a flat out recruiter who will get the best available players and change his system around the talent they have. Also, the only reason why Brewster lost out on McNaul was because of how late it was into the recruiting process.

Even though you lost all credibility with this statement: "Mason was a coach first and foremost, not a recruiter. If he recruited 1/10 as well as he coached, he'd still have a job." I will still try to help you out with the FACTS! :)

By this date last year, mason had 10 verbals. These 8 who ended up signing:

OG 88 Chris Bunders
(Osseo Sr.)
Osseo, MN 6-3/302 06/25/2006
Minnesota
OG 79 Ryan Orton
(Eden Prairie Sr.)
Eden Prairie, MN 6-4/260 06/16/2006
Minnesota
DT 62 Trey Davis
(Farmington Sr.)
Farmington, MN 6-2/280/5.40 04/24/2006
Minnesota
TE NR Collin McGarry
(Stillwater Sr.)
Stillwater, MN 6-4/230/4.70 04/20/2006
Minnesota
OT NR Ryan Wynn
(Maple Grove Sr.)
Maple Grove, MN 6-5/245 03/07/2006
Minnesota
WR NR Shane Potter
(Becker Sr.)
Becker, MN 6-1/185 03/07/2006
Minnesota
RB 87 Andre Tate
(Henry Sibley Sr.)
Mendota Heights, MN 6-1/206 03/06/2006
Minnesota
DE NR Anthony Jacobs
(Northfield Sr.)
Northfield, MN 6-3/250/4.75 03/06/2006
Minnesota

Plus 2 who did not sign in Feb; one decommed when Duh Mase was canned--Haney from out east--and a 3* DT from MI who didn't have the grades to get into MN.

Today, Coach goofster has 8 commits. 6 are from MN, and with the exception of Maresh, all would have gone to MN even if mason were still there. Of the out of staters, 1 is a punter from WI who could have walked on there or received a full ride at MN. The other, had 0 offers when he committed to MN, and has subsequently received several from west coast schools including UCLA where his dad coaches----don't bet the farm he ends up a goofer. Now, other than Maresh, where are the "hitters" the goofers have "actually landed this year?" 2* Ryan Grant? He only received an offer so brewster could get his foot in the door at EP. Nance and Soloman from CDH? They are down payments for the Michael Floyd pipe dream.

Over 1/2 of the Rivals 250 have committed and the master recruiter has 1 IN STATE commit! No one committed at their big camp last week. Oh, Scott did.....to Arizona!

lakesbison
06-23-2007, 03:06 PM
send that to reusse and barreiro.

SirHinn
06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Even though you lost all credibility with this statement: "Mason was a coach first and foremost, not a recruiter. If he recruited 1/10 as well as he coached, he'd still have a job." I will still try to help you out with the FACTS! :)

By this date last year, mason had 10 verbals. These 8 who ended up signing:

OG 88 Chris Bunders
(Osseo Sr.)
Osseo, MN 6-3/302 06/25/2006
Minnesota
OG 79 Ryan Orton
(Eden Prairie Sr.)
Eden Prairie, MN 6-4/260 06/16/2006
Minnesota
DT 62 Trey Davis
(Farmington Sr.)
Farmington, MN 6-2/280/5.40 04/24/2006
Minnesota
TE NR Collin McGarry
(Stillwater Sr.)
Stillwater, MN 6-4/230/4.70 04/20/2006
Minnesota
OT NR Ryan Wynn
(Maple Grove Sr.)
Maple Grove, MN 6-5/245 03/07/2006
Minnesota
WR NR Shane Potter
(Becker Sr.)
Becker, MN 6-1/185 03/07/2006
Minnesota
RB 87 Andre Tate
(Henry Sibley Sr.)
Mendota Heights, MN 6-1/206 03/06/2006
Minnesota
DE NR Anthony Jacobs
(Northfield Sr.)
Northfield, MN 6-3/250/4.75 03/06/2006
Minnesota

Plus 2 who did not sign in Feb; one decommed when Duh Mase was canned--Haney from out east--and a 3* DT from MI who didn't have the grades to get into MN.

Today, Coach goofster has 8 commits. 6 are from MN, and with the exception of Maresh, all would have gone to MN even if mason were still there. Of the out of staters, 1 is a punter from WI who could have walked on there or received a full ride at MN. The other, had 0 offers when he committed to MN, and has subsequently received several from west coast schools including UCLA where his dad coaches----don't bet the farm he ends up a goofer. Now, other than Maresh, where are the "hitters" the goofers have "actually landed this year?" 2* Ryan Grant? He only received an offer so brewster could get his foot in the door at EP. Nance and Soloman from CDH? They are down payments for the Michael Floyd pipe dream.

Over 1/2 of the Rivals 250 have committed and the master recruiter has 1 IN STATE commit! No one committed at their big camp last week. Oh, Scott did.....to Arizona!

You also forget to mention Mason's class in 2006 where his best players signed were Callender, Weber, and Becker. Or the year before when the best players in his class were Jay Thomas and Alex Daniels. You can continue to go down the list through out the years, Glen Mason's recruiting classes have been awful. He's continuously let the best players leave the state without even attempting to recruit them. How someone could even attempt to defend Mason's recruiting his beyond me. Mason also had a total of 8 3 star recruits commit last season and 2 of those came from Brewster. So far they've already landed 5 in this class. Your list is great for the players in Minnesota that Mason landed, but in 3 years from now it will be the same old story. Awful class after awful class. Some of those 2 star recruits that Mason is notorious for getting is one of the reasons why the Bison have just as much talent as the Gophs.

SirHinn
06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Don't forget under the radar studs from Minnesota such as Ramon Humber, Craig Dahl, or even Mike Maresh too. The Bison recruit speed and athleticism and figure out a position for those players later on which is a huge reason why they are so successful. Glen Mason recruits, well I'm not sure what Glen Mason recruits.

PantherHawk
06-23-2007, 05:41 PM
You also forget to mention Mason's class in 2006 where his best players signed were Callender, Weber, and Becker. Or the year before when the best players in his class were Jay Thomas and Alex Daniels. You can continue to go down the list through out the years, Glen Mason's recruiting classes have been awful. He's continuously let the best players leave the state without even attempting to recruit them. How someone could even attempt to defend Mason's recruiting his beyond me. Mason also had a total of 8 3 star recruits commit last season and 2 of those came from Brewster. So far they've already landed 5 in this class. Your list is great for the players in Minnesota that Mason landed, but in 3 years from now it will be the same old story. Awful class after awful class. Some of those 2 star recruits that Mason is notorious for getting is one of the reasons why the Bison have just as much talent as the Gophs.

Never said mason was the guru eveyone--including himself--says brewster is. My point is, for the man who came in yapping about Vince Young, Julius Peppers, '08 Rose Bowls and even National Championships, his '08 class is not all that! In the last 3 months, he has landed a walk-on punter from wisconsin.......big wow! Christ, he can't even land his own kid---the one who actually has talent.

"2 of those came from Brewster." One is his kid and the other is.....well.....what did you say his GPA is again?

SirHinn
06-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Never said mason was the guru eveyone--including himself--says brewster is. My point is, for the man who came in yapping about Vince Young, Julius Peppers, '08 Rose Bowls and even National Championships, his '08 class is not all that! In the last 3 months, he has landed a walk-on punter from wisconsin.......big wow! Christ, he can't even land his own kid---the one who actually has talent.

"2 of those came from Brewster." One is his kid and the other is.....well.....what did you say his GPA is again?

The Brewster that actually has talent? Wow pretty bold words considering that Clint had offers from atleast Tennesee, Illionis, South Carolina, and Colorado. That sounds like a scrub with absolute no talent to me. So who's more of an impact player between the 2? A QB who knows the spread offense and who was an elite 11 QB or a safety? Also, what do you expect Brewster to come in saying? We hope to play hard? We hope to be a team in the top 7 of the Big Ten? Of course the man is going to come in with a swagger, it's exactly what the Gophers need. If your coach is confident, it's going to reflect on the players. Bohl came in with the exact same swagger and so far it hasn't hurt him very much. Also, why do you think just because a player verbals, the recruiting process is over? The Gophs will still be going after Brewster and Scott.

PantherHawk
06-23-2007, 09:38 PM
The Brewster that actually has talent? Wow pretty bold words considering that Clint had offers from atleast Tennesee, Illionis, South Carolina, and Colorado. That sounds like a scrub with absolute no talent to me. So who's more of an impact player between the 2? A QB who knows the spread offense and who was an elite 11 QB or a safety? Also, what do you expect Brewster to come in saying? We hope to play hard? We hope to be a team in the top 7 of the Big Ten? Of course the man is going to come in with a swagger, it's exactly what the Gophers need. If your coach is confident, it's going to reflect on the players. Bohl came in with the exact same swagger and so far it hasn't hurt him very much. Also, why do you think just because a player verbals, the recruiting process is over? The Gophs will still be going after Brewster and Scott.

Dude, are you a goofer fan?? You don't sound like someone who has been sipping the BrewsterAid, you sound like someone who has had his head held under for about 10 minutes!!

1. Lets try to be honest ok [Clint had offers from atleast Tennesee, Illionis, South Carolina, and Colorado. ]:

Schools of Interest:
School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Minnesota Verbal Yes 02/02/2007
Illinois No Interest Yes 09/23/2006
Mississippi State No Interest Yes None
Southern Miss No Interest Yes None
Texas Tech No Interest No None
Washington No Interest No None
Washington State No Interest Yes 11/04/2006

I think you have confused TN with Miss. State??

2. [what do you expect Brewster to come in saying?] How about a little reality instead of Rose Bowl '08 and the mighty goofers are too good to play NDSU?

3. [Also, why do you think just because a player verbals, the recruiting process is over?] I don't, that is what you said in the other post about Sorenson! I said Kevan Walker will be long gone b4 Feb.

4. [A QB who knows the spread offense and who was an elite 11 QB or a safety?] On a team that is the defensive nightmare MN is, a safety alllllllll day long! I hate to be the one to break this to you, Hoss, but there is absolutey no similarity between the "junior spread" kid clyde played in, in HS in CO and what Dunbar operates! Don't tell you believe like the Gloryholers do; little Clint is going to come in and win the Heisman this year? Boy, that will make his brother wish he passed up TX to be a goofer! LMAO!

PantherHawk
06-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Brewster is a farce!! LMAO!

Plinnius

(6/23/07 9:57 pm)

Joe Schafer commits...
To Wisconsin.

TheRunninGopher

(6/23/07 10:03 pm)

Leonard Hubbard commits
to Wisconsin

boy what an awful day

Next Topic >>

SirHinn
06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Dude, are you a goofer fan?? You don't sound like someone who has been sipping the BrewsterAid, you sound like someone who has had his head held under for about 10 minutes!!

1. Lets try to be honest ok [Clint had offers from atleast Tennesee, Illionis, South Carolina, and Colorado. ]:

Schools of Interest:
School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Minnesota Verbal Yes 02/02/2007
Illinois No Interest Yes 09/23/2006
Mississippi State No Interest Yes None
Southern Miss No Interest Yes None
Texas Tech No Interest No None
Washington No Interest No None
Washington State No Interest Yes 11/04/2006

I think you have confused TN with Miss. State??

2. [what do you expect Brewster to come in saying?] How about a little reality instead of Rose Bowl '08 and the mighty goofers are too good to play NDSU?

3. [Also, why do you think just because a player verbals, the recruiting process is over?] I don't, that is what you said in the other post about Sorenson! I said Kevan Walker will be long gone b4 Feb.

4. [A QB who knows the spread offense and who was an elite 11 QB or a safety?] On a team that is the defensive nightmare MN is, a safety alllllllll day long! I hate to be the one to break this to you, Hoss, but there is absolutey no similarity between the "junior spread" kid clyde played in, in HS in CO and what Dunbar operates! Don't tell you believe like the Gloryholers do; little Clint is going to come in and win the Heisman this year? Boy, that will make his brother wish he passed up TX to be a goofer! LMAO!

1) Hate to break it to ya but your rivals site isn't all its cracked up to be. Perhaps you should explore a little bit and not rely on getting all your information from one website.
2) So you would like a coach to come in and say I hope we can finish in the top 10 within our conference then? Yes that is really going to help get the boosters fired up to donate money. It's really going to help with recruits and fans as well, pure genius on your part actually. That would have been great if Bohl came in and said I hope we can be above 500, that would have helped out the Bison community. I'm sure the boosters and fans would have loved that.
3) So whats the difference with Brewster and Kelly versus Walker then? Their verbals are as solid as Walker's. They won't struggle landing any WR's or QB's anyways, so not like it will actually matter too much.
4) Have you spoken to Mike Dunbar asking about whether or not there are any similarities between the offense Clint ran in HS and his own? Clint definately won't win the heisman but he'll definately be a better option then Weber or Mortensen in the long run.

You come off as an absolute Brewster hater and you sound very bitter. You also come off defending Mason why no one knows. According to you, Brewster can do no right. I'm not even a Gopher fan but I enjoy watching someone give life to a program that has definately struggled competing through out the years. Also, what is the incentive for the Gophers to keep playing the Bison? Perhaps another reason why your so bitter?

PantherHawk
06-24-2007, 03:23 PM
1) Hate to break it to ya but your rivals site isn't all its cracked up to be. Perhaps you should explore a little bit and not rely on getting all your information from one website.
2) So you would like a coach to come in and say I hope we can finish in the top 10 within our conference then? Yes that is really going to help get the boosters fired up to donate money. It's really going to help with recruits and fans as well, pure genius on your part actually. That would have been great if Bohl came in and said I hope we can be above 500, that would have helped out the Bison community. I'm sure the boosters and fans would have loved that.
3) So whats the difference with Brewster and Kelly versus Walker then? Their verbals are as solid as Walker's. They won't struggle landing any WR's or QB's anyways, so not like it will actually matter too much.
4) Have you spoken to Mike Dunbar asking about whether or not there are any similarities between the offense Clint ran in HS and his own? Clint definately won't win the heisman but he'll definately be a better option then Weber or Mortensen in the long run.

You come off as an absolute Brewster hater and you sound very bitter. You also come off defending Mason why no one knows. According to you, Brewster can do no right. I'm not even a Gopher fan but I enjoy watching someone give life to a program that has definately struggled competing through out the years. Also, what is the incentive for the Gophers to keep playing the Bison? Perhaps another reason why your so bitter?
Bitter? I love goofer football........the best comedy in the TCs!!!!!!! Defend mason? Is that why I called him Duh Mase?? Pretty slow on the uptick, [ain't ya] litte feller?! My entire point is that Brewster is no better than Mason was!!! Sooner or later, goofer fans are going to be forced to wrap their 10 cc brains around this fact! Until then, it is simply hilarious watching them make fools of themselves!!!!

SirHinn
06-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Bitter? I love goofer football........the best comedy in the TCs!!!!!!! Defend mason? Is that why I called him Duh Mase?? Pretty slow on the uptick, [ain't ya] litte feller?! My entire point is that Brewster is no better than Mason was!!! Sooner or later, goofer fans are going to be forced to wrap their 10 cc brains around this fact! Until then, it is simply hilarious watching them make fools of themselves!!!!

Your point is flawed because you didn't address any of the points. Your point is also flawed because you feel the need insult people instead of just sticking to the issues.
Also, Brewster is already better then Mason was. The day he showed up on campus, he showed he was better then Mason ever was simply because of one thing. It spoke volumes of Mason when high school coaches at the top high schools in Minnesota had never seen him at their high school before. It's called RECRUITING, you need it to be a successful college coach. Mason didn't do it and he failed. That will really get your point across too, let's insult coaches, fans, and a university. I'd hate to think you were Alumni, generally Bison alumni actually have alot more character and class.

Tatanka
06-25-2007, 01:58 AM
:hide:

:smh:

WildBill
06-25-2007, 03:02 AM

He's an Iowa troll